WDW Trip Report for March 15th, 2006 (w/ photos!)

Stormhammer22

Original Poster
Hey everyone

I just came back from spending a week down in Florida, and while I did a lot of other things while I was there (i.e. Seaworld, Universal, Busch, Spring Training games), I did stop over at the Disney parks on the 15th, as it was the 1 year anniversary of when I proposed to my girlfriend at Cinderella's Royal Table in 05. Here is some things I noticed, along with some pics:

- We decided that we wanted to go to Epcot first and end with Magic Kingdom last, since Future World was only open till 7 p.m. that day, so we parked in the Magic Kingdom lot.

pana17306zq.jpg

I got this picture during the monorail trip through Epcot. It looks like they took the sign saying "The Living Seas" from the rock face. Not sure what else they are doing to the former enterance.

pana17321ck.jpg

Here is a look at the new sign & color on Spaceship Earth's outside front. Oooooo, pretty, ain't it? ;)

Non-Picture Report:

- Epcot was beyond packed. Soarin had a 120 minute wait!! Test Track & M:S were both at 70-80 mins on their own, and Spaceship Earth was actually using their full line area, which they almost never do. So, we decided to skip Epcot and take the boat over to the MGM Studios instead, hoping that it would be easier to get on some rides over there. How wrong we were. The crowds at MGM weren't any better.

pana17465id.jpg

Pretty, ain't it? Well, that's about as far as I got, as the lines for Tower of Terror were around 60-70 minutes, with the fast passes into the late afternoons. Same with Rock -N- Rollercoaster. Around 60-70 minute waits. I was tempted to wait it out and go on this, but it was just too damn hot that day to bother.

Non-Picture MGM Report:

- Ok, so we did a whopping two things while at the Studios. We rode the Great Movie Ride, which I noticed the new format of only using one ride car and only getting the Gangster scenario as you ride through. We had this really weird fat guy as the tram operator, and he was dancing and demanding bubbles during the opening scene about the old Hollywood musicals. :lookaroun

- Then we decided to go on the Backstage Tour. Well, we ended up having to sit for a good 15-20 minutes near the opening of the Stunts show arena while equipment was being moved out of the way, and then to top it all off, Catastrophy Cayon wasn't even working! DOH! :brick:

- After that, we decided to hop a bus to the Grand Floridian to look around, as my finance had never been inside, while I stayed there a few years back. Then we hoped the monorail to the MK.

pana17548bx.jpg

Can you guess what the theme for today is? Yup, BIG CROWDS! Another long wait for MK, with all the mountain ranges having between 45-70 minute waits. Hell, even "It's a Small World" was around 20-30 minutes!

pana17579te.jpg

Yes, it's true. Timekeeper is shut tight with no chance to get in. I only got to experience Timekeeper once, but it was a good show. I'll miss it. :cry:

pana17588ne.jpg

Here is a shot of the Space Mountain line. Gotta love the security guard standing at attention in the middle.

Non-Picture Report:

- So basically all we got to do was Buzz Lightyear (thanks to a fastpass) and the TTA. COP was up and running, though I thought I did see one of the doors on the side open into one of the theaters without anyone in it. I didn't even get a chance to head to Adventureland to see Pirates all closed up.

So, all in all, not the best trip to Disney, but I did enjoy myself none-the-less. Hope you all enjoyed!!

aeillill

awwwh, it's sad you didn't get to do everythign you wanted to do while you were there. I hope you managed to atleast enjoy the few things you managed to get on.
Just looking at those crowds make me really glad I'm going during the off season again

Stormhammer22

Original Poster
Another thing I failed to report is that there was a Cheerleader convention/competition thing down there at the same time, so that just added to everything. :brick: They were in force at the Wide World of Sports when I went to see the Astros/Braves spring training game. I guess that's were their competition was.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Stormhammer22 said:
Another thing I failed to report is that there was a Cheerleader convention/competition thing down there at the same time, so that just added to everything. :brick:......

So basically you are saying that it was C, - R, - O ,- W, - D, - E, - D . . . . . . .CRRRRRRROOOWWDED! :lol:

Sorry had to do it. At any rate nice pics, sorry to hear it was that crazy - tis the season I guess. :wave:

dixiegirl

Horizons78 said:
So basically you are saying that it was C, - R, - O ,- W, - D, - E, - D . . . . . . .CRRRRRRROOOWWDED! :lol:

lol.....stil laughing that was good!!! Yes great report. that is why we stick to going to disney in september.....we came back about a month ago(yes I'm in disney-withdrawals) and it was pretty busy..lines that were too long ..like 50min for dumbo(for the little monkeys) we just would say..."yup in september"....but it's always nice to see and read others trips reports!!!!!

luna99

wow. what exactly is the guard at space mountain for? In case people start cutting line or getting into fights over who gets to go in first?

that's amazing. in all my years of going to disney, I have *NEVER* seen a guard in front of any attraction.

that's kinda sad. :(

philsfan2185

luna99 said:
wow. what exactly is the guard at space mountain for? In case people start cutting line or getting into fights over who gets to go in first?

that's amazing. in all my years of going to disney, I have *NEVER* seen a guard in front of any attraction.

that's kinda sad. :(
i dont think thats a security guard because they were all blue costumes. it kind of looked like a photopass cast member. and no cast member should ever have his or her arms crossed. at least thats what i was taught.

luna99

philsfan2185 said:
i dont think thats a security guard because they were all blue costumes. it kind of looked like a photopass cast member. and no cast member should ever have his or her arms crossed. at least thats what i was taught.

yeah, you are right.. I looked at it again and it doesn't look too much like a security guard.. I guess the crossing of the arms makes him look kinda unapproachable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom