News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'll be staying offsite if this is true from now on. Staying directly at a Disney resort comes with a few benefits.. But taking away any one of those benefits offered (especially when it comes to price) is NOT worth it for me. It's supposed to be a perk/convenience for the guest not to worry about.

kong1802

It would be interesting to see if they gave AP's free parking or not.

Hopefully they don't tack on this fee. They already are at the top of price range as is.

I guess why not get that extra $25/night? They are a business after all (sarcasm).

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I'll be staying offsite if this is true from now on. Staying directly at a Disney resort comes with a few benefits.. But taking away any one of those benefits offered (especially when it comes to price) is NOT worth it for me. It's supposed to be a perk/convenience for the guest not to worry about.
Not much for you to worry about, you'll just get charged more :p

Bartledvd

This is going to hurt some familes who are stretched to make the trip work financially as it is. It will never effect me as i would never get a car on holiday i want the freedom to have a drink or not without putting myself or others at risk,Plus i need to get the latest info from the bus drivers ;)

njDizFan

I hope they at least make it one price per day kind of thing. I usually schedule 1 day for resort hopping, catching a few meals or drinks or shopping around property. If I would have to pay for each resort visited that would really discourage this behavior.

So spend $300 at Poly for SoA and then I still have to shell out $10-20 to park?
Go out at night to have some Ice Cream on the Boardwalk another $10-20?

Looks like Uber may make more sense.

disnyfan89

Pay at the resort, free at the parks.

Sounds to me like they are trying to stop the abuse of APs/Day Guests parking at the resorts around MK and Epcot and then heading into the parks to avoid the main parking lots. I think a reasonable accommodation would be to "include" your parking in the price of your Vacation Package and only charge guest if you do not have a reservation at the resort you are trying to park at.

mikenatcity1

I can't find how much the estimate is per night so thoughts will change....

But if it's the same price as the parks, I see this being the exact same as Disneyland- if you don't have the AP that gives free parking (at least for the parks) or are not using DVC points on a room, there is a nightly charge to park at the hotels...

splash327

Sounds to me like they are trying to stop the abuse of APs/Day Guests parking at the resorts around MK and Epcot and then heading into the parks to avoid the main parking lots. I think a reasonable accommodation would be to "include" your parking in the price of your Vacation Package and only charge guest if you do not have a reservation at the resort you are trying to park at.

APs get free parking at the parks, so they wouldn't have to park at a resort to get free parking. It'll be interesting to see if they give APs free parking at the resorts as well since they have been encouraging them with discounts to eat at the resorts.

kong1802

Don't they ask for a hotel or dining reservations now for parking?

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I have a conference upcoming at the Hilton Bonnet Creek (next to CBR) and they charge guests $27.00 per day to park. So it's not uncommon for the area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom