the-reason

Original Poster
O.K I know D.A.K just came out in 1998,but ive been thinking
about disney world getting its fifth park,I mean,do they
still have enough room to build a new theme park,water park
etc.

(If anybody knows if WDW is running out of land,PLEASE
LET ME KNOW)

If WDW could build another theme park,(in about 15 to 20 yrs.)what would some of ya want it to be,personnaly,I think they should make a park dealing with roller coasters and thrills.Like
Disneys Coaster Kingdom or Coaster world,something all about
thrills and fast pace attractions.(and some very well thought out
disney themed attractions)I really rather see this than the transformation of Epcot.(although Coaster kingdom could kill
the other parks attendence)BUT

If WDW could make another park,what kind woulds you guys want to see. (p.s. if any one knows if there losing room for more please let me know.

Merlin

Account Suspended
I would love to see them build a coaster park! Some may argue that this is not what Disney is about. But I'd like to see them take the concept and apply the Disney touch to it. I'm not referring to themeing, but rather a park with Six Flags type rides, but it would be impeccably clean with friendly, knowledgable employees. They'd have to include some rides for the smaller kids and some shows that the older adults would enjoy so that it could still theoretically appeal to the entire family. But the focus would be on high-tech roller coaster rides. I'd like to see each coaster be unique like they are at IOA. So none of them would be off-the-shelf coasters that you could also find at other parks (under the guise of a different name). Also, the park would have to be in a location where it was well hidden from the other parks. So you know how from certain parts of Epcot you can see the Tower of Terror as well as the Swan and Dolphin Hotels? Well, you wouldn't be able to see any part of this park from the other parks. Lastly, I'd like to see Disney present this park for what it actually would be....a coaster park. Not try to present it as some "tribute to the state of Florida", or some other theme, and not follow through. I think this would be great!

the-reason

Original Poster
Your right:) I wish they could make a roller coaster base park
and still have the lovable disney characters,and theme roller
coasters,with a unique touch that no other thrill park can duplicate

any other ideas:)

Moustronaut

well acording to the bus driver i rode with last october, WDW has only built on about a third of the property that it owns. but i dunno if that means all the rest is usable land.

the-reason

Original Poster
:) Well thats good they still have land,but how can it not be usable,do they have resorts or other recreational activities on
it or what

Besides that,Im finna go to sleep but Please PLEASE
keep posting some ideas for WDWs 5th park,and ill read um in the morning and will post some more ideas

Tommorrows my Birthday,and the 11th im going to disney world:sohappy: :sohappy: :D :)

Main Street USA

Originally posted by Moustronaut
well acording to the bus driver i rode with last october, WDW has only built on about a third of the property that it owns. but i dunno if that means all the rest is usable land.

Yes, Disney has VAST amounts of land left untouched within their property limits. So, no need to worry about that. A fifth park WILL happen, it'll just be a while. A LONG WHILE.

Timekeeper

I was talking to Ariel at Ariels Grotto (where else?) and she was saying something about WDW building a park whose current production codename is "Disney's Rhode Island Adventure." She said that other ideas being thrown around were "Disney's Iowa Adventure" and "Disney's Fargo Adventure." How would such a park exist in Florida, I asked. She replied, "Yee of little faith. Have you not observed the magic that is Disney theming and imagineering?" Of course I have, I explained. She then brought up a good point, saying "Why would you want a Florida-themed park when you're actually in Florida?" At that moment I realized what she was getting at. Of course! "Disney's Rhode Island Adventure" would be the same imagineering escapism that we're used to seeing. I thanked her for her time and gave her something to deliver to Sabastian. He wasn't available to talk to, apparently he was feeling crabby.

:cry:

Tk

disneydawg

I'm not really in favor of a coaster kingdom. Since disney wont just put in a ordinary coaster (thank god), the cost of building several e-ride coasters would be astronomical. Historically no park has opened with several e type rides which I would think you would need to launch this park sucessfully. And I'm not really sure the coaster theme is strong enough to carry an entire park. I actually like that American Adventure idea disney was kicking around in the nineties. I think is was supposed to be built in virginia but they ran into too many legal problems.

Sherm00

A total thrill park would definitly be terrible. i mean come on something better then a six flags type park. i absolutely hate six flags parks and almost never go to them, why there is nothing I can ride on. so people would have to pay a higher price for a hopper pass for a park that only one tenth of the family can go to because it's all coasters. thats why we only spent 4 hours in island of adventure, the themeing is good, but the rides we can't ride, only 4 rides in the park we could ride. thats why next time we will only get a one day pass to universal. I am kinda hopeing for disney seas.

careship

I know it has been talked about a million times over. I know there have been rumors before but......

I think a DIsney Villain's park would be extraordinary. It wouldn't have to be all coasters or erides either.

It could consist of shows, erides and kiddie rides, just like the MK. The themeing would be excellent. It could consist of all the DIsney villains and really be a great place to have another Halloween party.

Just a thought.

Danny

I know Disney has plenty of room to create and build another park but I would sure love to see them upgrade and add new attractions to the parks they already have. MGM, Epcot and Animal Kingdom could sure use quite a few more attractions and I mean adding new ones, not closing down old ones and replacing them. I never went as a kid and sure wish I could have seen and been able to ride 20 Thousand L. and Mr. Toads ride and Horizens and ....... I guess this is one of the reasons I take my wife and 2 little girls to Disney every year. You just don't know what will not be there when you return the following year. Well thats just my 2 cents.
:D

They should make a park called kaisai world,and ill design the whole thing:) Ill be sure to put in The Hawaiin Roller Coaster Ride for all yall thrill seekers since i already did the drawings for it. Now I just gotta pitch this idea to Roy or Micheal, surely they would think this is the best concept...ever!:rolleyes:

meeko_33785

I agree that it would be a better idea to keep adding attractions and building up the parks they already have before building a new park. Maybe latter down the road they should build a new one, but not any time soon.

As for a Roller Coaster park, if I wanted to go to a Six Flags style park, I would just go to Six Flags. I go to WDW to get away from those types of parks.

all41

An extra GATE would have the potential to bring in extra INCOME. That is assuming you draw more visitors and not just dilute the visitors you already get.

MGM, AK, Epcot and MK all could use additional attractions. But I don't see that adding as much revenue as a new GATE would. Therefore, I'd guess that Disney would rather bump along with low level capital investments in the existing parks and then pop for a new gate.

From my touring and crowd experience (in and out of season), MK needs a new land. Compared to other parks, the crowds and lines are a nightmare. The one park that should give you a "magical" experience instead gives you crowds and long lines.

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by Main Street USA
Yes, Disney has VAST amounts of land left untouched within their property limits. So, no need to worry about that. A fifth park WILL happen, it'll just be a while. A LONG WHILE.

While Disney does have quite a bit of land for the Walt Disney World Resort, much of it isn't easily available for future development for two reasons.

1. There are a lot of things you don't see behind those trees everywhere. Things like warehouses, sewage plants, landfills, greenhouses, maintenance facilities, and other infrastructure take up quite a bit of this unseen land. If you get a chance take a look at some aerial photos and you will see all of theses things.

2. Disney, as part of the deal with the state to develop the area, agreed to set aside a significant portion of the land as preserves. For example, the acreage that became the town of Celebration was originally preserve. In order to build that, they had to purchase land elsewhere in the state to be used as preserve in order to mitigate the damage to the Celebration Area.

A lot of the greenspace on the main part of Disney's property falls into the same category. There are only 3 peices of land that I can think of that would be large enough for anything. 1 is the piece that is directly across from Coronado Springs and next to the Blizzard Beach Parking lot. The second is between World Drive and Wide World of Sports. The third is the area between the main Disney property and Celebration that is bounded by 192 and I-4.

Becky

Originally posted by Danny
wish I could have seen and been able to ride 20 Thousand L. and Mr. Toads ride and Horizens and .......
:D

Danny, you have discribed my fifth park:cool: All the rides and shows we loved that are gone. Horizons, 20,000 Leagues, Toad, the "real"Lion King show, Mickey's Birthday Land cupcakes, CoP that ran year round (move it, fix it, run it ), etc.

I'd pay $100 or more for a day at that park:D :sohappy:

goofyfan13

I too am a fan of the idea for a villians park. Maybe modify it to where it is divided up into two lands like EPCOT. One land could be a heros section, with tamer rides that would appeal to the whole family. And as you work your way towards the other half of the park it becomes darker and you start to see more intense e-rides, and other types of thrills. This way Disney would create a park that would appeal to the whole family, even the teenagers, and have that great Disney themeing that we have all come to know and love.

BigNorm

I'm a little bit of a history freak so personally, I'm ready for the long overdue, and much talked about, Disney's America! It's time that this thing gets built! I'd love to see a Ben and Me attraction or a Johnny Appleseed restaurant. The possibilites are endless

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom