WDW waterparks

DieHardDisney

Original Poster
Hey guys, was just thinking about our list trip to the World and have a vague memory of being at Blizzard Beach and having to evacuate one of the pools due to a snake finding it's way in. Anyone else had a similar experience or know if this is a common occurence?

DieHardDisney

Original Poster
What sort of snakes do you guys down in FL have then, and what are the most common that you might stumble across in the World?

While walking up to one of the slides at TL we saw a large snake in the grass / rocks.

I don't know much about snakes but this one was big and scarey looking.

I guess they do find their way into the water now and then.

bassman

just a little thing but last year i was at one of the drinks dispensers at TL and there was a large black snake hanging down over the machine,i t looked perfectly harmless but i thought i had better tell some1 because for all i know it could have been a deadly snake, (here in britain we dont have snakes so i was totally in the blue about this 1),any way i found a CM at a nearby food stall and showed him what i was on about,and he went nuts!,he quickly stopped more people going near the machine and called for some1 on on the phone at the stall. i felt really guilty because i had shut down a machine and there was a lot of people needing it,now that i think about it it was the machine near the shark reef, and its the only 1 around that part of the park that i know of.

HoW

Growing up in central Florida, the most common snake I saw was a Black Racer, which isn't posionous and mostly just likes to be left alone. But Florida does have it's share of water snakes that could be harmful, but again, mostly like to be just left alone, and wouldn't harm anyone unless they started toying with it and making it angry.

If you want some more information on the snakes of Florida, this is a good place to get some solid information: http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/herpetology/FL-GUIDE/onlineguide.htm

dm77

I live in NE Florida(Palm Coast), just 120 miles or so north of Disney. In florida there are about 45 different species of snakes, but only about 6 of these species are deadly.

I know here in North Eastern Florida(Palm Coast, just about 120 miles north of Diseny so the snakes here are no different then Orlando) there are a couple of deadly snakes that are common, Diamondback Rattle Snakes, Water Moccasins, and Southern Copperheads.

Snakes are no big deal, most of the time if you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone. Snakes are so common in Florida that most hunters etc. when walking through fields with high grass, they must wear special boots.

Chape19714

I work in Palm Coast (well, sometimes)! Welcome to the Boards!

The Only snakes I've seen at Disney was actually a Python around adventureland, and a Cobra at the Hollywood Hills Ampitheatre.

Seriously, we normally only get balck racers and such.

dm77

Astronaut Jones said:
There was like some huge Boa Constricter snake on the Jungle Cruise ride. There must be alot of them though because I've seen it everytime i go.

:lol:

PS. Thanks for the welcome.

Plane Crazy

I was at Animal Kingdom about a week ago... and there was a snake sittin atop a bush in the gorilla paddock on the Pagani Trail. The Gorilla's sensed it's presence and were trying to get at it. Very interesting! The snake was well camouflaged... I would have never noticed it if the gorillas hadn't gotten so excited. The were running around and shaking the bush and whacking it with a stick. When the younger gorillas got too close, one of the older gorillas went over and gave them a smack on the head! Pretty funny.

saltmom1

[i felt really guilty because i had shut down a machine and there was a lot of people needing it,now that i think about it it was the machine near the shark reef, and its the only 1 around that part of the park that i know of.[/quote]
Hmmm, lunch fore the sharks .J/K :lookaroun I know they don't eat snakes.

bassman

Hmmm, lunch fore the sharks .J/K :lookaroun I know they don't eat snakes.[/quote]

:lol: thats it im never going back in that shark reef ever,all the sharks in there will probably have a 'wanted' poster of me and be out too get me.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom