WDW News Update.....FEB 8th

DonickCo

Originally posted by FLcastmember
word to the wise....SLOW DOWN on WDW property, WDW management has asked FHP and Orange County to get toughwn on speeding on property.

:) :) :) :)

what is the cause for the crack down.

-DonickCo

FLcastmember

Original Poster
from what i have heard, disney is famous in the area for speeding, as it lies in the Ready Creek district, that has no formal law enforcement, only the Orange County SD, but they cover all of Orlando as well, so its rare to see one on property. In fact, World Drive late at night attracts kids drag raceing. All in all very dangerous, and Managment is now willing to have some guest get tickects, rather then killed. The spee limit on Disney highways is only 50, so be carefull as traffic drives well over 65.

orangefan15

Glad to see the new name badges will go back to showing hometown...I really like that better than the ones that show favorite character. It makes more sense to me.

Invero

Re: Re: WDW News Update.....FEB 8th

Originally posted by DonickCo

-DonickCo

Ever drive on property? Lots of wreckless drivers out there, both guests and cast members... In the past week, I've probably seen at least 50 cars pulled over, proud recipients of an expensive ticket I'm sure. Oh, and they've been doing it both morning AND nights...

In regards to nametags...

Attachments

• magictag.jpg
    magictag.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 178
Originally posted by FLcastmember
word to the wise....SLOW DOWN on WDW property, WDW management has asked FHP and Orange County to get toughwn on speeding on property.

This is no joke, kids. I was in WDW last week. I saw a number of Orange County police cruisers. Some of them were in "usual" traffic flow areas (World Drive). Some, however, were off the beaten path -- one was sitting at the edge of the "guest areas" near the Kindercare (sorry, I don't remember the street names anymore).

jrashadb

Originally posted by 1000th_Guest
This is no joke, kids. I was in WDW last week. I saw a number of Orange County police cruisers. Some of them were in "usual" traffic flow areas (World Drive). Some, however, were off the beaten path -- one was sitting at the edge of the "guest areas" near the Kindercare (sorry, I don't remember the street names anymore).

Son of a...

Right... so... no more driving 80 as I go through the WDW arch...

Justr kidding.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member

Originally posted by DonickCo

high number of speed related car accidents on Disney property. Namely, those involving CM's hitting WDW Fleet Vehicles.

crazygirley

Re: Re: Re: WDW News Update.....FEB 8th

Actually, last summer, there were quite a few unmarked police cars on the property. They would come out of nowhere, and BOOM, they'd be pulling over a van who was in and out of traffic. They really don't hide behind signs or bushes or anything, they are really just out there in unmarked cars, driving with the traffic. But remember, Never be the last guy in a row of a bunch of people speeding, and never cut off or speed by a car with an X in the center of the license plate. (Just a tip from the GF of a Law Enforcement Officer!!!)

TIGGER-FAN

I work as a Deputy Sheriff here in NorthWest Florida. If Orange County is anything like our department, WDW can pay OCSD deputies (normaly about $20.00 an hour) to patrol property during their off duty hours and write tickets. If Disney is footing the bill, belive me they will be writting. As a side note if you are stoped for speeding and are cited for 15mph over or more, expect a large jump in your insurance premiums and 4 points against you driver license.

Bagheera

Originally posted by SirNimajneb
Guest of Honor badges, available at the parks and through merchandise mail order, are the only things I can think of available to non-CM guests...

Actually, there are only two places on-property that you can buy them now. You can get them either at Celebrity 5 & 10 in the Studios or at Disney's Days of Christmas at Downtown Disney.

(For those that've never seen them, they're red tags with Mickey and your name on them.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom