WDW with a 13-month old

shmily

Hello everyone! Some of you may think we're crazy but my DH and I are taking our DD down to WDW in August. She will almost be 13 months old. With my DH being in the Navy, living in SC and trying to get stationed out of WA, we thought this might be our first and last family trip for a while as to he will be out to sea once we get to our new duty station. Growing up, my parents took my sister and I to WDW or DL almost every year which we loved. What I wanted to know was if anyone has any advice as to what to see, what to avoid (besides the obvious things like Space Mtn and BTMR), when to go where, etc. Any positive feedback would be deeply appreciated.

brertigger

shmily said:
Hello everyone! Some of you may think we're crazy but my DH and I are taking our DD down to WDW in August. She will almost be 13 months old. With my DH being in the Navy, living in SC and trying to get stationed out of WA, we thought this might be our first and last family trip for a while as to he will be out to sea once we get to our new duty station. Growing up, my parents took my sister and I to WDW or DL almost every year which we loved. What I wanted to know was if anyone has any advice as to what to see, what to avoid (besides the obvious things like Space Mtn and BTMR), when to go where, etc. Any positive feedback would be deeply appreciated.
Where are you staying at (if you don't mind me asking)?

All the tips that have been posted are great tips. I don't have too much to add. Just: don't overdo it (plan on an afternoon nap), and make sure everyone stays hydrated.

Upvote 0

shmily

Original Poster
brertigger said:
Where are you staying at (if you don't mind me asking)?

All the tips that have been posted are great tips. I don't have too much to add. Just: don't overdo it (plan on an afternoon nap), and make sure everyone stays hydrated.

We are staying at All-Star Movies.

Upvote 0

Jenerella

first, congrats on your trip!! I've been there with my son when he was a baby,
and though it was a little difficult, we had an amazing time together (of course he doesn't remember his first trip at all). I would reccomend the shows
like Voyage of the little mermaid,(Not too long and holds their attention),and
the Country bears jamboree. Disney has tons of things for little ones, so you wont be bored. Also thne kid swap is very conveinient. If you've never heard of it, its when you ride something and leave the baby with someone while you're on it, you get off and they get right on with no waitng( through the exit). I hope i helped. Have fun!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom