WDW Virtual Visit

Main Street USA

Just as soon as my HUGE brain (ha) can figure out why I can't get ANY format to work from my Mac to a PC, we'll be good to go. The video has been done for months, just can't figure out how to get it up on the site for everyone.

ready2go

Main Street USA said:
Just as soon as my HUGE brain (ha) can figure out why I can't get ANY format to work from my Mac to a PC, we'll be good to go. The video has been done for months, just can't figure out how to get it up on the site for everyone.

First off great site!
Having done a good bit of work going from Mac to PC the basic 2 problems I have run into are: 1: Making sure when I exported a file for PC that it had the proper extension added on the file name. If not I could manually add it and the file would then work. 2: If the extension was added make sure that it was lower case. For some reason this would be a problem. Hope this helps. If you have already tried these fixes sorry for the repeat. Thanks again for the site.

Main Street USA

ready2go said:
First off great site!
Having done a good bit of work going from Mac to PC the basic 2 problems I have run into are: 1: Making sure when I exported a file for PC that it had the proper extension added on the file name. If not I could manually add it and the file would then work. 2: If the extension was added make sure that it was lower case. For some reason this would be a problem. Hope this helps. If you have already tried these fixes sorry for the repeat. Thanks again for the site.
One, thanks for the compliment!

Two, thanks ffor the possible fix. I'll try that tonight. I've exported it in many different file formats, including quicktime's simple (but HUGE) .mov, mpeg, and even divx, (all which should be universally acceptable to both macs and pcs, and still nothing. I didn't manually type in a file extension, though, and I know it's not on the saved file on my mac. That may be why my PC isn't recognizing it as a playable file.

I'll be sure to chime back in and post the results later tonight. Hopefully, that'll work. Thanks again!

dxwwf3

MSU, I enjoy this site more each time I go. It really is the closest thing to being there. Someday I'd like to bring a video recorder to the parks and just film hours of walking around the parks. It's the little things that I tend to miss when I get home.

Can't wait to see the rest of the MK and whatever else you have planned.

Captain Chaos

Zac, let me say great job on the website.. I love scrolling through.. Can't wait for the video to work... I know this is one huge project for you.. When you have things working, then wonderful...

Main Street USA

Ok, that's it. I need help. I'm beyond frustrated with this video. It is saved on my mac as a .mov, and I can't get it to play on my PC, in ANY exported format. In order to publish it so the rest of you can download it, I need someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong, tell me how to fix the problem, OR just plain do it for me. IF you can fix this, or you know anyone who can get this up, I'd be more than happy to get the video to you in whatever form, and let you play with it.

Thanks in advance...........

ready2go

Main Street USA said:
Ok, that's it. I need help. I'm beyond frustrated with this video. It is saved on my mac as a .mov, and I can't get it to play on my PC, in ANY exported format. In order to publish it so the rest of you can download it, I need someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong, tell me how to fix the problem, OR just plain do it for me. IF you can fix this, or you know anyone who can get this up, I'd be more than happy to get the video to you in whatever form, and let you play with it.

Thanks in advance...........

I'll try. Check your email for info.

Main Street USA

tj229er said:
Hey Zac, What's going on with the project? Have you abandoned it?
Oh, heck no. Not abandoned. Just had a lot of things happening in my life over the past few months, and the time and desire to sit down and work on have been avoiding me. Fantasyland is actually 90% done, so it won't be long for that. I'm headed down to WDW on the third, and I'll be grabbing some fill in pics, and all of the pics for the attractions that are currently not open as of yet. When I get back I'll have all I need to complete the MK, which will take care of any roadblocks I have now.

The video is being put on the back burner until I can figure it out. As I said before, it's finished, QUITE spectacular, and VERY different from anything that's been seen by anyone thus far, but I won't be able to share it until I either get some help from someone who knows what they're doing, or I read up on how to get it compressed and up on the site correctly.

I'll be sure to post here as soon as I know an exact date for Fantasyland. :)

Testtrack321

Main Street USA said:
Oh, heck no. Not abandoned. Just had a lot of things happening in my life over the past few months, and the time and desire to sit down and work on have been avoiding me. Fantasyland is actually 90% done, so it won't be long for that. I'm headed down to WDW on the third, and I'll be grabbing some fill in pics, and all of the pics for the attractions that are currently not open as of yet. When I get back I'll have all I need to complete the MK, which will take care of any roadblocks I have now.

The video is being put on the back burner until I can figure it out. As I said before, it's finished, QUITE spectacular, and VERY different from anything that's been seen by anyone thus far, but I won't be able to share it until I either get some help from someone who knows what they're doing, or I read up on how to get it compressed and up on the site correctly.

I'll be sure to post here as soon as I know an exact date for Fantasyland. :)

Did you use iMovie? It should work on a PC using QuickTime. My AIM is JWM1314, drop me a line sometime, I'm pretty good with the formats and such (and I have a Mac and PC too :) ).

Since1976

If I had a longer trip down there, I would definitely blow a day documenting a park this way. Every time I return from vacation, I lament all the pictures I didn't take.

Main Street USA

Welp, I'm back at it. (finally) Fantasyland should be up and running by tomorrow evening sometime. The TTA vid and all other vids will be posted as they are complete after all sections of the park are finished. TTA will be up first, not sure of the order after that. Anyway, along with tomorrow nights Fantasyland update, the following attractions will be open for your enjoyment:

- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Peter Pan's Flight
- It's a Small World
- Cinderella's Golden Carousel
- Snow White's Scary Adventures
- Dumbo The Flying Elephant
- Mickey's Philharmagic

...and over in tomorrowland

- Astro Orbiter

Hope you all enjoy your future visits! :animwink:

Main Street USA

Whoops, I updated the other threads I found through search, and didn't bother to realize that 3 of them were in the "General Discussion" section. Extremely sorry for the triple thread bump, all. Thanks.

Main Street USA

Well, it's update time again. My apologies to all that have been waiting.

Liberty Square is now open! This includes the Haunted Mansion and The Liberty Belle Riverboat. Also opening with this update are the Jungle Cruise, The Swiss Family Treehouse, and the Tiki Room.

We've also got a few new shirts to be had in the emporium.

Frontierland is opening next, and I promise, much sooner than Liberty Square did.

Enjoy, and HAVE FUN exploring the Magic Kingdom from the comfort of home!

www.wdwvirtualvisit.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom