WDW ...our first trip?

Jnaps53

A response from anyone will be appreciated.....
This will be our first trip to WDW. We have chosen to stay at the CBR ...Martinique #26. My wife & I and our 7yo son would like to hear any tips you folks may have...........Please don't burst our bubble too hard!....lol
thanks in advance!
jnaps

surfsupdon

Hey buddy!

Excellent choice in Caribbean Beach. That is the only place we have stayed, 12 vacations there. It's beautiful and very child friendly, but has a huge romantic side as well, especially at night, with the special Caribbean mood lighting. Your kid will love the main pool with the slide. At 20, I still cannot get myself out of that pool and off the slide, haha. The food court is great for every meal, and has many options. And make sure you venture through the Island in the middle of the lake, even though it isnt on your way specifcally, but the winding pathways, colorful flowers, bamboo and tropical parrots are amazing.

Have a great time at Caribbean Beach!!!
-Don

Upvote 0

Erika

I have stayed at CB one time. I think my husband was there twice before. We love it. I think it's a great choice. Are there any specific questions you have about your trip?

Upvote 0

disneydudette

CBR-

AWSOME CHOICE...
I'm 15...and tought the younger kids at the pool how do go down the slide fast...(have to get a swinging start)...
The rooms are great..well decorated...

Your location is AWSOME~
close to everything...thats nice...especially walking for early coffee and breakfast...aslo with the pool and water sports...

Out side of the resort...make sure you get to all the parks..at least once...your son will most likely love MGM...if hes a thrill seaker...and MK...since all kids do....

Don't get overwhelmed...
the first trips may be the hardes but the most rembered

Tips~
Make sure to see all the shows and parades
show up early...

Fantasmic...an hour..especially since its ur first...
possibly 2 if the park is crowded and only one showing...

Illuminations...try to find a bench...maybe you and your son could wait...while your wife explores the shops in the World Showcase

Fireworks...
find a nice sport near the hub...or father back on Main Street...whatever is easier...

Parades...
get a sport early...people can be nastly..especially ion the afternoon..hold your ground...

Parks-
not much to say besides go to all...
show up early...enjoy the short lines...if the afternoon gets to crowded...head back to the resort for a swim...and come backin the evening..when many have left...
U HAVE TO SEE THE SHOWS...thats part of the magic!!

Dinning-
Make reservations at~

THE SCI FI THEATER- This place is great...especially for a young boy...
you all sit in cars and enjoy SCI-FI clips...with a shake and burger...make sure to make PS...

CINDERALLA'S CASTLE- This is also a great place for lunch at the park..and in the morning there is a character breakfast...well worth it...
also get the PS

CHEIF MICKEY'S- GREAT PLACE!! enjoy a breakfast...or dinner...it's located in the Contemporay...u can take the monorail from MK...
CALIFORNIA GRLL- This is a great restuarant but I like the fact that you can see the fireworks at night...from he large window...
FOR BOTH MAKE PS!!!

EXTRAS~

MINI GOLF- take a boat from Epcot to the swan and dolphin and enjoy mini golf...at teo courses...
the boarwalk has the ESPN CAFE....any males hot spot...with bar...small arcade..and big screen TV...they also hold trivia at night....

other resorts...
the other resorts are great...see if you can make it to one or two...

DTD- SHOP TILL U DROP HERE!!! nothing more to say... enjoy Disney Quest and al the stores...watch your savings disapear...

But rember it's ONE vacation...
and the things you miss are reasons to go back...

Upvote 0

Stellajack

First trip! Great! Don't worry, there's no such thing as a bad trip to WDW (ok, now don't everyone respond about all their bad experiences)!

When are you going? Film purchased? Guidebook purchased? All the WDW websites bookmarked? Enough film? Character meals planned? Priority seating arrangements made? Downloaded all resort pics and posted them all over your house? Sure you got film? Make sure your son does Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin at MK (oh Mom and Dad too)! Make sure you see Tinkerbell's flight from the Castle just before the fireworks.
Oh and make sure you take plenty of film!

Upvote 0

WDW1971

Get a good digital camera (may I suggest the Sony Mavica MVC-CD250 or CD400...they burn directly to mini-CD-Rs) and take pictures like crazy. You will want to remember every "first" for your child. My wife and I went and it was her first real trip to WDW (she'd been just once for one day to one park...MK), so I got to see her "firsts". When we take our son, I can't wait to see his "firsts". If you want to see our pictures, you can go to here and here to see our two photo albums. We took about 400 digital pictures and about 100 regular film photos.

Most of all, have fun and be a kid! No matter what your age is!

Upvote 0

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
everyone is dead on about one thing.

also, I may have missed this if someone else already said it, BUT... if ANYONE in your party is due for a haircut, get it cut on Main Street at the Harmony Barber Shop. It isn't expensive (SURPRISE!!) and honestly, they do a damned good job. This is the only place I get my hair cut at

Upvote 0

dreamer

Plan ahead BUT don't be chained to your plans.

Leave time for breaks -- to smell the flowers and enjoy your resort. Don't try to see everything.

Do a character meal -- like Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary.

Illuminations and Spectromagic are well worth seeing.

If you're there more than a few days take a day off from the parks. Check out other Disney resorts you may want to stay at next time. Eat dinner at the Boardwalk one evening.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Check out the menus of WDW restaurants, especially if anyone is a picky eater.

California Grill is wonderful, but their menu items might not be to your tastes. Same with Brown Derby. (I know that lots of you love these places, but honestly, there isn't much that my family would eat on thier menus)

Chicken fingers, macaroni & cheese, etc. are available nearly everywhere for the ultra picky.

No one has mentioned 'Ohana. Great place--if you like grilled meat. No characters, but lots of fun for kids.

Take twice as much film as you think you'll need--and an extra battery for the camera.

MOLESKIN--has saved every trip for me. Nothing will ruin your day faster than a blister on your foot.

Purge your wallet--all you need is:
driver's license
credit card
health insurance info
park tickets
room key

Leave your library card, frequent bagel-buyer card, Blockbuster card, etc at home.

packs or backpacks--NO PURSES

your 7 year old will probably love getting character autographs. You can get an autograph book at home, or buy one right inside the gates of all the parks. Remember a large pen, preferably retractable--Eeyore has hooves, and it's hard for him to grab a small diameter pen...

Upvote 0

dliddi

Don't rush, take for instance the first time your on main street, just stop take a deep breath, and just take a few seconds to take it all in, don't try to see everything, you'll kill your self trying and take some breaks, get a good guide book, last time I went I used the Passporter, I loved it, but there are other good ones out there. Also the Jacuzzi is nice after a long day and night at the parks, your son can hit the pool, and you can relax, it ‘s great, And this goes with out saying HAVE FUN!!!!:sohappy: :lol: :hammer:

Upvote 0

EchoOfOphelia

Congratulations on your upcoming trip! You'll have a blast!

First off, like everyone else, The Caribbean Beach Resort is a fantastic place to stay! I've stayed there the last two years. They have a lot of things to offer. The whole resort is situated around a lake which is really nice to walk around during the day and especially at night if the parks close early. They've got lots of pools, but the main one is the best for kids. Also, take advantage of Old Port Royale (the main hub of the resort). It's got shopping, a food court, and a regular restaurant. You may want to invest in the "free refill" cups that will be in your room when you arrive. If memory serves they are ten dollars each but you can walk to Old Port Royale when ever you want and refill them. Its definately a good deal.

TRIP TIPS:

Find out the park hours before you go and plan your days accordingly. Like, you may want to go to the Magic Kingdom on the day that its open the latest. There is a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it in if the park closes early. Just a tip. Of course, realize that other people may be doing the same thing so you may want to avoid crowds by doing the opposite. Its all a matter of your personal preference :)

We usually go in Feb when the parks close earlier than usually, so we had our nights to ourselves. During that time, we usually go to downtown Disney which consists of Pleasure Island, The West Side, and my favorite.. The Marketplace. Take full advantage of these places, they are a lot of fun.

Great places to eat!

My favorite: The Sci-Fi Drive In at MGM Studios. This place is great! You actually sit in a 50's style car with a table (surface) in front of your seat and you watch old real clips of drive in movies (mostly sci-fi of course) but they've got GREAT food and a wonderful atmosphere! The waiters and waitresses are on roller skates! Can it get any better than that! :lol:

If you like seafood you might want to hit Fulton's Crabhouse which is in Downtown Disney. It is a little pricey, but its a nice upscale restaurant and they've got great seafood. I don't know about you, but I get sick of eating "fastfood" on vacation.

I've heard great things about the 50's Prime Time Cafe in MGM Studios, its actually done up like a 50's Sitcom. Check it out.

For the best milkshakes, go to the Plaza Resturant on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom... they are so good!

RIDES:

Go on everything! They're all great! Well, except the County Bear Jamboree, but I know I'm going to get in trouble for saying that :lol: A lot of people here like it.

Oh and if you've got real little ones, Alien Encounter in Tommorrowland at the Magic Kingdom, is very scary. Use your best judgement if you've got kids. I'd say anyone under 9 or 10 might get scared. You may want to ask a Cast Member for their recommendation.

Have a great time!!!! Let us know if you enjoyed it when you get back!:wave:

Upvote 0

uncle al

Disneydudette is wise beyond her "ears"! Her last statement was the most important- "BUT remember its ONE vacation...and the things you miss are the reasons to go back..." My first suggestion is to make yourself a promise; "It is a vacation (yes its WDW, but it is a vacation), and I need to relax." Don't try to do everything, first of all YOU CANNOT DO IT, and second of all even if you could, you would hate yourself. Enjoy the parades, the fireworks, Illuminations, and Fantasmic. Make a few lists; things we absolutely must do (the suggestions from other posts will help), things we would like to do, and things we can do next time. But be flexible, Mr. Murphy (Murphy's Law) is alive and well, and despite your best efforts and the best plan, thousands of other people will try to ruin your day - not on purpose- but because they too have made a plan. My second suggestion is leave the parks in the middle of the day. Go back to the CBR, relax, have a swim or a nap - refer to the RELAX part of my suggestions, spend a couple of hours back at the resort. Third, Have Fun - take loads of pictures, enjoy the looks on your kids face. Finally, be a real WDW fanatic and start planning your next trip while you are still there or better yet - start planning it right now (no I am not on the Disney payroll, but sometimes I wish I were). HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom