WDW Perfection/ Homesickness

jtg2006

I'm sure many people feel the way I do right know, and I was wondering if anyone knows a cure. I'm having an all out case of WDW homesickness (even though it isn't my home); you see, WDW, in its perfection has left me longing to go back, but yet another trip is at least a year away. It's hard to put into words, but I am sure that many know of what I speak. Help please!

:veryconfu :brick:

dliddi

welcome to what everyone feels on this board, there is no cure, we just come on and get are little snippets of info and to read other people experiences, really this is an addiction, and this website, and others like it are here to keep us going until the big score, the trip:lookaroun :lookaroun :dazzle:

Upvote 0

stingrock23

I'm going through the exact same feeling. I went 2 weeks ago and I'm miserable now. Although I may be going back in October, I'm definitely on a big emotional letdown.

There really isn't much you can do other than going to websites, looking at pictures/videos, or disney stores, i guess.

Hope you feel better soon.

Upvote 0

tomman710

I found a website that should be opening soon, www.wdwvirtualvisit.com. This looks awesome and it looks like the closest anyone will be able to get without actually being in Orlando. So if you need a fix, keep your eyes open for that site when it comes online.

Upvote 0

jtg2006

Original Poster
DVD helps

I order the free Vacation Planning DVD (it comes in video also) every year. That is a tidbit taste. I put it on as I go to sleep, my worries slowly fade for 6-10 hours. It's very nice. If curious, I'll give you the website or phone # to order one. It's free!

:D

Upvote 0

goaler

Another fix to try -- the WDW Resort Official Album. We have the cd with about 21 theme songs from rides in all of the parks. We take it in the car for trips and listen to it during dinner, occasionally. In fact, I am listening it to it right now ...

Upvote 0

Candyapple

We are supposed to leave for WDW on Monday, June 9th for 11 days, our longest vacation ever. Ive been planning for months now but this one feels different. I long to be there right now, it is weird. I am obsesed with websites, books, Ive probably checked out every Disney book from my local library. I just want to drop everything and be there NOW!

It's just a necessity when lifes problems bombard you, you know. It's just knowing that when you're there, nothing else matters. It is everything. It is such an awesome vacation. Last night I had a nightmare that I was at the gate and had forgotten my tickets at home. I need to do something else and take my mind off this for the rest of the week. hehehehe!!!!!

Cindy's here we come!!!!!:king:

I can't help you on what to do, I'm a wreck myself. Just plan as much as you can and stay on these forums so you can have a magical time. Have FUN!:sohappy: :wave:

Upvote 0

rokcandy

I'm glad to have found this place...it's kept my homesick feelings at a minimum (if that's possible LoL) and helped me find other WDW sites like OLP to feed my viewing needs. :)

Although there's no cure, I find that some of the best medicine is to look @ brochures from past trips as well as any journalings or souvenirs I have. I must admit that sadly, the Disney Stores have never worked for me, even before the redec.

And I always put in a vacation planning tape or WDW music cd if that isn't enough. ;)

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

We're going in October and right now, everytime I think about it, I get this sick feeling of impatience right in the pit of my stomach.

I can only symaphise.

Upvote 0

Katherine

When I'm missing disney I go and look at pics and dream about my next trip( where I can eat, what I can do, where I can stay,ect.). Just remember you are not alone!!:lol:

Upvote 0
I had the same problem when I went to Disney World, and to Universal Studios back in 1993. Heck, my withdrawal was so bad, that I couldn't even watch Nickelodeon for a good while after I got back. Everytime I watched it, it reminded me so much of all the fun that I had while visiting the parks back in 1993. Now, a whole 10 years later, I am finally leaving for Disney World in 11 days!

Upvote 0

jaimjaim25

I alwayssss have major Disney Depression after I come home :( I'm having it right now actually! There's just soemthing about that place that makes me go insane when I come home.. I just want to go there every day!! I want to be there constantly!!

Upvote 0

tomman710

There are also official DVD's and videos about the parks you can buy too. They are a little bit longer and more in depth than the free vacation planning ones. Some don't think they are worth the money but I dig the one I got last year and when I go in December I will buy the other one. Some how giving Disney my money just feels right!

Upvote 0

Glasgow

Yes, it is difficult! I didn't realize how often I've been there in the past 3-4 years (seeing as how I no longer live in Florida). Went in 98 with g'friend, 01 with g'friend, 01 and 02 for a seminar at Swan and Dolphin, then 03 with my new fiance!

Next trip won't be for at least another year :(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom