WDW sign fell down on I-4

goofntink

Actually the sign was being prepped for removal and they got a little too overzealous. This caused the support post to shift and become unstable,and forced the removal of the entire assembly.

Epcotrob

Disney had nothing to do with the sign. It just happend to be a sign with the disney exits on it. I feel for the people who were re routed around the sign. Traffic in that area already is bad.

RiversideBunny

This will show up years from now in a Disney trivia contest-

How much did the I-4 Disney sign weigh?

Answer:

"Interstate 4 at Osceola Parkway remains shut down in both directions near Walt Disney World as crews work to lower a 40-ton sign and move it to the roadside."

:)

goofntink

Disney should be more careful with their road signs... :lookaroun

:rolleyes:

Actually it was the old State DOT signs and gantry on I-4 west bound before 192 exit. The company doing the road construction for the new 192 interchange that just opened, was prepping it for removal overnite tonight.They took off to many of the nuts anchoring the one support post to the ground, and the whole thing started to lean over. The hooked the crane up to it but DOT said no way take it down. To much of a risk for falling onto I-4 and traffic.

Baums101

Witnesses say that they saw a man wearing a spiderman suit and universal shirt at the scene with necessary parts that hold up the sign.

brkgnews

Disney will now be offering two types of road-signs... orange, or more-crushing signs, will spin and tilt during the deinstallation process. green, or less-crushing signs, will tilt, but will not spin. If you are unsure which signs to follow, we strongly suggest you follow the green, or less-crushing signs, or proceed directly to the exit to participate in road sign training.

:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom