WDW Resort Water Transportation

Jon_in_NC

I know this may be a broad question......but we're just wondering about different travel options in the resort. Does anyone have suggestions on some of the options for traveling around WDW by their water transportation services?

For example:

What parks or resorts are you able to travel to and from by boat?

Can you take a boat ride from the Magic Kingdom over to EPCOT?

EPCOT over to MGM Studios?

Wilderness Lodge to the Polynesian?

Just wondering on some different options other than the buses or Monorail that would give us some different views of the resort.

Wilderness Lodge and Others

Wilderness Lodge has a water taxi to and from the Magic Kingdom. I am not sure they go anywhere outside of the MK.

I have also read in other posts and on Disney literature that there is water transportation between the Boardwalk Inn and both Epcot and MGM. I am not sure what other resorts around the Boardwalk may also use this transportation method.

Upvote 0

Andy123

Hey Jon...

In the MK area...
Boats go from Wilderness Lodge & Ft. Wilderness (share a boat) to the Contemporary & Magic Kingdom. (different boats).
You can go from MK to the Polynesian, the Grand Floridian and the TTC by boat (Poly/GF is one boat, TTC are large ferrys)

Epcot/MGM area...
You can take a boat from Epcot (international gateway) to the Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach Club, Swan & Dolphin, and finally to MGM Studios, and vice-versa.

Downtown Disney...
To/From DTD from Port Orleans (Riverside & French Quarter)... I know you used to be able to do this, can anyone confirm?

There are also boats within Epcot that travel within World Showcase.

But, to answer you question, you can't take a boat from MK to Epcot, or AK, or MGM, etc...

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Originally posted by Andy123
Downtown Disney...
To/From DTD from Port Orleans (Riverside & French Quarter)... I know you used to be able to do this, can anyone confirm?
Yep, was running all through July and into August from both parts of the resort.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom