~WDWMagic.com Spaceship Earth Re-Opening Party~

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
Hi everyone! :wave:

As promised, we have refurbished the WDWMagic.com Spaceship Earth Re-Opening Party. We hope you will join us on Saturday March 1st, 2008 for a memorable day of attractions, food and fun at Epcot!

For us, this day is about a couple of different things:

A) Celebrating the return of Spaceship Earth... it's not the same without it!

B) Meeting friends that we have come to know online, and getting to know each other as real people!

To accomplish this, we will spend time on Spaceship Earth, plan our meals together, and take in a couple of extra attractions that we have not done as a group yet.

Due to the fact that we had trouble initially, with date changes for the opening of Spaceship Earth, we realize that a good number of people who showed interest in this meet may no longer be able to attend. We have now chosen a date that will allow sufficient time to clear the "Official" opening of Spaceship Earth, plus an extra few days "just in case"!!

WHO'S ATTENDING?:
Below you will find the same list of people who submitted their names for this meet in the previous thread, minus anyone who gave a specific date on which they could attend that did not match with March 1st. If everyone would be so kind as to check the list, see if you are on it, let us know if you wish to be removed, or confirm if you will still be able to join us. That would be greatly appreciated so we can prepare various supplies that we will be needing (nametags, etc).

FOOD!:
We still plan on having a yummy dinner together at the Biergarten. Our reservation has been changed to reflect the new date of March 1st. We do realize that not everyone attending will be able to make this, but we hope to see as many as possible there! Here is a link to the buffet menu for anyone on the fence:

Biergarten Menu

PLEASE RSVP for the Biergarten as soon as possible!
Check to see if you were on the original list below, and then let us know if you are still planning on attending, or if we should remove your name. We would love for anyone who was not originally signed up for the Biergarten to let us know you can come!

WHAT ARE WE DOING?:
Below you will find the updated schedule for the day. We do have a contingency plan in the event of an unanticipated attraction closure, etc. We also have an alternate location for the Trivia Contest if the Electric Umbrella is too crowded. Also, we would still love to have that Beverly Challenge should time permit! Assuming we will be a smaller group and therefore, sticking together through most of the day, any announcements will be made on the spot should they become necessary.

WHAT ABOUT THE GROUP PHOTO?:
You will note that there is no mention of a group picture in the schedule. We absolutely will have group photos taken throughout the day, including first thing in the morning, but because this will be a smaller group, we did not feel that it was entirely necessary to have a predetermined time for said photos. We will simply stop and smile throughout the day. :)

TRIVIA CONTEST, COOL!:
We are collecting Epcot trivia questions and answers still, if anyone would care to submit an entry, please PM them to Horizons78

ILLUMINATIONS!:
We have not yet determined a viewing area for Illuminations. Plans for this will be announced at a later date.

So that's all I can think of (whew! as if that wasn't enough!) Please ask any questions about anything you want, and mostly - just join us! I think we're going to have a really nice day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schedule for the day:

9:00am:
Meet and Greet at the "MerfCove"
(for location see picture below)

10:00am:
Spaceship Earth!
Ride as many times as you can, or stop and play games in Project TOMORROW!

1:00pm:
Trivia Contest with 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize given for most correct answers
Grab your lunch and join us upstairs at the Electric Umbrella!

3:00pm:
Universe of Energy group ride

5:00pm:
Check-in at Biergarten for 5:20 dinner
(Meet near fountain/planter in front of Biergarten for head count)

IMPORTANT BIERGARTEN REMINDER:
Disney restaurants require an entire party to be present before they will allow you to check in at the podium. Please remember that it is most important to be on time for this event. Thanks!

7:30pm:
Maelstrom group ride

9:00pm:
Illuminations (viewing location TBD)

As always the schedule is subject to change if necessary...

Our Attendees:

*1. BSikor - 1
*2. Horizons 78 - 3
*3. SweetMagic04 - 2
*4. EpcotServo - 1
*5. EPCOT.nut - 2
*6. jvrabel - 2
*7. Horizonstta - 1
*8. jedimaster1227 - 1 or 2
*9. sillyspook13 - 1
*10. chels26 -
*11. t3techcom18 - 1
*12. rainfully - 2
*13. Figment1986 - 2 maybe 3
*14. Matt (ImagineerMMC) - 2
*15. Chape19714 - 1
*16. Crazy4WDW1 - 2
*17. Matpez - 2
*18. Flight Safety - 2
*19. dicaxpuella - 1
*20. kc1296426 - 1
*21. Space Mountain - 2
*22. hrcollectibles - 2
*23. mstinkherbell01 - 3
*24. Master Yoda - 1

* has RSVP'd

5:20PM dinner at the Biergarten :slurp:

Please let us know if you can join us!:

*1. SweetMagic04 - 2
*2. EPCOT.nut - 2
*3. Sillyspook13 - 1
*4. jvrabel - 2
*5. Horizons78 - 3
*6. Figment1986 - 2 maybe 3
*7. Matpez - 2
*8. Flight Safety - 2
*9. dicaxpuella - 1
*10. Space Mountain - 2
*11. Master Yoda - 1

*has RSVP'd

Last but not least... here's the MerfCove :D:

GoogleEarth_ImageMerfCove.jpg

EPCOT.nut

Why March 1st..?

They moved SSE "reopening" again so now it's the 14th. Valentines day.

A contingency plan was if WDW changed the re-opening of SSE too much, which they have done in the past, that we would pick a Saturday after the anticipated opening date.

We just can't keep changing the date to suit Disney.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
Why March 1st..?

They moved SSE "reopening" again so now it's the 14th. Valentines day.

Well, being that it's already been open all this time, and most of us have ridden it, it doesn't seem necessary to try to match Disney's date to the letter. It seems much more logical to choose a Saturday after the official opening date so that we are certain it's really open and more people can come.

brkgnews

I'm glad you guys are doing this meet. Sorry I can't attend, but I wish you all the best. There is really no greater feeling than doing Disney with folks who "get it."

maryszhi

can you do something for easter breaks ?????
if we go, we are going the week b/f and day of easter, which is my moms and dads spring, break, not mine...mines the week after,but we have to go home b.c. my dads a special ed teacher and mom a high school concler

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
can you do something for easter breaks ?????
if we go, we are going the week b/f and day of easter, which is my moms and dads spring, break, not mine...mines the week after,but we have to go home b.c. my dads a special ed teacher and mom a high school concler

Well, as much as I'd love to plan something every week if I could, I don't think anyone wants to attempt much as far as meets go during the worst of the spring break crowds. :(

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Sadly, you've moved further away from my visit [or closer to my August visit :lookaroun] and I won't be able to join you. :(

Have fun anyway! :wave:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
Sadly, you've moved further away from my visit [or closer to my August visit :lookaroun] and I won't be able to join you. :(

Have fun anyway! :wave:

If we'd moved it closer to your visit, it would have been competition for the Meet Monty Meet. We can't have that!

EpcotServo

Yep: I still want to go! (Though it being on a weekend it may be more tricky to get there, but hopefully it should all work out.)
:wave:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
Yep: I still want to go! (Though it being on a weekend it may be more tricky to get there, but hopefully it should all work out.)

wOOt. and wOOt.

:D

I didn't know you had weekend issues, I sure do hope you can work that out! It wouldn't be the same without you!

C&D

It's better and it's worse IMO but that's for all of you to decide for yourselves. The signs said it was still a work in progress when we rode it last week. And for those that have ridden it already:

IMG_0739.jpg

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
Don't forget that we need Epcot trivia questions and answers. If you have any you'd like to submit, PM them to Horizons78

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom