WDW to Clearwater Beach

Y-Guy

Original Poster
After four wonderful days at WDW my wife and I are going to get a rental car and drive to Clearwater Beach FL for a conference. We're staying at the Swan and I've already booked a car from Alamo at the Dolphin. We've got the whole day to get between WDW & Clearwater Beach, drop off the rental at St. Pete–Clearwater International Airport then Uber to the hotel.

I'm wondering if there is any stops or suggestions anyone has as we drive that direction?

It looks like we're best to take I-4, though one route has me going to I-4 via World Drive and another via a toll road on Hwy 429 - any input?

Any advice & thoughts are more then welcome.

21stamps

After four wonderful days at WDW my wife and I are going to get a rental car and drive to Clearwater Beach FL for a conference. We're staying at the Swan and I've already booked a car from Alamo at the Dolphin. We've got the whole day to get between WDW & Clearwater Beach, drop off the rental at St. Pete–Clearwater International Airport then Uber to the hotel.

I'm wondering if there is any stops or suggestions anyone has as we drive that direction?

It looks like we're best to take I-4, though one route has me going to I-4 via World Drive and another via a toll road on Hwy 429 - any input?

Any advice & thoughts are more then welcome.

It’s a short drive.. don’t stop...just spend the time in Tampa or Clearwater. Or Orlando. :)

Rob562

Just take World Drive south until you hit I-4. No need to go around to the western beltway toll road from the Swolphin.

-Rob

Y-Guy

Original Poster
Thank Rob, didn't make sense unless traffic was horrible but it doesn't look to be that long of a drive - it's been around 17 years since I drove that area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom