WDW with a 3 year old boy

jezzerinos

Original Poster
Hello everyone

I have a question for you, what are your experiences going to The World with a 3 year old boy.

Me and the wife are planning to take our little chap when he's pretty much 3 (not for 2 more years yet) and we wanted to know what it's like. What sort of rides can we get him on etc.

Thanks once more for your help!!!:cool:

switts

I took my son 2 years ago and he turned 4 down there. He had alot of trouble with the rides at first because he was used to carnival rides. Once i dragged him onto IASW screaming and he realized that they arent scray he started to like more of the rides. My son is actually at the world right now with his mother for the week and now he is dying to ride soarin' and Mission:space.....how things have changed in a year an half

I took my son when he just turned 3 and he had a great time. he wasn't quite 40" to get on some of the bigger rides but there was still a lot for him to do. He loved the shows and all the rides except Goofys Barnstormer. He's not usually a risk taker and quite scared of things but even the fireworks didn't bother him.

bmarkelon

We just my DS 3 last October and he had a blast!! Like another poster mentioned you may not be at the 40 inch mark for Big Thunder and Splash Mountain, my little guy just missed it. But he didn't mind, he went on all the other rides in Magic Kingdom. The best thing we did that trip was the Pirate's League pirate makeover, it was adorable. He absolutely loved it and I have to say I was more pleased with this experience than the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for my DD5.

You will absolutely have a magical trip with your 3 year old. It stands out as a favorite age for me, the magic is so real in those eyes and you can't miss that!! :D:sohappy:

plutofan15

Great time to take the little one. Our some is 5 and he justed completed his fifth visit this past February. When he was 3 (3 1/2 actually) he rode Splash Mountain & Big Thunder Mountain RR and loved them. He also rode Tower of Terror and Test track - it all depends on how tall he is. In fact, the visit when he was 3 was the one where we were chosen to be in one of Disney's "What Will You Celebrate" commercials so he was a TV "star" as well. The link to the commercial is below. We are the third "story". Our kiddos are the little dude in the Hawiian shirt and our daughter was the infant at the time - just learning to walk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qTy2NguqQY

disneymommy24

My husband and I are taking our son there in several weeks, he is 3 now. He is 39 1/2 '' and I hope he will sprout within the next several weeks so he can ride the 40'' rides.:) I cannot wait to see the magic through his eyes, it is going to be a blast!!! I am going to be 7 months pregnant, and won't be able to do much myself, but his enjoyment is more than enough for it to be considered a enjoyable trip.

jezzerinos

Original Poster
Thank you all soo much. Great to hear nothing but good things about going when he'll be that age!! Pretty much decided that we'll go then which is GREAT!!!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom