WDW Photo of the Day (Stuff That's Gone)

KCheatle

Tinker%20Bell%20Shop%2004.jpg

Waking up Tinkerbell at Fairy Treasures

KCheatle

The awesome rainbow space suit :D And, I cannot say for certain, but I'm pretty sure they had a character meal at the Odyssey restaurant in these outfits?? Every time I walk past that building now, I have a pop-up memory of them in their space suits, so that makes me think something related to the space suits happened there :D:D

EDIT: I googled the Odyssey, and lostepcot.com says, "The [Odyssey] restaurant served hot dogs, hamburgers, and salads for lunch, and beef stew, fried clams, and sweet and sour chicken for dinner. During the late 80s and early 90s, there was also a live show with characters to entertain guests at the restaurant called 'Mickey's Rockin' Celebration.'"

I knew there was something there with the characters!! ;)

ec69153f1af99657960a94280a091c29--retro-disney-vintage-disney.jpg

Last edited:

KCheatle

You can't see the cupcakes in this picture, but in the yellow cart behind the characters they used to sell the MOST.DELICIOUS.CUPCAKES for Mickey's Birthday!!! I miss those cupcakes :arghh: And, no...the ones they sell now (although twice the size) are not as good. ;)

MSL7407481-613x412.jpg

KCheatle

The circle bench in the waiting area of Alfredo's. I remember the fabric was so spiky and uncomfortable. When I was young, we ate at Alfredo's restaurant nearly (if not every) trip we took to WDW. By the time we would get there, I remember my brother, sister, and I would be just exhausted from walking around Epcot. We would try to lay down on this bench, and would get yelled at by the hostesses and our parents for being "improper." But it didn't matter any way because the spiky fabric was painful enough to make us bounce up pretty quickly regardless ;)

alfredo_waiting2007ww.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom