WDW Photo of the Day Thread (Part 10)

1DisneyDad

ab80df0a-078a-4cb2-acf2-c119c96c0731_zps94bd1222.jpg

donsullivan

Premium Member
Great pic Don! Would love to know your settings: Mode, Shutter Speed, Fstop, Lens, etc. :)

Thank you.

Most any shot I post here are linked (just click on the photo) to the photo on Flickr which typically contains all the EXIF data of equipment and camera settings.

For this one:
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Canon Ef 16-35mm F/2.8L II USM
Bulb Mode with wired remote
ISO 100
f/18.0
4-stop ND Filter (I use a variable ND so I can dial in just what I want at any specific time)
16 second exposure

Last edited:

ciscobee

Thank you.

Most any shot I post here are linked (just click on the photo) to the photo on Flickr which typically contains all the EXIF data of equipment and camera settings.

For this one:
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Canon Ef 16-35mm F/2.8L II USM
Bulb Mode with wired remote
ISO 100
f/18.0
4-stop ND Filter (I use a variable ND so I can dial in just what I want at any specific time)
16 second exposure

Amazing stuff! Love that you are using a Canon. Bummed that I am not rocking the 5DIII with superior low light resolution! Do you have to ask permission to use a tripod or are they pretty cool with that at the security gate?

I just love how sharp these pics are on your site of the fireworks. Surprised someone hasn't approached you about shooting them for WDW publications or something. Great stuff. Keep it up!

donsullivan

Premium Member
Amazing stuff! ......Do you have to ask permission to use a tripod or are they pretty cool with that at the security gate?
........!
Thanks again.

I have never once had an issue using a tripod in any of the WDW theme parks or resorts. There have been a wide range of reports that they are not tolerated at DTD however- never been able to confirm why but too many reports of issues for it to be anecdotal any more.

All that is really needed is a little common sense and respect for others and not making a safety hazard of yourself. Just be sure not to block pathways or attraction, shop, restaurant entrances/exits, etc.. and you should be just fine. It's also a good idea to take basic defensive actions like one hand on the tripod in crowded areas like MSUSA for fireworks to prevent damage by a guest darting/pushing through the crowd in the dark or a rogue stroller trying break the sound barrier knocking things over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom