WDW Resort Channel Music Change

memethyst

Original Poster
so i just got back from disney, and the other day [i think it was on november 1st or 2nd] i was at caribbean beach and i noticed that they changed the music that plays on the channel with the park hours and weather and such.
i was wondering if anyone has a recording of it yet? with song titles. because i noticed there's a lot of songs that i actually don't recognize and i was wondering what they were from.

memethyst

Original Poster
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ahem. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ok, that's out of my system.

yeah i prefer the old one too

Cmdr_Crimson

so i just got back from disney, and the other day [i think it was on november 1st or 2nd] i was at caribbean beach and i noticed that they changed the music that plays on the channel with the park hours and weather and such.
i was wondering if anyone has a recording of it yet? with song titles. because i noticed there's a lot of songs that i actually don't recognize and i was wondering what they were from.

I assume your referring to WDW Today channel...Yes, I agree that the other loop was better...

The station changed in 2015....To this..

The thing that urked me tho is they ALSO did it to the YOUR Resort Channel...The one I like the most..

After....*Grumbles*

And to answer your Other question I found this on WDW's Reddit page that contained the list...
1 0:00 Something There (Beauty and the Beast)
2 2:14 Sorcerer’s Apprentice (Fantasia)
3 4:24 Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo (Cinderella)
4 5:55 Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee (Pinocchio)
5 7:46 March of the Toy Solders (??)
6 10:11 A Whole New World (Aladdin)
7 12:57 Once Upon a Dream (Sleeping Beauty)
8 16:08 Le Festin (Ratatouille)
9 19:07 Dance of the Hours (Fantasia)
10 22:20 Some Day My Prince Will Come (Snow White & the Seven Dwarves)
11 24:04 The Bells of Notre Dame (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
12 26:50 Carnival of the Animals (Fantasia)
13 29:15 Just a Spoon Full of Sugar (Mary Poppins)
14 31:53 Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy (Fantasia)
15 33:46 Little April Shower (Bambi)
16 35:44 Dance of the Reed Flutes (Fantasia)
17 38:16 For the First Time in Forever (Frozen)
18 41:57 When You Wish Upon a Star (Pinocchio)
19 44:30 Russian Dance (Fantasia)
20 45:40 Second Star to the Right (Peter Pan)
21 47:57 Married Life (Up)
22 49:50 You Can Fly (Peter Pan)
23 51:40 Waltz of the Flowers (Fantasia)
24 55:01 Let’s Go Fly a Kite (Mary Poppins)
25 57:37 Symphony #6, Pastoral, Op. 68 (Fantasia)
26 60:48 (repeats)

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I assume your referring to WDW Today channel...Yes, I agree that the other loop was better...

The station changed in 2015....To this..

The thing that urked me tho is they ALSO did it to the YOUR Resort Channel...The one I like the most..

After....*Grumbles*

And to answer your Other question I found this on WDW's Reddit page that contained the list...
1 0:00 Something There (Beauty and the Beast)
2 2:14 Sorcerer’s Apprentice (Fantasia)
3 4:24 Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo (Cinderella)
4 5:55 Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee (Pinocchio)
5 7:46 March of the Toy Solders (??)
6 10:11 A Whole New World (Aladdin)
7 12:57 Once Upon a Dream (Sleeping Beauty)
8 16:08 Le Festin (Ratatouille)
9 19:07 Dance of the Hours (Fantasia)
10 22:20 Some Day My Prince Will Come (Snow White & the Seven Dwarves)
11 24:04 The Bells of Notre Dame (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
12 26:50 Carnival of the Animals (Fantasia)
13 29:15 Just a Spoon Full of Sugar (Mary Poppins)
14 31:53 Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy (Fantasia)
15 33:46 Little April Shower (Bambi)
16 35:44 Dance of the Reed Flutes (Fantasia)
17 38:16 For the First Time in Forever (Frozen)
18 41:57 When You Wish Upon a Star (Pinocchio)
19 44:30 Russian Dance (Fantasia)
20 45:40 Second Star to the Right (Peter Pan)
21 47:57 Married Life (Up)
22 49:50 You Can Fly (Peter Pan)
23 51:40 Waltz of the Flowers (Fantasia)
24 55:01 Let’s Go Fly a Kite (Mary Poppins)
25 57:37 Symphony #6, Pastoral, Op. 68 (Fantasia)
26 60:48 (repeats)

I gather the OP is suggesting the music changed AGAIN? The loop you show as "new" has, as you say, been around for over 3 years. Is there a still newer loop that just started?

JS514

Here is the latest I can find. It seems to be the same as it has been for a couple of years. Maybe a couple of songs added, and possibly re-recorded? I honestly can't tell.

SeaCastle

MP3s of the old, midi-sounding loop are on Mousebits... I think there are only video copies of the new loop on there. I just realized that I haven't watched resort TV since Stacy was hosting Top 7!

memethyst

Original Poster
that's interesting... i was there last week at caribbean beach. the music was the same as it's been for a few years and then one of the days it changed completely. the new loop definitely has the old soarin music on it. it also has some hercules songs and some toy story songs and some enchanted songs. that's all i can remember. but there was this one song that i kept hearing every time i turned the tv on and i didn't recognize it. i think it might've been from brave because it sounded scottish or irish, but it didn't sound like the brave song.

surfsupdon

I was at AKL for WineDineHalf weekend.

The music has indeed changed. Same instrumental style, but brand new songs. I prefer the original collection compared to the current grouping.

Clamman73

In pop century now...it’s changed. It’s ok...prefer the old one.

Edit: I think I like the new one more...has Soarin and Electrical parade in it.

Last edited:

Sundown

How could I have forgotten to mention this? Yes! I agree memthyst and thanks for bringing it up. I was planning on asking about this change but completely forgot.

Yes, on Nov. 1st 2018 there was definitely a brand new music loop for the in-room Disney channel. I had heard the prior loop so much, that I noticed this new loop immediately. This isn't official confirmation of course, but in my opinion....yes, absolutely a new music loop effective Nov. 1, 2018. I was at the Pop Century when I noticed this.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

I was there for most of last week and the WDW info channel, #2 I believe, has the same music. I know because I mindlessly listen to the music in the early AM as I get ready for runDisney races...and sing along to those I know. Probably to the annoyance of the people in the rooms next door.

Clamman73

Ok yes...The WDW Today channel that has the Parks info for the day has new music, the Resort info channel has the old music still.

nelsonj3

Hey @nelsonj3, are you aware of this music loop change? And have you recorded it yet?

Per your old thread, I know you are a fan of the tv channel music loops:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/new-wdw-today-loop-information-channel.902221/
@nelsonj3 Any chance we can see a new upload anytime soon?

I haven't heard it myself yet. I'd like to get to the resorts to record this soon! I just need to either find time to stay myself or find a friend who is staying and doesn't mind me recording a bit. :)

I can't wait to hear it!

JS514

I spent the last week at Pop. It definitely is different. Didn't care too much at first, but it grew on me. Not as relaxing, but I would turn it on in the mornings to get me ready for the day!

Cmdr_Crimson

This might be it..It was just posted on youtube...Happy to hear that they put the original Soarin Score in it....Could use more Attraction Scores. Also, hearing the Decent music from Atlantis The Lost Empire...Very surprised by that one..

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom