WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

Supposedly. If that FP was tied to media that did not enter the park that day and the FP is transferred that day to media that already entered a park that day. However, there is no reports of any MDE's getting locked out doing this exact steps.

Again, that makes sense from a rule perspective. I'm curious how on earth Disney would know that a FP was transferred -- once it is assigned to the person who actually entered the park, how does the CM tell that its origin was with someone who stayed at the hotel that day?

Overall, this just makes me anxious for the cast members and the hassle they have to go through. When I worked there, I just had to look at a paper ticket and tell someone no they couldn't ride because their ticket was obviously printed at home. :D

awilliams4

Again, that makes sense from a rule perspective. I'm curious how on earth Disney would know that a FP was transferred -- once it is assigned to the person who actually entered the park, how does the CM tell that its origin was with someone who stayed at the hotel that day?

Overall, this just makes me anxious for the cast members and the hassle they have to go through. When I worked there, I just had to look at a paper ticket and tell someone no they couldn't ride because their ticket was obviously printed at home. :D
The CM won't know. This specific hole is probably barely being exploited at all so I suspect Disney isn't locking anything when this is happening. The only way Disney would know is if they assigned a UID to each and every FP that is generated which I doubt they are doing. It would add a ton of complexity to the back end and would probably cause performance issues. I doubt they considered the need for a UID when this was first being designed and I believe most of the original programmers are gone so revisiting this is probably a HELL NO as far as a redesign. It would be a bit more reasonable for Disney to have a Change Party FP transactions only field in their DB. Where when this occurs, the UserID (not the UID of the FP itself) gets populated and they could query their DBs the next day to see if there were any CPFP that took place where the originating UserID is flagged as not entering the park. They could then generate a list for all UserIDs where the FP+ has the CPFP flag flagged and red flag those accounts. I believe this is not happening...what I mean is I believe Disney is not locking MDEs that exploit this.

The CM won't know. This specific hole is probably barely being exploited at all so I suspect Disney isn't locking anything when this is happening. The only way Disney would know is if they assigned a UID to each and every FP that is generated which I doubt they are doing. It would add a ton of complexity to the back end and would probably cause performance issues. I doubt they considered the need for a UID when this was first being designed and I believe most of they original programmers are gone so revisiting this is probably a HELL NO as far as a redesign. It would be a bit more reasonable for Disney to have a Change Party FP transactions only field in their DB. Where when this occurs, the UserID (not the UID of the FP itself) gets populated and they could query their DBs the next days to see if there were any CPFP that took place where the originating UserID is flagged as not entering the park. They could then generate a list fo all UserIDs where the FP+ has the CPFP flag flagged and red flag those accounts. I believe this is not happening...what I mean is I believe Disney is not locking MDEs that exploit this.

Gotcha. And wow, that is a level of complexity that I bet they didn't anticipate needing. And a redesign would be a nightmare.

freediverdude

Wow they actually removed it? Well that takes care of most of the workarounds that people use right there, no extra magicbands and so forth. The only real way now would be to have multiple real tickets attached to separate magicbands and enter the park multiple times, so that one person has multiple accounts. Which would be difficult if you have to show ID and so forth for the tickets. I don't know if people buying general tickets that aren't florida resident or DVC or something show ID.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wow they actually removed it? Well that takes care of most of the workarounds that people use right there, no extra magicbands and so forth. The only real way now would be to have multiple real tickets attached to separate magicbands and enter the park multiple times, so that one person has multiple accounts. Which would be difficult if you have to show ID and so forth for the tickets. I don't know if people buying general tickets that aren't florida resident or DVC or something show ID.

Considering they have a fingerprint and take a picture of you... good luck re-entering in on multiple tickets!

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Considering they have a fingerprint and take a picture of you... good luck re-entering in on multiple tickets!
61+8gqCAkSL._UL1500_.jpg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster

The Change Party feature has been replaced with Add a Guest.

CaptainAmerica

The check doesn't work in that direction. It validates that a given ticket is only being used by one person. It doesn't validate that a given person is only using one ticket.

Honestly, if someone is literally buying double tickets, go ahead and get double FP+.

CaptainAmerica

The Change Party feature was removed on the latest iOS and Android updates to the My Disney Experience App.

The Change Party feature has been replaced with Add a Guest.
This is a tremendous disservice to people who travel with children who are either under the height requirement for certain things or otherwise just chicken out / don't want to ride things that the rest of the group has FastPasses for.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
This is a tremendous disservice to people who travel with children who are either under the height requirement for certain things or otherwise just chicken out / don't want to ride things that the rest of the group has FastPasses for.
I disagree. I think it's just as valid as the concept of "one person, one vote"...

CaptainAmerica

I disagree. I think it's just as valid as the concept of "one person, one vote"...
Except it's not. My 39" daughter is effectively disenfranchised, to continue your analogy.

Also, "one person, one vote" is a horrid system of government, which is why exactly no government in the world operates that way.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Except it's not. My 39" daughter is effectively disenfranchised, to continue your analogy.

How is she disenfranchised? She's too short to ride, so she can't ride. It's for her safety. Too bad she can't use the FP+ for RnRC. Let her use it on TSMM.

Meanwhile, you get to use your FP+ wherever you want. You just can't use her FP+ to abuse the system and get an extra short line you're not normally entitled to.
Also, "one person, one vote" is a horrid system of government, which is why exactly no government in the world operates that way.
And "one person, one vote" is the law of the land. Regardless of what system it's used in, to elect people to office directly or as representatives, it's still "one person, one vote" at the ballot box.

It's all part of what we call "playing fair." And if enforced, it helps prevent election fraud FP+ abuse.

CaptainAmerica

How is she disenfranchised? She's too short to ride, so she can't ride. It's for her safety. Too bad she can't use the FP+ for RnRC. Let her use it on TSMM.

Meanwhile, you get to use your FP+ wherever you want. You just can't use her FP+ to abuse the system and get an extra short line you're not normally entitled to.

And "one person, one vote" is the law of the land. Regardless of what system it's used in, to elect people to office directly or as representatives, it's still "one person, one vote" at the ballot box.

It's all part of what we call "playing fair." And if enforced, it helps prevent election fraud FP+ abuse.
The issue for a 39" person isn't RNRC, it's Big Thunder, Soarin, and the other 40" rides. 60 days in advance, you don't know exactly how tall your kid is going to be. So I book seven Fastpasses for Soarin', hoping my whole family will be able to ride. 60 days in advance is an eternity when it comes to a child's growth, and I can't yell you with 100% certainty whether my child will be tall enough in June. Depends on how much she grows, what sneakers she wears, whether she'll cooperate at the height stick, and how the cast member is feeling that day. If she's not allowed to enter, that Fastpass is now lost.

Lets Respect

The issue for a 39" person isn't RNRC, it's Big Thunder, Soarin, and the other 40" rides. 60 days in advance, you don't know exactly how tall your kid is going to be. So I book seven Fastpasses for Soarin', hoping my whole family will be able to ride. 60 days in advance is an eternity when it comes to a child's growth, and I can't yell you with 100% certainty whether my child will be tall enough in June. Depends on how much she grows, what sneakers she wears, whether she'll cooperate at the height stick, and how the cast member is feeling that day. If she's not allowed to enter, that Fastpass is now lost.

The functionality still exists, it's just not available to every user. If you ask at your hotel, I'm sure they can switch it for you.

Sonconato

I guess I'm a little confused. If she couldn't go on that ride, she would still be able to "Change the Experience" to a different ride that she could go on. The option to "Change Party" not being available wouldn't benefit her anyway. That was to allow, for instance, you to take her place, instead of her, on that ride she wasn't allowed to go on.

matt9112

buy shoes or go to universal they legit let my son on everything (he was close but still under stick) never got checked once. Disney is like the height nazis. I have literally seen a child get admitted (on PW) to go back later in the day and get told there not talk enough. (in this case the child touched the stick but just barely) I might catch flak here but close enough i think is ok if its not riding alone and good parenting is still a thing. my son was too short for gringotts yet there he was riding it and guess what? my arm was across him the entire time because I'm not a jambronee.

edit: also have had my son be tall enough at check number one but not number two or attraction one but not attraction two eith the same height requirement. really gets your blood boiling TBH.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom