Wdw waterparks

Vinsud

Original Poster
Hi all,

We plan to visit wdw in mid-late October and would like to visit one of the water parks on one of our days.
I have 2 boys ages 7 and 9, are there recommendations about which of the 2 waterparks would be most fun for them?

Also, is it generally comfortable to use the parks in mid October? (thinking of temperature etc)

Thanks!
Vinay

zurgandfriend

The water parks are purely a matter of taste. My DS always like Typhoon Lagoon better than Blizzard Beach. He liked the wave pool more that the water slides. My DS is however part dolphin and loves to body surf, but I digress. Between the two I always liked the lazy river in Typhoon Lagoon best. The weather in Florida mid October should be fine, I would go later morning myself in case of a cool early morning.

Vinsud

Original Poster
Thank you. As my boys are still quite young, I was thinking more family-friendly ie typhoon lagoon might suit better.

NelleBelle

We’ve been taking our two boys since they were very young (they are now 15 and 13); they love they wave pool and TL. I love the lazy river and slides at TL (we used to love to snorkel through the shark tank when they had that, but that was years ago). Both parks are great and we try to always hit one up when we (have been in late Oct and weather was great but we are from Seattle, so YMMV). 😊

NYwdwfan

Hi all,

We plan to visit wdw in mid-late October and would like to visit one of the water parks on one of our days.
I have 2 boys ages 7 and 9, are there recommendations about which of the 2 waterparks would be most fun for them?

Also, is it generally comfortable to use the parks in mid October? (thinking of temperature etc)

Thanks!
Vinay
Unfortunately Blizzard Beach is closing for refurb 9/8/2019 - 1/4/2020 so that kinda makes the decision for you.

Last edited:

N2dru

Yeah BB will be closed during your visit so, like stated earlier your decision is kinda already made. But I'm sure your boys will love Typhoon Lagoon. My nephews didn't want to leave. They were practically raisins when we left😂 The wave pool, lazy river and Ketchakiddee Creek area were their favorites. Pretty sure your boys will like Typhoon Lagoon too!

yaksplat

We were just there last week. We took my boys, 7, 10 & 13, to both water parks during the week. The oldest was determined that if we were only going to one park that it should be Blizzard Beach, since his older cousins said that it was better. We did Typhoon Lagoon first and then Blizzard beach a couple days later. They all liked Typhoon Lagoon better due to the wave pool. They could have just stayed in there all day. We did lose a magic band though, so remember to take them off before hitting the wave pool. Lots of bodies crashing into each other.
Blizzard Beach was fun as well, but they just didn't want to wait in lines and the wave pool wasn't as good.

Walt Disney1955

Hi all,

Thanks!
Vinay

You can't go wrong with either. In general Typhoon Lagoon is the favorite on this board and I will agree with that. Your boys will be at the perfect age for that. As for the weather, I've been to Orlando twice in October and it is still hot the way most places would be in the summer. It definitely won't be cold.

Vinsud

Original Poster
Is it generally comfortable to walk around in tank top / t shirt / shorts in mid October (at least during the daytime)?

Wendy Pleakley

Is it generally comfortable to walk around in tank top / t shirt / shorts in mid October (at least during the daytime)?

That may depend on what you're used to. I'm from the Northwest, and when I've visited WDW in the "cold" season I'm perfectly comfortable in shorts/t-shirt while locals are wearing jeans and sweatshirts. A quick google search of average temperatures for your timeframe should give you a decent idea.

My experience was in February, when temperatures are a bit lower, but do be aware they close the water parks if the temperature is under 60 degrees or so. Try and keep some flexibility in your dates.

Cooler weather is great if you're used to it. I visited Universal's Volcano Bay twice when it was in the 64 degree range (as I recall) and it was a ghost town.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom