WDWGuy's Trip Report

WDWGuy

Original Poster
Hi there Everyone!!

I am very happy to report that despite some of the reservations I had about my trip this past weekend, it proved to be a great time.

A few observations:

*Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade is the best thing to happen to Disney's Animal Kingdom since the Festival of the Lion King Show! AND...and its the first parade in Disney history that you can see it TWICE in one showing! It begins and ends in Harambe Village. If you stand by the bridge or in Harambe itself...you will have the pleasure of seeing this parade twice :) the parade is high energy, features the Disney characters, and a very up-beath soundtrack...And because the width of the AK parade track in narrow..its really an "In your face" parade. I loved it...it surprised me....MAKE SURE YOU SEE THIS WHILE YOU'RE THERE!!

Disney Stars and Motor Cars is a great improvement from the Mulan Parade. Both from a CM's point of view as well as the Guests. A great addition to MGM. It too will be very popular...the parade's coolest moment? R2-D2 coasting dowen the parade route and interacting with the guests...it was very cool.

Share a Dream Come True Parade is also a wonderful parade. I love the music for this one as well...The Snow Globes are very impressive.

More to Come....

Steve D

ToTBellHop

well, it seems the recent changes are much smaller than we originally speculated. I mean, the parades/fireworks are all still up and you have said the new ones are great...so I'm definitely looking forward to going! MORE SO THAN BEFORE THE 11TH (cuz of the new parades)!!! Did everyone notice the Thanksgiving hours? They're pretty nice...9a-11p at MK, 10a-9:30p Epcot, 9a-7p MGM, 8a-5p AK. Those don't sound bad to me...

Maria

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Did everyone notice the Thanksgiving hours? They're pretty nice...9a-11p at MK, 10a-9:30p Epcot, 9a-7p MGM, 8a-5p AK. Those don't sound bad to me...

Those sound like the regular hours for the holiday season! yeah! Except for MGM, which usually had two Fantasmic shows... :)

cindy-rella

Originally posted by Maria

Those sound like the regular hours for the holiday season! yeah! Except for MGM, which usually had two Fantasmic shows... :)

That's what I'm worried about. We're gonna be there Thanksgiving week but they're only showing one Fantasmic a night. How long do you think I better be waiting to get in to see that one?!? :rolleyes:

But at least I get to go to WDW-just being there is the best part!
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

virk4

2 days

:D I'll be there this weekend for a week. I don't like the changes but I've already adjusted my schedule & I think we'll be just fine. I'll give you a report next week. :king:
Beach Club - can't wait

Maria

Originally posted by cindy-rella

That's what I'm worried about. We're gonna be there Thanksgiving week but they're only showing one Fantasmic a night. How long do you think I better be waiting to get in to see that one?!? :rolleyes:

But at least I get to go to WDW-just being there is the best part!
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

As far as I know, they can accomodate 9,000 people in that theater, but it fills up real fast, specially when there is only one show. I took my parents there in October and it was packed. My sister and her husband decided they had to go out again to buy something and were the last ones to get back in before they put the chain right behind them! I made the family get in the theater about 45 minutes before the show started and they were complainning! After seeing how they almost didn´t get in, they all thanked me! ;) I believe the preshow starts at around 20 mins b4 the show starts, so you´ll be entertained... ;)
Have a great trip! Come back with the report please! :)

WDWGuy

Original Poster
Currently the Streetmosphere performers who used to do a pre-show for Fantasmic! are no longer invlved with the show...Just music prior to show currently...

ToTBellHop

when there is a 7 o'clock show and it's the only one, I would recommend showing up at 5:30...if you want a good seat. That's what I like about two show nights...you CAN'T show up untill like 8 b/c it takes that long for people form the 7:00 show to get out. However, we should be happy they are still running it every night :) Do they really get THAT many people there around thanksgiving? I mean...no one around here would go...we get five days off from disney...THAT'S NOT ENOUGH!! 10 days isn't even enough for us! (although I'm convinced it won't be long enough till I am a Cast Member :king: ) 15 weeks!!!! Thank GOD they haven't even CONSIDERED dropping Reflections of Earth...it's obviously VERY expensive to put on...maybe Eisner realizes he would be stupid to get rid of arguibly Disney World's BEST fireworks show EVER! Of course...when ALL the nighttime shows are good...it's kinda tough/dumb to cancel any of them. Thus, we still see SpectroMagic! on there through the end of November!!!! YEEHAW!!! And it's run twice/night for Thanksgiving...REMEMBER: Thanksgiving is VALUE season. Those are pretty good hours for value season...

2002 Rates

Value--1/1/02-2/13/02; 8/25/02-10/2/02; 11/3/02-12/19/02
Regular--4/21/02-8/24/02; 10/3/02-11/2/02
Peak--2/14/02-4/20/02
Holiday--12/20/02-12/31/02

Let's all put this into perspective...All they need to do now is bring back e-ride nights and I'll be THRILLED :) I'm pretty sure these are pretty profitable, so I think they will come back shortly. Disney didn't make any money off of Early Entry....theoretically...I mean...I don't think anyone will CANCEL their resies b/c disney no longer offers the option of waking up at 6:30 to get to the parks early...I hardly ever used them, especially toward the midpoint of the vacation...we go non-stop all vacation, so it's tough getting up THAT early...we do take advantage of e-ride nights, though. I'm sure attendance at the parks will slowly rebound...again...the Christmas crowd is PROBABLY not going to throw their plans up in the air. GOTTA LIVE!!!(and if disney is life then you GOTTA DISNEY!) HOORAY FOR THE MOUSE!!! (okay...enough propaganda)
KYLE!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

cindy-rella

I don't think I would change my mind right now about staying on WDW property. I mean, we always took advantage of early entry-especially with 2 kids. But there are so many other advantages, like the fact that I can park my car and leave it in the same space practically my whole time there. I love being able to leave the driving to someone else. Plus I'm only paying $77 a night while I'm there. I thought that was a pretty good deal. And they are really working with us to accomodate the two senior ladies that are coming with us (special handicap rooms for them). I just find that they seem to try to go out of there way to help us every time we've been there. I definitely am looking forward to going and staying on WDW property. I'll report any info I get when I'm back. :) :D :)

13 more days til we leave!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

cindy-rella

Oh yeah, and thanks for all the info on Fantasmic. We will make sure to be early-there will be 9 people in our party. I don't mind waiting as long as we can get in to see the show.:)

terry45

I just got back from trip this past weekend and I didn't like the fact that MK closed at 6:30 on Fri. Night. Only stayed open till 9:00 on Sat. MGM closed everynight at 6:30. Sort of made it hard to see everything. Still had a great time!

Chris

Originally posted by cindy-rella

13 more days til we leave!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

We are leaving on the 16th too. It seems that a lot of people from these boards are going around Thanksgiving and there abouts.

Regarding Fantasmic, if you want to be guaranteed a seat, buy a Fantasmic Dinner package. They are not the best seets but they are reserved and you dont have to waist an hour and a half of your day sitting in the ampitheatre.

NowInc

Ironically enough I am going to be AVOIDING the parks on thanksgiving week...I Hate crowds. I may take this opportunity to go down to south florida and relax with some old college buddies.

It usually gets pretty hectic around that time of year...so be perpared for (hopefuly) and increase in attendance which would mean a reversal of some of the cutbacks.

Chris

Originally posted by NowInc
Ironically enough I am going to be AVOIDING the parks on thanksgiving week...I Hate crowds. I may take this opportunity to go down to south florida and relax with some old college buddies.

It usually gets pretty hectic around that time of year...so be perpared for (hopefuly) and increase in attendance which would mean a reversal of some of the cutbacks.

We are actually arriving on Friday the 16th. We are going to Epcot on Saturday for the Int Food and Wine Fest. Sunday we are leaving for the Disney Cruise. Since the Cruise returns on Thanksgiving day, the boat is only about half full. We will do Thanksgiving dinner at the California Grill then lounge around on Friday. Sat and Sun after Thanksgiving, we are going to Universal. The week following we will do Disney when it is usually less crowded. Then return home on Dec 2. Complicated plan but at least we avoid most of the crowds and still get the benefit of the cruise, Thanksgiving and Christmas at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom