WDW Park Withdrawl

DDPGambit

You all think your withdrawls are bad? I havent been to WDW since March 2001.
Sure, thats only a year or so, but this is also a person who used to live in South Florida and went to WDW about 3 times a year. Its been TORTURE!!!

Bad part is, I probably won't get to go again until next summer when my girlfriend and her best friend graduate high school(I graduated this year :p ), the three of us and another friend are all gonna go to WDW to celebrate. Only 355 days to go!

Cheryl

I don't know why but this year, among all the other times that we have gone to WDW, I am just so excited! We saw all the 100 year theme parades and stuff last November/early December so there's really nothing that we haven't seen yet but I just need to be there, like yesterday! My DH told his co-workers that he just couldn't wait for his vacation this year down at Disney and they all looked at him with funny smurks like he was the weirdest person on the planet. So, I guess it just goes to say that old or young, we all love Disney!!!!

We have been so involved in seeing all the Disney movies this year since our son will now sit and watch a whole movie that we've started buying the soundtracks. We don't go anywhere with my son's favorite...Tarzan...so that's constantly playing in the car on the way to the grocery store, the vet's office, to church, etc.

DISNEY ROCKS!

17 more days til I hear "Welcome Home!"
I just can't wait another minute!

Cheryl

redkenwolf

I get the withdrawl feeling around Christmas time and anytime I hear a little girl laugh. The direct withdrawl I feel happens when the plane home starts on the run way, I get this horrible sinking feeling... You know?

Cheryl

Originally posted by redkenwolf
I get the withdrawl feeling around Christmas time and anytime I hear a little girl laugh. The direct withdrawl I feel happens when the plane home starts on the run way, I get this horrible sinking feeling... You know?

:brick: I get that horrible sinking feeling when we're pulling away from Disney property on the way to the airport. Gosh, I hate seeing that airport. Think Cinderella would make some room in that castle for an adopted sister? :lol:

A lot of people talk about how much they like to come home to quietness and to sleep in their own beds. I have no problem sleeping at Disney. I feel safe, secure and just so peaceful.

I don't wanna grow up, I'm a ToysR Us Kid!

17 days to Disney :sohappy:

Cheryl:wave:

2much2do

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
anyone know the Disney stations like that here in NYC?? Thanks!!:cool:

I too listen to Radio Disney all the time!!!! It does help bring me a little magic. Also this website, which I first visited to help plan my trip, but now it has become a daily (sometimes three or more times a day!!!) stop for me. Thanks guys!!!!!! :)

Anyway, try AM 1560 Belle!

cm1988

Your kind words

It is indeed heartening to read these posts from all of you who enjoy your vacations here. Makes me miss the mountains a lot less after so many years in flat Central Florida.

I moved to usually-sunny O-Town after a persistent case of being hooked on the magic, which also seems in plentiful supply here on WDWMagic.com!

2much2do

Re: Your kind words

Originally posted by cm1988

I moved to usually-sunny O-Town after a persistent case of being hooked on the magic, which also seems in plentiful supply here on WDWMagic.com!

Do a lot of people do that? Relocate from all over the country to Orlando, just to be closer to Disney???????

figmentmom

Let me tell you, although I LOVE my teaching job, I do NOT love blustery northern New York! When I am eventually eligible to retire, we will be relocating to the Orlando area!!! I can't wait to be able to visit the magic whenever the mood strikes!

stingrock23

I think i suffer withdrawl 365 days a year. Whenever the thought of WDW enters my mind, a smile appears on my face. I was last there in Feb of 01, and i'm going in October, and i've thought about it ever since my last visit. I can't explain why I'm so hooked, but I am. If I could live in Orlando now, I would. The sad part is always that I have built up my vacations to much, that they're over before I know it and I'm left anticipating my next trip. I only have about 100 days left, but I'll be having withdrawl every single day until I'm there and the smile will never leave my face.

Dwarful

oh yes...we went through some serious withdrawl...I did buy a cd when we were at WDW and of course we watch the videos, look at photos etc etc! My big withdrawl is when I hesitate to buy something...talk myself out of it and then wish I had bought it~

cm1988

Re: Re: Your kind words

Originally posted by 2much2do

Do a lot of people do that? Relocate from all over the country to Orlando, just to be closer to Disney???????
Of the 50,000 Cast Members... there's more than a few.

Cheryl

See, I have the reverse problem....I CAN'T talk myself out of buying anything so I basically support Disney when I go on vacation! LOL :lol: It's not until I get home and get my credit card bill that I'm kicking myself and that I shouldn't have spoiled my son and myself so bad! :lol:

I'm going to Disney -- 16 more days!
Start mixing those Mickey Mouse Pancakes!

Cheryl:wave:

figmentmom

Originally posted by 2much2do

That's what I want to do!!! I love my teaching job, but I do NOT love New York. When my husband and I are (eventually) able to retire, the very first thing I want to do is relocate to Orlando and work at Disney!:D

redkenwolf

Dwarful I couldn't agree more! I remember going to WDW with my drill team and tons of the girls were buying lined windbreakers with different characters embroirdered on the pockets and my thought was I am definetly warm enough in my drill team windbreaker why should I waste $50. Well a year later I wasn't on the drill team anymore and there is a place in our contract that says we can't wear any clothing once we have graduated. (not that I'd really want to)> And to this day (Three years later) I go to the hall closet and wish I had that jacket because I'd still be wearing it today!

GenerationX

I agree with figmentmom's post on page 1 of this thread in that the best way to overcome WDW withdrawl is to start planning the next trip. Before we were even back home a week last year, we had decided to go again this year. The planning and anticipation for this trip has done wonders for my psyche. During particularly stressful days at work, I will take a WDW lunch. I bring my guidebooks, maps, and Pocket PC and do research. I have 100k of little notes I've taken throughout the year in prep for the trip. It's the next best thing to being there.:cool:

jimmybop

you guys think you have it bad, Try liveing @ WDW for 4 months stright, going to the parks every day, eating there everyday, sleeping there everyday... and then going home Way far away!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!1 SOMEONE TAKE ME BACK DOWN THERE!!!!!!!!1 hehehehehe:brick: :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom