WDW Segway tours

harryk

We took the Segway tour (off road type) at Fort Wilderness, December 2008 and had a grand time. The guides were exceptional and very patient with all of us. (There were 8 in our group). This year we note that there are now 2 tours offered at EPCOT. One uses the regular Segways that we see security using and other cast members and the other uses the off road style. Has anybody been on these tours and what feedback are you willing provide? I am looking into taking one of these this December. :xmas::xmas:

H20Babie

I absolutely loved the Around the World Epcot Segway Tour (the 2 hour tour). You start with the basic how to ride, and do some pylon, incline and decline drills, and then you follow your guide to World Showcase. You stop at a few of the countries and get some tidbits and history that you might otherwise not get. You stop for pictures and get to go into the countries on your Segway. I took an early morning tour, so World Showcase was ours, and ours alone :) Highly recommend it!

Upvote 0

Runtinkrun

We took the Segway tour (off road type) at Fort Wilderness, December 2008 and had a grand time. The guides were exceptional and very patient with all of us. (There were 8 in our group). This year we note that there are now 2 tours offered at EPCOT. One uses the regular Segways that we see security using and other cast members and the other uses the off road style. Has anybody been on these tours and what feedback are you willing provide? I am looking into taking one of these this December. :xmas::xmas:

I'm surprising my boyfriend when we go in January by doing the Fort Wilderness tour! I'm really excited, are there opportunities to take pictures anytime during this one as well? I'm sure he'd love a photo of him on his segway

Upvote 0

harryk

Original Poster
I'm surprising my boyfriend when we go in January by doing the Fort Wilderness tour! I'm really excited, are there opportunities to take pictures anytime during this one as well? I'm sure he'd love a photo of him on his segway
We stopped for pics along the shore of Bay Lake looking back toward the Contemporary Resort and Bay Lake Towers. Was a beautiful, clear, cold day.

Upvote 0

chucklehead31

runtinkrun just make sure you check out the weight limit i think its 250lbs, i wish i could ride it. im 6foot 6 and 310lbs. sometimes it not good to be a big person. like trying to buy pants go look for a 44 waist 38 leg its almost impossible:brick:

Upvote 0

sleepybear

The off-road Segway tour sounds pretty cool. But we already booked the Segway Around the World tour for our upcoming trip. (Which we've done before. It's that awesome!) Maybe we'll do the off-road on our next trip.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I have done the EPCOT tour

So nice I did it twice :)

It's a load of fun, and you get plenty of time to ride the Segways as well.

Your legs get suprisingly tired on them.

-dave

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom