WDW unofficial guide

10sne1

just read through the unoffical WDW guide book and thought it was very informative & it had some very good suggestions for meals, rides, when to and when not to go !.... loaned it from the library.

has anybody ever followed the park plans in the back of the book without varying it to much. it seems so well organized.... i would like to hear about any stories, etc... good & bad.... I realize eveybody should have some type of plan when they enter the parks as it can be over whelming at first.... especially for first timers...

:brick: :hammer:

10sne1

Original Poster
I agree with you on using the unoffical guide for the first 2 hrs. and getting to the park when they first open. I don't think we are regimented enough to follow it any longer... especially with kids!

If we can't see the more popular attractions within that time frame there is always fast pass which we can come back later in the day right?

thanks for all your comments.... it sure helps
:)

Upvote 0

Disneynutcase

Start collecting Fast Passes as soon as you can. Real basic strategy is to hit an area that you know has a few attractions you want to see, then get the Fast Pass for the primo ride in that area and go see/do the other attractions until your Fast Pass time comes up.

Here's how we open MK, arriving early to be there when park opens: 1) head to Dumbo, while almost everyone rides, one person gets a Fast Pass for Pooh Bear 2) ride Peter Pan's Flight before lines get long 3)ride Goofy's Barnstormer before lines get long 4) If Pooh Bear Fast Pass time is around now, one of us hi-tails it to next Fast Pass attraction, like Buzz Lightyear, then we ride Pooh Bear.

Then we move to the next land, in this case, Tomorrowland, and ride/see two or three things (Speedway, TTA, Astro Orbiter, CoP if it's open) before hitting Buzz or whatever attraction we now have a Fast Pass for.

If you can get another Fast Pass for another ride just prior to using your current Fast Pass (in this case for Buzz), then you can continue the process over and over.

The only hitch in all of this is that as the day progresses, the return time for Fast Pass rides starts to be longer and longer. Just remember that if you have a return time that is well over two hours away that you can get another Fast Pass once only two hours expire. Thus if you have to wait 3 hours to ride Space Mtn via Fast Pass, you can get another Fast Pass after 2 of the 3 hours expire.

And so on...

If you plan to hit certain areas around the Fast Pass rides, you end up seeing the primo attractions as well as seeing some of the lesser ones. The rub in all this is that your party needs to agree to tour this way. And it helps to know what other attractions are in the area that you guys might opt to see while waiting to use the Fast Pass.

Hope it helps and makes sense!

Upvote 0

figmentmom

I agree about the negative attitude the Unofficial Guide has about the food at Disney, but since I'm not there primarily to eat, I just skip that stuff and read on!

The most valuable advice any guidebook can offer is to ARRIVE EARLY! You're probably not going to want to do it every single morning, but get there early your first day and follow the touring plans. You'll see the maximum stuff in the minumum time; later on, you can all decide what you'd like to experience again, and what wasn't worth the wait. Every family has different ideas.

Upvote 0

snowdog

We used the guide in all of the different lands in Disney and they worked wonderfully.
I cut them out of the back of the book and put them in a ziplock bag and carried them
with us. We were able to see everything we wanted.I do highly recommend them. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

raven

The official guide (or Burnbaums) tells you what Disney wnats you to hear. The Unofficial Guide tells a hole lot more. From the eyes of real people like you and me. They even have quotes from people who have written them on tips. I have planned my vacation from this book twice and I love it!

Raven º0º

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom