WDW Tickets on eBay

imajoseph

Hi there

I am about to purchase my WDW MYW passes and have decided that online are the best prices, i have visited ticketmania, mapleleaftickets and discountorlandovacations and these are all around the same price, but looking on eBay the prices are way cheaper if you track the items (unused tickets), i was wondering if anybody has purchased their tickets through eBay and has had any problems, the sellers i have mailed assured me they are legit original unused tickets.

I have seen (2) 2 day hopper passes plus bonus go for around $217, way cheaper than the webistes above.

Just need reassurance that i wont be getting ripped off with unusable tickets

Thanks

nyfrenchy

My parents had 5 days hopper tickets they purchased in 1995.

Back in 95, those were low tech punch card ticket (no magnetic strip) but however they had my parents mug shot and name printed on them. That did not prevent me at all to have them exchanged for newer tickets at City Hall, no questions asked whatsoever.

So that made me wonder about this "not transferable" policy....

I let my sister in law use them and I later sold them on Ebay (last January) and made a happy buyer: he got a 2 days hopper for $94!

That being said, now that biometrics are applied to all tickets, I would not take that risk today to save a few bucks.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

mousermerf said:
They are not legit. Re-selling unused days of a theme park ticket is illegal.

There is no way to verify the tickets do indeed have any days left on them and Disney has biometric scanning in place at the parks to prevent tickets from being used by multiple parties. Tickets are nontransferable.

I stand behind mousemerf.

Maple Leaf and Ticketmania are authorized wholesale vendors of Walt Disney World Ticket media.

E-bay = buyer beware. There is no way to verify if the tickets being sold are used or unused until you physically bring the tickets in person to Guest Relations at a Walt Disney World Theme Park.

If it sounds to good to be true...

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

imajoseph said:
Just need reassurance that i wont be getting ripped off with unusable tickets
If you have doubts about them being genuine then the alarm bells should be ringing
Don't touch them get your tickets from a reputable source

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

Hey any of you out there that think it's a good idea to buy WDW tickets on eBay:

I've got some great land on the moon I'd like to sell you. Great locations at bargain prices!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom