WDW Souvenirs You Want or Collect

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
Are any of you on any kind of mission to get a certain souvenir (or collection of them) from WDW? I was thinking about it and it might be an interesting hobby to get into, like collecting a resort-named coffee mug from each one, or a resort-named shirt (not just to have, but one you'd wear). I'm not crazy about some of the designed mugs or shirts, so I'd be particular about which ones I'd get.

When I was younger, it was my life's mission (for whatever reason) to buy a t-shirt from each park. (This was long before AK came into being.) I wore those shirts as often as I could until either I outgrew them or they got ruined somehow.

kfergdisney

I tend to buy SEVERAL key chains everytime I am at Disney. My goal next time I am at WDW is to buy something from each of the Deluxe Resorts. Something that might be exclusive just to that resort.

Also, I will buy each park mug that they have at Starbucks. They still have those, right?

D

dixielandings

I'm trying to collect park maps from as many years and as many parks as possible. Right now, I'm focusing on EPCOT Center and MGM as those are my two personal favorite parks (and there's less years to collect)

DManRightHere

I get the star wars weekends souvineir mugs (the ones you buy a drink at a cart and you get the mug). I had to order mine on ebay this year. :arghh:

JIMINYCR

My Disney room and other areas of my home are Disneyfied. We look first to buy anything with Jiminy Cricket. Then I collect all sorts of trading pins, ( Not particular about type, I have books full of everything), mugs, keys, license plates, figurines. This trip I'm interested in checking out the HM stuff in the Memento Mori shop, grab a new Disney baseball cap, Starbucks mugs, a collectable figurine at Art of Disney, and I'm sure those wont be the only things I walk away with. The Disney savings is growing every day.... 125 days to go.

sheriffwoody

We bought a few Star Wars Vinylmations on our first two trips, but couldn't find any our last trip. So I've gotten a couple on ebay, and I'll probably just get one every now and then to add to our collection. That's all for us though! Not big collectors.

Cmdr_Crimson

I have these amazing Mascot figures they sold a year ago and was hoping they were going to make more versions...Sadly tho they only did the Fab Five...
DSC02419_zpstaamwyz3.jpg

Kate Alan

I have a general pin collection that has a number of Disney pins I've collected over the years. I also look for anything Haunted Mansion related.

One thing I pick up every chance I get both online and in the parks are the various Mickey plushies. I gifted one to my grandmother a few years ago and it's become a tradition - she's got one for all the major holidays and I find random occasions to give her other themed ones. In fact yesterday I gave her the Summer Fun Mickey in his beach gear & flip flops. She has a bookcase full and picks one or two to put on her bed each day "so they all get a turn". :)

sophie_the_pooh

Plush toys. I get one on every trip, since I was 5 years old. I have Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, many Poohs (Christmas Pooh, Pooh as a bee, Pooh as an aventurer, Paris Pooh...), Kanga and Roo, Tigger, Piglet, a couple of Eeyores... I'm hoping to get a Halloween plush this year as we will be attending MNSSHP!:)

polynesiangirl

When I was a teenager I got key chains from every place we stayed and put them on my luggage and backpack (yes, I was super cool, why do you ask?) ;) Sadly many of them were pretty crummy quality and fell off/apart over time.

These days we collect magnets from places we travel to, not just Disney-specific.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom