WDW the week before christmas

jeffk410

I have only ever been to WDW on christmas and after. How busy is the week before christmas like the 18th-23rd? Also how are the swans decorations if anyone know. Thanks.

DisneyChristian

The 18th - 23rd of Christmas this year will be pretty busy. Most schools Christmas Break will start on the 18th. The 18th will probably be less busy (as people are just arriving or waiting to leave on the 19th) but as you continue to advance toward the 25th it will get busier and busier.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

I've gone that 3rd full week (Sunday-Friday) in December the past 2 years. Crowds weren't really too bad - long wait time for Soarin' and Toy Story, but never had to wait more than 15 minutes for anything else. We even were upgraded to a MK tower view room from a Garden. However, while leaving the MK around noon on that last Friday, the crowds were just rolling in in waves. Made me glad I was going home. Moving up to the 2nd week this year - I'll see how it compares.

Can't help you on the Swan's decorations, but make sure you check out the Grand Floridian.

Upvote 0

jeffk410

Original Poster
Yeah sounds good to me. I have seen xmas decorations before, but never the swan and was debating staying there. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

DizMagic

My family always goes that week. We arrive the 18th check out the 24th. As people said it gets more and more crowded as the week goes on but the only days I would say are really busy are the 23 and 24th. I'm not sure about the Swan/Dolphin but you are at least close to the Boardwalk/YaughtBeach Club which I know are both decorated beautifully.

Upvote 0
This will be the second year my family and I are going in December. We go the week before that, this year thats the 13th - 18th. We love it this week. It really isn't crowded and you still get all the Christmas stuff, plus it is one of the lowest cost weeks of the year to go!

Upvote 0

mickey7879

This will be the second year my family and I are going in December. We go the week before that, this year thats the 13th - 18th. We love it this week. It really isn't crowded and you still get all the Christmas stuff, plus it is one of the lowest cost weeks of the year to go!

We've been this week also and it hasn't been that bad, but stayed a few days longer before and it was so crowded. Wish we would've left earlier! :hammer:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom