WDW Security vs. Universal

JIMINYCR

When we go I walk through the scanners but DW who is in a power W/C is pulled aside and the various bags on her W/C get looked through and she gets wanded. She has a backpack and several bags attached to her chair that carry personal items she needs. After a few times if we get the same security guys they recognize her and the search isn’t as invasive.

JIMINYCR

They rummaged through our son's diaper bag last week and found nothing, nor told us what caused the alarm.

Thanks?
Maybe just spot checking occasional guests randomly? When I was at DL last year I walked through the scanner, was cleared to go. But I had a pocket that was bulging out slightly because I had crammed a large amount of licorice in my pocket. Nothing had set off an alert but the security made me empty my pocket to see if it was a wallet or something else. He laughed because he said he had never seen that before. I said it makes a great snack and doesn’t melt in the heat.

GigglesMcSnort

We were there for around a week recently. We were pulled aside only once for a bag check (not very friendly, to be honest), but other than that they just let us walk through with bags. The days of checking every bag by hand are long gone, and getting into the parks was a lot faster than I remember from previous visits, so I assume the scanners are much better now than they used to be.

TrainsOfDisney

The days of checking every bag by hand are long gone, and getting into the parks was a lot faster than I remember from previous visits, so I assume the scanners are much better now than they used to be.
WDW uses the new evolv scanners - it’s debatable how accurate they are but they are looking not only for metal but also the shapes which is why umbrellas are often an issue.

jloucks

I think drones being so super cheap, kinda negate park security. Anybody, for $300, can fly you in whatever little weapon you want.

...but I get it, they are trying to address casual gang shenanigans and drunk people skirmishes and not so much professional terrorists.

My bag check incident...
Bag Shenanigans

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom