WDW Rumor Tracker, Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Door Coaster

Well.

Updated Map:

D23 brought us.....

Goodbye Enchantment! Something new reusing the HEA anthem coming 2023, possibly updated HEA! Wow!
Tron opens Spring 2023. Ouch.
A new Figment meet-and-greet.
Goodbye Harmonious! New show coming late 2023!
Moana water walkway opening late 2023!
There was some new DLR Tiana details, that will likely apply to MK too
OMG! Dinoland replacement! Looks like they're cramming both Moana and Zootopia in! (Close to greenlight according to ToTBellhop)
Holy heck! A massive MK expansion behind Big Thunder! Goodbye, Rivers and Sawyer. Looks like the new expansion will bring Coco, Encanto and the Disney Villains! (Blue sky)

Door Coaster

Random Odds 'n Ends (take all these with a grain of salt):
Magic Kingdom
  • It looks like January '23 is Splash's expiration date, and the refurb opens about 18 months later (so July 2024) [here] and [here] and another backing up of the Jan 23 closure date [here]
  • New fireworks show will likely be basically HEA until "Out There", major changes for at least a good chunk of the show after that point [here]
  • It was also described as HEA with some updates. Disney's Enchantment was meant to be the permanent show but was too terrible [here]
  • Once Upon a Time might return but certainly not a guarantee [here]
  • TRON opening Spring 2023 was a marketing decision that had nothing to do with when it could be finished [here]
  • December 2022 or January 2023 for the WDWRR, definitely reopening before Tron [here]
    • And now: Before Christmas [here]
Beyond Big Thunder:
  • Very very blue sky [here]
  • Maybe details at Destination D23 next fall [here]
  • If it happens, expect opening in phases within the 2025-2030 window [here]
  • A combination of the previously proposed Frontierland Connector plan [here] and the plan prior to that [here]
  • Bridging the river and ending river traffic was a previous suggestion, but unknown if that's still happening [here]
  • TSI and ROA will be reduced. [here]. A "bit more" of a reduction than DL's ROA shortening - everything north of Fort Langhorn is getting turfed. [here] with [here] as a rough approximation of the reduction
  • Coco expansion sees the FoP tech Orlando clone that was previously rumored and Encanto is either a walkthrough or something like Mystic Manor 2.0. [here]
  • If built a "creepy porthole" would be the connector between "Latinx Land" (Coco/Encanto) and Villains Land [here]
  • Out of the five concepts (Moana, Zootopia, Coco, Encanto, Villains), Villains Land is the most blue sky [here]
  • The closure of Splash could mean an opportunity to set up the future connector to "Latinx Land" [here]

EPCOT
  • Moana and the Spine open sometime in 2023
  • The barges will not survive the retirement of Harmonious and will be removed next spring [here]
  • Harmonious was intended to last at least 15 years [here]
  • Lake bed issues are why the Harmonious barge wasn't centered [here]
  • Epcot Forever might be returning between Harmonious' end and the new show's debut [here]
  • "The Other Site" is saying that PLAY is cancelled [here]
    • and it most likely has not been cancelled, but might be delayed into 2024 [here]
  • EPCOT spine revamp originally included an actual attraction that was axed for Moana [here] and said attraction was a theater [here]

Hollywood Studios
  • Pre-pandemic, Marni hinted that a phase 3 - as in a new land, not the individual attractions phase 3 mentioned in the tracker - was a possibility [here]
  • Fantasmic's reopening date has slipped into November, but still before Thanksgiving [here]
    • A November reopening was confirmed in Disney Parks Blog. IIRC an actual concrete date was also provided, and it was definitely before November 10 (was it November 6?), but I can't quite remember what it was.

Animal Kingdom
  • Everything but Dinoland: Sorry, I've looked but I haven't found any recent insider posts about rumored stuff like Pandora Phase 2 or the Northern Project. The only project here I've read any buzz about, for good reason, is what's happening in Dinoland.
Zooana
  • Much less blue sky than Beyond Big Thunder, likely to have full details announced at Destination D23 next fall [here]
  • Either is very close to or already has the greenlight [here] and [here]
  • Disney is very committed to making at least Moana happen [here]
  • Two phases. One is Moana, replacing Dinorama and heavily overhauling Triceratop Spin (only the internal mechanics will stay) [here] while bringing in a new log flume to replace Primeval Whirl. Zootopia is phase two and will replace Dinosaur. [here] and [here]
  • Moana (Phase 1) opens 2025-2026 [here], Zootopia (phase 2) if it happens opens in 2027 [here]
  • Moana will include some (not a lot) animals [here]
  • Zootopia if it happens may focus more on the biomes surrounding the city rather than the city itself [here]
  • Some of the existing Dinoland buildings would be reused for Moana but most would just get razed [here]
  • The basis for retheming Dinosaur is that it is underperforming for the park [here]
  • Zootopia would reuse Dinosaur's ride system but "turn the lights on" [here]
  • Might have contributed to Joe Rohde's resignation [here]

Resorts
  • Once the road is moved, a new deluxe resort goes up not far from GF [here]. This or something similar was corroborated by Marni. [here]
  • The pirate rooms at CBR are going to be replaced by a general underwater theme [here]
  • There's a possibility that Contemporary is expanding - it was described as about the same scale as BLT if it happens [here] and would, if this post isn't just sarcasm that flew over my head, likely include another tower replacing the South Garden Wing [here]
  • Convention centers at all hotels are in danger [here]
  • At one point a DVC resort was proposed to go near the MK auto center [here]

Last edited:

Mr. Tux

Random Odds 'n Ends (take all these with a grain of salt):

Beyond Big Thunder:
Very very blue sky [here]
Maybe details at Destination D23 next fall [here]
If it happens, expect opening in phases within the 2025-2030 window [here]

Animal Kingdom
Zooana
Just wanted to know what the word on the street was about these projects? And what's the deal about a phase 3 for DHS?:
Hollywood Studios
Pre-pandemic, Marni hinted that a phase 3 - as in a new land, not the individual attractions phase 3 mentioned in the tracker - was a possibility [here]

Door Coaster

Just wanted to know what the word on the street was about these projects? And what's the deal about a phase 3 for DHS?:
So basically many years ago there was apparently not only a phase 3, but a phase 4 as well (most recently 3 was Cars and 4 was Indy). 3 and 4 went when SWGE got moved and Phase 3 became the term for smaller additions like the Mickey ride. However in February 2020 Marni stated a proper phase 3 might be going down the tubes.

Mr. Tux

So basically many years ago there was apparently not only a phase 3, but a phase 4 as well (most recently 3 was Cars and 4 was Indy). 3 and 4 went when SWGE got moved and Phase 3 became the term for smaller additions like the Mickey ride. However in February 2020 Marni stated a proper phase 3 might be going down the tubes.
Could the blue sky MK expansions still happen in some form?

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

correcaminos

I dont know where you get the idea I have any interest in “generating interest”. I had no idea I had any followers. 😁 I just like to follow and discuss WDW news and chat to other people. 🤷‍♀️
I didn't know we could follow people anyway or I would follow you.

Maybe some follow for more entertainment purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom