Wdw Sars

troberts1

Original Poster
Did I hear the news right about SARS at WDW? I dont want to start a panic but I caught part of it and wasnt sure if I heard what I thought.

mattravels

Say it aint SO!

AHHHHH!!! This is bad. We're going to WDW a week from Monday. If they really did find it there will they shut down the parks and resorts? Will they refund us?:cry: :cry: :cry:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
There was no mention of SARS at WDW on the Orlando 11pm news. I figure they'd be all over it if it was true.

I think we're safe.....for now :drevil:.

wizard12

That's scary. I'm going in a month also. I doubt it though. You'd have many people from Orlando and the Florida area talking about it. It would also be in newspapers. I doubt it, but I really hope not.

Eljay

The best defense is GOOD handwashing, with hot water & soap. Keep your hands away from your eyes, nose & mouth, carry Purell or anti-bacterial wipes. This should be general practice to avoid illness.

Frank4669

CNN reported today that Disney sent to SEC their concerns that the outbreak of SARS could negatively affect theme park attendence. For now this appears to be a financial concern on this filing. Hope that is all it is, but why bring this up? Hmmmm.

mattravels

Hmmmm...this is all SCARY! I might have to be more cautios while I'm there next week? Any signs that someone could tell me to look for?:(

troberts1

Original Poster
Frank,the reason to bring it up is because myself I dont worry about but I have kids and as much as I like WDW,I dont want to chance something with them.like I said,I only caught part of it and wasnt sure what I heard.we are going next month and Im interested in what is happening.remember I dont want a panic,most likely there is nothing to it.

Frank4669

"Frank,the reason to bring it up is because myself I dont worry about but I have kids and as much as I like WDW,I dont want to chance something with them.like I said,I only caught part of it and wasnt sure what I heard.we are going next month and Im interested in what is happening.remember I dont want a panic,most likely there is nothing to it."

And you should bring it up, I agree. I am going in 8 days with our three children and certainly made sure I stayed in front of the TV for that report. It could be that this is something that WDW just has to report to the SEC. Good luck and have a great trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom