WDW version of Club 33

durangojim

Original Poster
If there were a Walt Disney World version of Club 33 and say it was $10,000 to join and $2000 per year there after, how many of you all would join? I'm pretty sure I would. They could locate it over the Hall of Presidents eoyj s viiew of Splash Mountain in one direction and the Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder in the opposite side. Maybe Disney will do something like this in the future if there's enough interest.

Sloan

expensive meals

At $10k to join and $2k for annual membership, those would be very expensive meals (and yes, I know DL was $7.5k 'initiation' and like $2.5k annual fee), particularly for those of us who don't live right 'in the neighborhood' and would not get to enjoy it that often.

I love the concept, and think it would be a great idea, but I don't think that I'd personally pay that much to join unless I lived very close to the property and could use my membership regularly. (and yes, I also know that there's a waiting list for DL Club 33, even with the high prices).

I also consider how many really great restaurants there are on-property, and how I'd probably feel 'obligated' to go to Club 33 if I were spending that much on the membership.

I'm not trying to sound/be negative, as I would like to see a Club 33 @ WDW, I'm just not ready to join - - - - yet :lookaroun

durangojim

Original Poster
I agree about the value wouldn't be so great, but we go down there about 3-4 times a year, often with friends and family, and it would be nice to treat them to an even more special time than we often have, although Disney is great at it is!

speck76

WDW tried this.....it was the original purpose of what eventually (30 years later) became Saratoga Springs...

Orlando, as a city, does not lend itself to this type of "club"...BayHill (3 miles away) and other country clubs are much better suited......

ctwhalerman

It would be a great idea, in that it lure some of Central Florida's elite to the parks all the time and would become a power symbol,but I just don't think WDW has an area so well-suited for a club of this caliber, as Club 33 at Disneyland is in an incredible location.

ToTBellHop

Yeah...you have to keep in mind Club 33 is in the L.A. area--there are substantially more wealthy people within an hour of DL than there are within an hour of WDW.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
There is not only a waiting list to join Club 33, there a even bigger waiting list to get a reservation to go, once you become a member. Most members only get the opportunity to go once or twice a year. If the food isnt any better than what they serve next door at Blue Bayou, it aint worth it.

Valawen9

durangojim said:
If there were a Walt Disney World version of Club 33 and say it was $10,000 to join and $2000 per year there after, how many of you all would join? I'm pretty sure I would. They could locate it over the Hall of Presidents eoyj s viiew of Splash Mountain in one direction and the Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder in the opposite side. Maybe Disney will do something like this in the future if there's enough interest.

$10,000 to join?! :eek: That's insane.

speck76

ctwhalerman said:
It would be a great idea, in that it lure some of Central Florida's elite to the parks all the time and would become a power symbol,but I just don't think WDW has an area so well-suited for a club of this caliber, as Club 33 at Disneyland is in an incredible location.

Central Florida's Elite do not care about WDW....and do not visit the park....

walnutty01

speck76 said:
Central Florida's Elite do not care about WDW....and do not visit the park....

i dont know about that. what about all the people in celebration. they bought with interest in disney and from seeing those prices, we know that its not chump change

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
walnutty01 said:
i dont know about that. what about all the people in celebration. they bought with interest in disney and from seeing those prices, we know that its not chump change
You could not run a club like 33 only on the residents of Celebration, which a large part are Disney Execs.

speck76

walnutty01 said:
it is no more to live in Celebration than most areas of SW Orange County

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom