WDW Update, Trip Report, Forum User Report

Odd title, I know, but that's really what this is. I just got back from my 2003 trip to wdw, and it was...the WORST trip my family has ever taken to wdw, but for some reason (I'll get to that) the most enjoyable for me in years.
The Bad:
-It rained EVERY afternoon for at LEAST 6 hours (when I say rained, I mean POURED)
-We stayed at the Grosvenor Resort--NEVER stay at any of the Hotels on Hotel Plaza Boulevard if you would like to actually go to the parks, as it takes over an hour to get to and from the parks, and the bus drivers are just plain nasty
-we flew AirTran. We will stick w/ jetBlue from now on--our flight to Orlando was delayed, and for our flight back to Atlanta was further delayed, we missed our flight, and the AirTran employees, with no sense of guest service, they lost my mom's bag, refused to get us a new flight until this morning, and would not pay for our hotel in Atlanta--DO NOT FLY AIR TRAN

The Good:
-ISTCrew20: An amazing gentleman, a ladies man, a man's man, a renaissance man, I hung out with him four of the five days I was at Disney, and he was by far the high point of my trip. I knew from just talking to him on AIM and from his reports that he was a kewl kid, but I never KNEW him, if you know what I mean. Despite the other crummy factors in my trip, the fact that I left for Orlando six days ago not knowing Patrick and now consider him a good friend--that is the one reason I would do everything the same way if given the opportunity to do so. He saved my trip, as when everything was ______________, I always had my hours with him to look forward to, and I was thankful to find someone who could handle riding Mission: SPACE 40 times with me in four days (I rode it 57 times in those five days).

Mission: SPACE--incredible, as expected. I did, however, notice some problems with it after my 57 rides. The largest, and probably not fixable, is that the landing path is impossible. When you fly down toward the surface, there is no canyon connecting where you break the atmosphere to the north polar cap, yet it magically appears for you to fly along. The second problem is that in the map showing your blast off, the route is from Florida around toward Africa, yet when you fly, you head north from Florida toward Canada. Again, I am thankful that I had Patrick to share everything I noticed with. As Patrick noted, the theme song at the end was extended on Monday, which I let him know yesterday, after which we both listened to it. It seems that the vocal section is repeated at least twice before the very nifty instrumental piece is patched in.

Tower of Terror 4--incredible--I had the extreme fortune of riding it four times, and each time I experienced a different drop sequence. By far, my favorites are the two where you head up first, as they both have those nifty false endings and the cold air blasts.

Cranes galore--there is one set south of Epcot, and for the life of us, Patrick and I could not figure out where they were at--it wasn't in the direction of MGM; more southwest, I pressume.

It's tough to get pictures of the EVEREST construction site for the trees, but you can easily see the foundation work moving along from the Tarzan Rocks area

Stunt show--couldn't see too much, but I only rode the backlot tour once on Friday, w/ Patrick and Kenan--all we could see was that the area was completely cleared and massive. Actually, if you check Patrick's photo album, I'm in the pic with the new food cart, I'm taking the picture of him in front of the SPACE marquee, and I'm to his right on Test Track lol I'll actually have some pictures with both of us in them once I get my photos developed:)

It seems the cookies in mission control on Space are there one day, and gone the next...maybe they get hungry or something. However, from the guests we saw playing with the buttons in mission control yesterday, it is clear the CMs in there serve no function other than to look kewl to guests, so I give em two months before they are no longer located in there.

Fastpass works quite well on SPACE, as they were setting Blue and Gold aside for Fast Passers, and Red and Green for Stand by, allowing the single rider line to move quite quickly, which is nice. However, SPACE has yet to have any reductive effects on Test Track--I hope it does soon

Merchandise: My gosh the gift shop is amazing--I spent over $230 in SPACE merchandise lol, and I only brought $120 for souvenirs! Luckily, since I was so busy w/ Patrick this trip, I didn't really eat...anything...except...BOMA! If you have not been to Boma for dinner, GO! It is INCREDIBLE! I had to sample everything...the soups and desserts...wow.

Well, I think that's all I can think of. Despite my family hating this trip, I had a good time, so thank you Patrick--you are an amazing kid, a tremendous gentleman, all around fun to be around--MY FAVORITE FORUM MEMBER!

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Originally posted by Testtrack321
Sounds like you had a great trip! But atleast you at Pat could hang out, I never saw him on my trip.... :cool:

shhh...he hates being called Pat lol:D

AdLibSean

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
Red is the best ride..by far...it's not a psychological thing, cuz everyone says it--and blue is the most painful.

Could you expand on why blue is the most painful?

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Originally posted by AdLibSean
Could you expand on why blue is the most painful?
It is the most jerky, makes a loud banging sound during the zero-G scenes, and the motions don't always line up w/ the video.

monorail256

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
It is the most jerky, makes a loud banging sound during the zero-G scenes, and the motions don't always line up w/ the video.

I didn't care for blue or red.. I really liked gold the most.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom