WDW with an almost 2 year old

cococola44

Original Poster
So DH is coming back from training for the ARMY in late November and I want to go back for the 9th vaca :) BUT we are bringing my daughter now. Last time I was at WDW I was 4 1/2 months preggo. :)

What rides did you bring your 2 year old on and what rides did he/she not want to go on. How was the experience for your little one?

mrs. gracey

It will really depend on your child. When my daugher was 18mos she rode pirates and haunted mansion. My son on the other hand at two (and four) years would not ride either. I 'm hopeful for next year (he'll be seven) .
I guess just let him decide.

jensdisney

I took my daughter when she was 18 months and she rode everything she could, height wise. She wasn't scared at all and had a blast. Haunted Mansion was more intriguing then anything and Pirates she really enjoyed. Actually she was more afraid of Snow White then the other two! LOL Your daughter will have a blast because at that age they don't care about anything. Now when she is three it is a different story, and four is even more different. Have a great time!

GenerationX

The first year we went as a family, my youngest son was 23 months. He loved the playgrounds (Boneyard, Honey I Shrunk, Tom Sawyer's Island) and many of the rides: Pooh, IASW, Buzz, and Kilimanjaro Safaris to name a few. He stared in wonder at everything. The characters fascinated him, too.

We avoided HM, Pirates, Dinosaur, etc. just to make sure his first experiences were positive. He now (nine years later) loves every ride.

cococola44

Original Poster
thank you so much!!!

How did the swap option work for you guys? I know that it stinks to go on rides by yourself but what we might need to do is do swaps but also put her in like Neverland Club at Poly for like 4 hours and go back to the park and ride rides that she can't go on. Like DH and I time. You think?

cheshiresmile

DD will be almost 2 as well when we go next week. I would love to bring her on HM or POTC, I just worry with those because once you're on you are there for the whole thing. I'm leaning towards no, but maybe if she goes through the queue we'll know if she can go or not or if she is interested.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom