News WDW Resorts to add fees for parking

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
That would add $300 to our stay. I wonder if ap holders will continue to get free parking or package stays will include this.
AP holder perk is technically free parking at the parks just like the resort guests get free parking at parks too but not at resorts (being they don't charge yet) so I doubt this would change anything for AP's concerning parking free at the parks. :)

deeevo

I assume this is for folks visiting the resorts and not staying at them correct? Cause if they are charging your car while you are staying at the resort that is absurd and going to KILL the ap crowd from staying so fast.
Yup, I am staying a night at FQ Saturday and I booked it Monday. I would not stay if they added another $50 considering I am a 50 min drive away.

Jon81uk

Charging for parking could end up being the thing that finally pushes me to stay off-site. We stayed for 14 nights, with a car for six days so that could add $180 (£140) to our stay, thats almost what we pay for the car hire itself! If they keep the hotel price the same but add parking charges then I'm more likely to go for a cheaper hotel.

Other option of course is to use Uber to get to Universal/SeaWorld/Busch Gardens and for shopping. But a car was very convenient.

Nemo14

Not all hotels on Disney property are resorts. They can't possibility charge a resort fee for Pop and All-Star. It's not a resort! Hell you get get those rooms for $80 a night during off peak months. Then they are going to tack on a $20 a night fee (industry standard) and a $30 a day to parking? That sounds a little extreme even for Disney.
Maybe they'll add the luxury of having a coffee pot in your room then.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Just raise the damn ticket price if ya need to make more money. This nickel and diming business is for the birds.

It's just like bag fees on an airline. Just charge more for the stinking seat.

At least the airlines have a valid excuse: competition drove them to it keep the fare low.

A Disney vacation is not exactly in competition with much else...

Invalid comp. Not everyone needs checked luggage. It's one thing that makes a bit of sense to separate out.

Resort fees are a con. A con that we have let hospitality companies inflict on us. I usually don't encourage foot stamping, but for this....We should all be calling the resorts and writing letters to WDW leadership. This is a joke.

Creathir

Invalid comp. Not everyone needs checked luggage. It's one thing that makes a bit of sense to separate out.

Resort fees are a con. A con that we have let hospitality companies inflict on us. I usually don't encourage foot stamping, but for this....We should all be calling the resorts and writing letters to WDW leadership. This is a joke.

I agree that we should be calling and writing the resorts, but how is this not the same thing as baggage fees?

Not everyone needs/gets a car while at WDW, so that makes parking fees okay?

This is 100% the same thing. This is Disney not wanting to raise rates, hotel rates in this case, to cover the costs of rising expenses. So instead they'll advertise $80/night vacations, and in reality you'll be paying $130/night.

All so you can have the pleasure of riding a smelly bus with the rest of the masses from your Hampton Inn quality room. (Minus the free breakfast of course)

Not sure who is running the show over there, but if this is accurate, they should be let go.

The better thing to do. The honest thing to do. Is to just raise the rate. Don't try to play people for suckers. All this does is damages the brand.

matt9112

Oh, the horror of it all. I just hate having to pay money for things on my luxury vacation. Seriously, I could have sworn that Disney already charged resort fees.

I don't see the big deal and the other resorts do this for a reason. So, why not Disney?

You do know disneys resorts lag far behind those other resorts right? The product is already overpriced and stale because it says disney on it. If the disney resorts where world class I would whole heartedly agree. However they are not. Resort room quality is like a 50 dollar room outside the bubble. I pay 100 a night at anywhere off property and im in a better room.

Seanual757

I think would also be a great argument for selling DVC. At DL and Aulani, DVC members staying on points don't pay for parking. I see no way how they would justify charging DVC members parking and resort fees at WDW considering that they pay for the use of amenities and their upkeep through their annual dues. So, the "savings" for DVC members will be even better.

Really want to know how they are going to work this out with the DVC resorts since we are points based and already pay annual dues for our home resorts.

matt9112

Really want to know how they are going to work this out with the DVC resorts since we are points based and already pay annual dues for our home resorts.

I would Hazzard to guess AP holders and DVC holders will have some kind of "perk" for free parking at resorts. It's something else they can advertise. But than again DVC holders are clearly financially able to pay the fees and locked into the sale soooo maybe not?

Seanual757

Parking fees are a closer comp. I'll grant you that.

Resort fees are a con though. An actual old fashioned con job. It infuriates me.

Resort and parking fees are just as much BS as are the extra fees when flying. Fuel surcharge (Fuel price has been down 2 years in a row), and nothing has changed in the cabin aircraft except the passengers space has gotten smaller. Yet airlines are charging for a window seat, aisle seat, overhead space, ect...

It’s about a bean counter taking a page from the airlines the space it already paid for if we can get 1500 guests to pay $30 a day that’s an extra $45k a day in revenue for “dead space” that needs NO employees to service (no more than they already have in place) now take that $45k a day over a full 365 days a year those 1500 parking spaces just made that resort alone $16.4 million and over say 6 resorts $100 million annually in just parking fees. What does this mean for guests Not a darn thing, what does this mean for the top dogs @ Disney a larger Bonus.

Seanual757

DVC would have to be free, like Aulani, you're paying to maintain the lot in your dues. In fact if they charge DVC renters, they should have to kick it back to the condo lowering the dues

That is what I am thinking because I stay on average 19 days a year at DVC resorts (we are local so we park our car). If they charge $30 a day x 19 days a year is $570 a year and over my 50 year DVC contract comes out to $28500 in parking alone that is more than my contract at my 1 resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom