WDWMAGIC 2015 New Years Day Celebration Thread

Sam Magic

Original Poster
3451y6s.png

Beinvenue! Welcome to the Big Easy, The City by the Dirty Dell, the Crescent City, welcome to our host city New Orleans WDWMagic for the Official Opening Ceremony of the 2015 TAFI Alliance Awards!​

header_NO.jpg

New Orleans is one of America's cultural treasures. Situated at the mouth of the Mississippi River; the worlds most important river, this city has long been an American capital of art, culture, and food.

New_Orleans_The_Levee_1844.ss.jpg

Founded almost 300 years ago in 1718, the city has become an icon on the American landscape and a timeless symbol of a cultural melting pot. Due to the cities prime location, it quickly became one of the nations largest and most important city after its founding. Its location on the Mississippi River naturally make it the true heartbeat of a nation.

new_orleans_second_line_640.jpg

Originally founded by the French, controlled by the Spanish, and sold to the Americans in 1805, New Orleans is home to a diverse array of cultures and people. It is here that millions if immigrants came in the 1800s, giving birth to some of the most important American contributions to the world. From the spices of Gumbo, to the sweet and smooth sound of Jazz, New Orleans is home to it all.

Fireworks-IMG_9132.jpg

For the next three days we will celebrate the new year in this most American of American cities. We will celebrate the contributions made over the past year to this forum and look forward to the next year and the joys it too will offer. However, tonight, we celebrate the people, music, and culture of New Orleans!

Now, joining us live from the Mercedes-Benz Superdome is the hologram of New Orleans Legend; Louis Armstrong!

Now for the Cultural Presentation, and the Spirit of the South:

And to end our Presentation tonight, a thoughtful look back on Walt Disney, and New Orleans Square:

Thank you Walt and New Orleans for that wonderful presentation and Ceremony, below is this weeks agenda!

12/30 /15
- Opening Ceremony in New Orleans
- Elite Eight Winner Announcement:
@TheOriginalTiki vs. @tcool123

Well guys, passing down the tradition, I have to say I'd love to give you guys both the title. You both should be extremely proud of your projects, and how far you've come not only in the Elite Eight, but all of 2015! Excellent Work Guys!

That's also for everyone in the Elite Eight and who had participated in the forums this year! 2015 has really flown by....

But Since there can only be one winner I choose....

Congrats and I Hope Everyone has an Excellent 2016!

12/31/15
- Official TAFI Alliance Awards Ceremony in New Orleans (Midnight)
- Park Builders Unite
- Imagineering Gameshow - Family Feud: 8PM EST
- TAFI Throwback Thursday; 2015 Edition
The first event has started!

Check out the TAFI Throwback Thursday thread for the latest update!

1/1/16
- Year End Recap; Hosted by the Original Tiki; LIVE From San Francisco
- The Sole Imagineer Sign Ups
- Festivus Finale

1/2/16
- Closing Ceremony in New Orleans

I hope to see you all and wish you all a happy New Year!

Last edited:

Sam Magic

Original Poster
Voting on the winners of the TAFI Alliance Awards has ended. Results will be unveiled tonight in a special ceremony in New Orleans.

spacemt354

Chili's
Family Feud has begun!

And to add to our festivities - I'm going to provide a sneak peak at a new ICS Weekends game which you can see here - "Where In the World"

Check out the thread and test your Disney Parks knowledge in this fun-filled event!:)

Sam Magic

Original Poster
So, I'll be honest here...the past five hours have been a consistent series of clusterblocks. The show will be coming, just will be posted later than I had hoped. Happy New Year...#firstpostof2016

Sam Magic

Original Poster
Appologies for this being so late up. It was honestly planned for last night, but a series of unfortunate events changed that. Now Presenting the Official 2015 TAFI Alliance Awards (NSFW and Very, Very, Salty):

In other news, signups for the Sole Imagineer have begun! Go check it out in the thread.

spacemt354

Chili's
Appologies for this being so late up. It was honestly planned for last night, but a series of unfortunate events changed that. Now Presenting the Official 2015 TAFI Alliance Awards (NSFW and Very, Very, Salty):

In other news, signups for the Sole Imagineer have begun! Go check it out in the thread.

Nice work Sam!

I will say I was listening to the audio of this at first because I was doing something...30 secs after your intro my reaction below...;)
200.gif

I'm about halfway through but so far it's funny without going too overboard.

Sam Magic

Original Poster
Nice work Sam!

I will say I was listening to the audio of this at first because I was doing something...30 secs after your intro my reaction below...;)
200.gif

I'm about halfway through but so far it's funny without going too overboard.
After about the halfway mark...I go overboard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom