WDW proposal

Porter

Original Poster
I am going to WDW in September. I plan on proposing to my gf there. She has warned me if i ever propose to her she doesn't want it to be infront of a lot of people. I dont know where the best spot for that would be. If anyone could help me i would really appreciate it.

bmarkelon

Maybe one of the monorail resort beaches? Grand Floridian is beautiful, Poly would be nice too. We stayed at Poly last summer and not many people were on the beach there, it's not like you can go in the water...eww!

Best wishes to you! You can't go wrong with a magical proposal in Disney, it will definitely be memorable.

DisneyDebNJ

I am going to WDW in September. I plan on proposing to my gf there. She has warned me if i ever propose to her she doesn't want it to be infront of a lot of people. I dont know where the best spot for that would be. If anyone could help me i would really appreciate it.
Firstly Congratulations!!! Secondly, the possibilities are endless at Disney!!! In each park, every resort, there are extremely romantic locations to *crown your princess*. (Ohhh another thought, get her a tiara!) What is her fav resort/park? A place that means something to the both of you? Magic Kingdom, #1 spot is in front of the castle, second thought would be during dinner at Cinderellas Royal Table. Why not do a romantic dinner in one of the wonderful restaurants Disney has to offer, let the Disney staff know ahead of time, and present her with the glass slipper? (I just got goose bumps!!!!) Or in front of her country of origin in Epcot, on the boat to your park of choice, on the beach at the Polynesian, watching wishes (where my now husband proposed to me) Anywhere you choose, will be magical, to say the least. My best wishes to you and your intended bride for a life time of pixie dust, memories and the best life has to offer!!!

Porter

Original Poster
Firstly Congratulations!!! Secondly, the possibilities are endless at Disney!!! In each park, every resort, there are extremely romantic locations to *crown your princess*. (Ohhh another thought, get her a tiara!) What is her fav resort/park? A place that means something to the both of you? Magic Kingdom, #1 spot is in front of the castle, second thought would be during dinner at Cinderellas Royal Table. Why not do a romantic dinner in one of the wonderful restaurants Disney has to offer, let the Disney staff know ahead of time, and present her with the glass slipper? (I just got goose bumps!!!!) Or in front of her country of origin in Epcot, on the boat to your park of choice, on the beach at the Polynesian, watching wishes (where my now husband proposed to me) Anywhere you choose, will be magical, to say the least. My best wishes to you and your intended bride for a life time of pixie dust, memories and the best life has to offer!!!
Thank you for the suggestions. We have dinner resv. at narcooses and I was thinking there on the beach but was not sure of the crowd.

Porter

Original Poster
Maybe one of the monorail resort beaches? Grand Floridian is beautiful, Poly would be nice too. We stayed at Poly last summer and not many people were on the beach there, it's not like you can go in the water...eww!

Best wishes to you! You can't go wrong with a magical proposal in Disney, it will definitely be memorable.
Thank you for the suggestions and the wishes. I sure hope whatever i do will be magical.

DisneyDebNJ

Thank you for the suggestions. We have dinner resv. at narcooses and I was thinking there on the beach but was not sure of the crowd.
Narcoossee's is an excellent choice!! Of course, its up to you, if you want to let the Disney staff in on your intentions. I am the same way your intended bride is, but let me tell you, the cheers, the hugs, pics, that we received on the Poly beach were so extra special to us both. My DH who isn't a Disney fan as much as I am, was deeply touched. Perhaps after dinner, stroll to the Poly beach, (which the Wishes music is piped in) and during "When You Wish Upon A Star" is played, get on bended knee!!!! (yep, there go those goose bumps again!!!!!) LOL

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. Congratulations.

In all honesty If I had to propose all over again I probably wouldn't do it......

.....Where I did it....(come on! I'm just joking)....
I would have done it at WDW.
and I would definitely have done our honeymoon there too!
It would make the visits we take now that much more special.

With that being said, where I would do it if I wanted to be alone but at Disney
would be on the TTA!
You're kind of in the middle of it all doing something very "Disney" but also kind of alone too.

Not super romantic in the convential way and it might be tough to get down on one knee ;)
but you could be sitting right across from her eyet to eye very intamate.
just a thought.

yensid67

PORTER,
IF MK is the fav park, one of the best spots I have heard about is the Rose Garden off to the right(between Castle and Tomorrowland, I think) I have heard alot of people choosing this location for the privacy, but yet still right in the middle of the magic. I think it is a pathway just off the main path going into Tomorrowland and winds its way back to Fantasyland. Someone can correct this if its wrong! Just and idea and suggestion, include Disney in the event if you can! They will make it more than magical for you and your princess! The tiara idea is pretty cool, you sound like a creative and imaginative guy, so you will figure out just the right thing to do! Good Luck and Congratulations! Please let us know what happened with pics and/or video!!!!!!

wiigirl

Congrats! The beach would be SO romantic...you might make sure you have a PLAN B and PLAN C just in case... :)

75.gif

bmarkelon

Narcoossee's is the perfect choice! Very romantic setting. Depending on how busy it is you could request a private table and let them know your big plan; so this could work during dinner. Depending on what time your reservation is you could hit the beach for the big proposal after dinner. It shouldn't be too busy until it's getting closer to time for Wishes. But I am sure she would not be upset with you if you chose to do it at dinner. Narcoossee's is a smallish restaurant and pretty quiet. You should call ahead and let them know your plan, they will be happy to work with you and I'm sure could even offer some suggestions to make everything perfect. You could even just ask her to step outside for a moment during, I remember a deck around the restaurant right on the water there. Sorry, I just rambled for a little bit....very exciting for you both!!

DisneyDebNJ

Dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. Congratulations.

In all honesty If I had to propose all over again I probably wouldn't do it......

.....Where I did it....(come on! I'm just joking)....
I would have done it at WDW.
and I would definitely have done our honeymoon there too!
It would make the visits we take now that much more special.

With that being said, where I would do it if I wanted to be alone but at Disney
would be on the TTA!
You're kind of in the middle of it all doing something very "Disney" but also kind of alone too.

Not super romantic in the convential way and it might be tough to get down on one knee ;)
but you could be sitting right across from her eyet to eye very intamate.
just a thought.
I hope Mrs. Shookie saw this post and pinched you ..... REAL hard LOL

DisneyDebNJ

LOL!! Do you know Tina? My God can that woman pinch! It's her freakin' thing. It's like a super power.
It feels like a freaking Bee sting.
Im on Tina's side on this one LOL and not only should she pinch you HARD, she should ban you from Beer, Margaritas and burgers during your next time at Disney .... that'll teach ya!!!!! LOLOL

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Im on Tina's side on this one LOL and not only should she pinch you HARD, she should ban you from Beer, Margaritas and burgers during your next time at Disney .... that'll teach ya!!!!! LOLOL
Wow...I just went into a cold sweat....I better keep her away from the computer....I don't want you giving her any CRAZY ideas!!! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom