WDW Weddings

cameraguy

Has anyone ever been to or had a wedding in WDW. If what is it like and is it expensive. My brother and his fience are contempalting it.

ErickainPA

http://www.disneyweddings.com/site/gate/index.jsp

My hubby and I got married on Sunrise Terrace on the 4th floor of the Wilderness Lodge back in 2001. It was perfect and just right for the few people we invited. Ours was an intimate package which is for up to 10 people. The site above will give your brother more information on the weddings they offer.

You get a wedding planner
Choice of officiate (we chose Rev. Jack Day: www.revjackday.com)
Choice of flowers (there are several styles available, I had red and cream roses surrounded by ivory sheer ribbon)
Choice of cake flavors (we had marble cake with buttercream icing) cake topper to take home of Minnie and Mickey in bridal attire
Choice of location (we chose Sunrise Terrace)
Choice of music (we had a flutist - Robin)
Champagne or sparkling cider (we had both)
Dinner for the bridge and groom, additional guests were extra (we ate at Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge)
Honeymoon stay for I think it was 4 nights (we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, were given conceirge level with a view of the castle)

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

Ha, we had Jack Day, too. Good man.

Ours was at the wedding pavillion, then the reception at american adventure. Great time, perfect night.

You can do a Disney Wedding relatively cheap. Call them up and have them send the info, along with price descriptions.

Upvote 0

gary_flower

Im getting married on dec 5th this year.
It not exspencive for what you get and what they can do is AMAZING
I can not wait.
Im going to WDW 28th of this month and will be planning it all with our wedding planner.

It is so the best way of getting married

Upvote 0

ADevereaux

Weddings at Disney

I was the maid of honor an extravagant wedding at the Wedding Pavilion with a reception at the Grand Floridian. This wasn't your average wedding, it was outrageously expensive. But it WAS breathtakingly beautiful and Disney did a great job. :)

If I had to do it again, I'd get married where wishes come true. :king:

Upvote 0

bgraham34

My friend went to one 2 years ago. He said the tab on the wedding was over 150k. They had the ceremony at the Magic Kingdom and he said it was unreal, just like a fairy tale.

Upvote 0

FairyTaleCouple

June 8th!

My fiance and I are getting married on June 8th at Shipwreck beach at the Yacht club with reception at Ariel's. We are having around 50-60 guests and with everything from rehersal dinner party at Epcot on the UK lower terrace for illuminations, the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception it will be around $20,000 give or take a few hundred. It would have been difficult to do it for much less then that, and VERY VERY easy to spend way more then that. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

prprincess

I got married at WDW in 2003. We got married at the Pavilion, and had our reception at Ariel's at the YBC. We also had a dessert party at the living seas. For about 52 guests, we paid $18K. We booked our photographer separately, but got everything else--hair, makeup, flowers, characters, etc. through Disney. Not bad.

Upvote 0

cbr_princess

Main Street USA said:
Ha, we had Jack Day, too. Good man.

Ours was at the wedding pavillion, then the reception at american adventure. Great time, perfect night.

You can do a Disney Wedding relatively cheap. Call them up and have them send the info, along with price descriptions.

Main Street USA - That is exactly what we're hoping for!! My only concern is whether or not we would be able to meet the 100 person minimum to reserve the AA Rotunda. Any thoughts? Thanks! :wave:

Upvote 0
Last September, my brother-in-law got married at WDW. Ceremony at the Wedding pavilion, reception at GF (with Goofy and Snow White), and desserts on the UK private patio for Illuminations. It was truly an awesome day (especially seing Illuminations so up close). They got up the next morning around 6:00am to have more pictures at MK. They basically had the run of the park, being able to get pictures taken wherever they wanted. I think the total cost was somewhere around $22,000 for 50 guests.

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

cbr_princess said:
Main Street USA - That is exactly what we're hoping for!! My only concern is whether or not we would be able to meet the 100 person minimum to reserve the AA Rotunda. Any thoughts? Thanks! :wave:
We didn't have 100 for the AA Rotunda. Maybe that's a new rule. We had 30 - 40 total. Our wedding was in 2001, so maybe prices have gone up a bit, you can definitely have a great wedding for well under 20k.

Upvote 0

cbr_princess

Thanks! We are looking at between 75-100 and are trying to keep the cost ~ $25 - 30k. My preliminary budget is working so far. We've given some thought to holding a brunch reception at ADH instead of a dinner reception at AAR...followed by an Illuminations dessert party later that evening. Thanks for all your help! :)

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

cbr_princess said:
Yeah, invite me....that'll up your guest count by one. :wink:

Upvote 0

typhoonguy

:)

cbr_princess said:
LOL! The best words a groom can say is "Whatever you want honey...Just tell me where and when to show up"!

Funny you say that, that's exactly what I told my future wife:) We're getting married on the Cruise Line and it seems to be very inexpensive for a destination wedding with just the two of us.

Upvote 0
My fiance and I are getting married in Disney (where else on Earth would Disney freaks marry?). We live in South Florida, so it isn't far for family and friends to drive, and we are just doing the "intimate" wedding (18 guests, excluding the bride and groom). The standard weddings are $10,000 minimum, so that was out of the question. Intimate weddings are only $2400, which includes the destination (wedding pavilion, resort beach, etc) a violinist, a cake and a few other bits (you can add more incentives if you wish (characters, transport, etc). We didn't need catering since we plan to take the party to dinner at one of the many restaurants. I can't wait, a Disney wedding will be something to truly bless a marriage!:sohappy:

PS: Can you believe that a character visit to the ceremony costs a whopping $700 per 30 minutes! Those are certainly some high priced critters!:eek:

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

The intimate wedding is definitely an option to consider for a cheaper wedding. It's still beautiful, you're still in the most magical place on earth, and you're still marrying the person you love. What's missing? Nothing important, that I can see. It COULD even be more romantic.......you know.......with the intimacy and all. ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom