WDW Picture of the Day (Signs from Around the World)

Sbk1234

That makes sense, but both are supposed to be very good. We actually haven't eat at either (French isn't at the top of our list). We always get pulled into Japan, Germany and Mexico anyway, lol.
We ate at France on our honeymoon nearly 26 years ago. I used to like Germany years ago, but I'm not too fond of the buffet. Where we live we have good Japanese and Mexican restaurants. I ate at San Angel Inn before, and although the atmosphere was incredible in front of the pyramid and volcano, and watching the boats go by, the food wasn't very authentic like we get at home. The other countries may not be authentic, either, but I don't know enough about it to realize. ;)

BoarderPhreak

We ate at France on our honeymoon nearly 26 years ago. I used to like Germany years ago, but I'm not too fond of the buffet. Where we live we have good Japanese and Mexican restaurants. I ate at San Angel Inn before, and although the atmosphere was incredible in front of the pyramid and volcano, and watching the boats go by, the food wasn't very authentic like we get at home. The other countries may not be authentic, either, but I don't know enough about it to realize. ;)
Oh nice! Set a rezzie for your 30th, then! I ate at Victoria & Albert's at GF in like, 1996... Are they still around or did they get shut down and replaced with that last go 'round? Pricey, but exquisite and would love to repeat that meal. We used to love Germany, but honestly, the last experience (or two?) was pretty negative. On the last one, we had some drunk dude harassing our table, ugh. Food not really up to snuff either, and generally "rushed." Probably not going back any time soon.

EDIT: Literally JUST saw the news: "Victoria & Albert’s will be reopening later this year at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Victoria & Albert’s has been closed since all of Walt Disney World Resort closed in March 2020. An exact opening date has not yet been announced."

Last edited:

Sbk1234

Oh nice! Set a rezzie for your 30th, then! I ate at Albert's at GF in like, 1996... Are they still around or did they get shut down and replaced with that last go 'round? Pricey, but exquisite and would love to repeat that meal. We used to love Germany, but honestly, the last experience (or two?) was pretty negative. On the last one, we had some drunk dude harassing our table, ugh. Food not really up to snuff either, and generally "rushed." Probably not going back any time soon.
I ate in Germany on a solo trip. I was seated with two families and that was really awkward for a while. Both families basically kept to themselves, so I was just there alone, twiddling my thumbs. Then one of the kids noticed me, and asked, "Mommy, who's that man?" After they noticed me they started talking to me and it ended up quite pleasant.

BoarderPhreak

I ate in Germany on a solo trip. I was seated with two families and that was really awkward for a while. Both families basically kept to themselves, so I was just there alone, twiddling my thumbs. Then one of the kids noticed me, and asked, "Mommy, who's that man?" After they noticed me they started talking to me and it ended up quite pleasant.
Hahaha, wow. That, at least, is authentic Münchener Wiesn (Oktoberfest table) style. Should've said, "Why I'm your uncle Bob!"

BoarderPhreak

L1007248,huge.1514987623.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom