WDW NEWS UPDATE (got some good stuff this week!!!)

FLcastmember

Original Poster
ok, its been a long time, but I recently went out and talked to my sources, and got some info to tell....

Goofey's Country Dancing Jamboree.

This is the name of the show that will be replacing the old version the run in the Diamond Horseshow Saloon. It will be OPENING JULY 1st. Soft openings on June 26th, 27th, 30th. There will be Cast Previews on these days as well. The show times for the Summer season will be 11,12,1,2,4,5 and 6pm. It is still unconfirmed, but I have heard that there will no longer be Ice Cream served.

NEW MK FIREWORKS

Wishes is a go, set to start on eather the first or second week of October. Look for a press event for Philharmagic/Wishes/M:S around this time.

Castle Stage rehab

Second and Third weeks of september.

BTMRR rehab

There has been lots of talk lately on this site about it, here is what I know.... Disney still has not confirmed this, but that is just a matter of time, but look for a 3 month rehab, closing the end of the third week of AUG, opening the week of thanksgiving. MNSSHP and NoJ will be without BTM this year. Look for PotC to replace it for ERIDE nights.

BASIN coming to MK???

thats what I here, as a satilite store to there DD location will be opening at the Frontierland Trading Post

Aunt Poly's and El Prita (june 22) are now reopened to Aug 31st.

MAGIC KINGDOM AND ANIMAL KINGDOM extends park hours

The first 2 weeks of July park closings at both parks have been extended and at MK, From june 22 to july 12, FitS FW and Spectro will happen everynight, instead of just 3 days a week like originaly scheduled. One Mondays, look for 2 spectro's. Compared to last year, when every night of the summer had 9pm spectro, 10pm FitS FW, 10pm closings, this year looks like we will have a few nights a week open to 11pm and a double spectro on mondays. Not back to the pre 2000 12 and 1 pm closings yet, but better then last year.

DAK will be open to 6pm, not 5, BTW

Epcots FW is still closing at 6, but Inoventions hours have been extened to 7pm.

Speaking of Epcot, the new pre show at HISTA is IMHO, STUPID and I am not a critical person of Disney, BUT on this occasion, they missed up this pavilion again. The new pre show is shown on Flat sceen TVs hanging from the ceiling (that is an improvement) but the show itself is nothing more then a commercal for Kodak. Not that the old show was that great, but I miss it already.

MGM stunt show

Its still a go, the route will be changed, they just ran into some problems with the new route, as it will go by some areas that really have nothing to see, and they need to dress it up first, and solve some backstage traffic issues first. They will be running 2 differnet routes, one from now till mid july, then another one starting right after, wish I had more info but for now thats all I know. The project is still a go.

Alien VS Stitch.....

Again, another project that is still a go, from what I here, it will close for good after the new year, and reopen ???

well thats all I got this week.....enjoy

Thanks once again for your insight, i always look forward to it! Do you think BTMMR will beopen 14-18 of August? I know anything you tell me is all theoretical! Thanks!

FLcastmember

Original Poster
Originally posted by MonorailBlack
Thanks once again for your insight, i always look forward to it! Do you think BTMMR will beopen 14-18 of August? I know anything you tell me is all theoretical! Thanks!

yes i think it will, peek season for the parks runs to the 23rd, so look for it to close after that.

Main Street USA

I'm assuming from what you've written that you aren't 100% sure on the date of the BTMR closure. My first day down is the 23rd of August, and I really hope to ride, as this is one of my favorites. Well, I guess it's one of just about everyone's favorites, isn't it!:)

dxwwf3

I'm not giving up on Alien Encounter that easliy. I am probably just fooling myself but oh well. I try to believe that Disney has good judgement. Boy was I way off on this one though. I'm still sporting my new AE shirts and I might buy another one next trip. And of course give City Hall a piece of my mind. Hey I'm going to give it my best shot and I urge you all to do the same. Help keep the one truely original thing at the Magic Kingdom well... original :lol:

monorail256

:eek: As much as I am looking forward to the new fireworks show... I am going to miss the catchy tune of Fantasy in the Sky. Oh well.. looks like the soundtrack for it on CD will have to do...:(

TrevEG

Maybe someone can make up a "Save Alien Encounter" T-shirt and sell it on the boards. Then, while we're all at wdw we can support the ride we've grown to love. :D

mandib

Originally posted by FLcastmember
BASIN coming to MK???

thats what I here, as a satilite store to there DD location will be opening at the Frontierland Trading Post

Oh please yes. lol That store smells so good. I can smell it now. Oh wait that's becuase I used stuff from there yesterday! lol

dxwwf3

Originally posted by TrevEG
Maybe someone can make up a "Save Alien Encounter" T-shirt and sell it on the boards. Then, while we're all at wdw we can support the ride we've grown to love. :D

You could put me down for a XXL :lol: I wish I had the resources to do that but I sadly do not. I think that maybe Disney is underestimating the popularity of this attraction. I know it is certainly the favorite MK attraction for the teenagers at my high school. Our basketball teams (boys and girls) and the cheerleaders went to WDW last year to play in a tournament and this was really the only thing most of them liked at the MK. That was the one thing really that they talked about in school after the trip. I'm not making this up by the way.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by TrevEG

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! Save ALIEN ENCOUNTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy:

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by Epcot is my fav
thanks for the update one question though about Goofys Show thingy....are they serving any food there anymore or its completely empty?

GOOD QUESTION!

I'm curious about this too!

The only bad thing is that I could always just walk right into the Diamond Horseshoe before. Now, with it being new, (AND with characters!!) the place will always be packed! :(

meanmice

I'm just glad to hear that most things will be open during my visit from 7/29-8/4. It's my boyfriends first time and I want him to experiance it all. So far we've had good luck (knock on wood :hammer: ).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom