WDW Monorail design contest

Sam Magic

Original Poster
I really need your help in creating new monorails for my WDW masterplan. Note that it will be going through my Tomorrowland and a new EPCOT so must be futuristic. The reason I want the monorails to be redesigned is the fact that they are too "outdated" in a way. I believe that a sleeker design is needed. Your entry must include at least 1 concept art picture depicting the look, a description featuring the monorails color, design function, seating, and inspiration, lastly a new WDW monorail logo that says: Walt Disney World Transportation and a sub logo that you can make up! Good luck designs are due May 1st, 2013.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
wow I was just working on this personally... but I don't know how to post my own pictures

You'll need an account somewhere at a free hosting site (flickr, photostream, etc...). Upload your pictures to there, then get a link to the picture. Flickr, in particular, will give you BBS code that you can copy and paste into your post directly. Pretty sure Photostream has this feature as well.

Sam Magic

Original Poster
You can upload your images to your PC or Mac, then go to a site called tinypic. You can select the image files and they give you a URL for websites so you can post your pictures.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You can upload your images to your PC or Mac, then go to a site called tinypic. You can select the image files and they give you a URL for websites so you can post your pictures.

Ah, well played. I completely forgot about tinypic. Nice thing about tinypic is that you don't need an account.

Alien

lookjerk_zpsdaf26a30.jpg

ok sorry I had a much better drawing but I sketched this fast. so heres wat im thinking. a new fleet of monorails with colors that glow at night and are loaded with LEDs. they will have much more cabin room and each cabin will hav several TVs each show casing "trailers and previews" for what guests are about to visit. also other TVs would show live footage from the front cabin window of the monorail and another would show weather updates and more.
The odd "accordion" type cabin connectors would be replaced with sleek white plates
another color scheme idea I had is based of Disneyland's
1_db_MarkVII_Monorail_art18_zps1b0d9c3f.jpg

a new logo... hmmm how bout the contemporary one of course updated with the new monorail
hd_baylaketower_logo.jpg

Sam Magic

Original Poster
@ Alien: I really like the design, It is a perfect marriage to Disneylands and WDWs current monorail designs. The idea of having them bright at night would help prevent any possible accidents in the future. For the logo the idea is looking good. I will post a pic of what it appears to look like in my mind. Really great submitment!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
@ Alien: I really like the design, It is a perfect marriage to Disneylands and WDWs current monorail designs. The idea of having them bright at night would help prevent any possible accidents in the future. For the logo the idea is looking good. I will post a pic of what it appears to look like in my mind. Really great submitment!

I agree, I thought it looked really cool. I loved the idea of "glowing"...even if it was applied to the current fleet, it would be cool to see the colors streaking around the hotel loop at night.

Alien

thanks glad to know you liked it

MonorailRed

Applebees
Well, I just saw this contest, and with 1 day left I thought I'd just wing it.

I decided to go with something traditional, yet different with the new design.
monorail.jpg

I made the nose of the monorail a bit more rounded, more like Disneyland's, but kept the colors of WDW.

Now, to get to the the cool new feature of these's monorails...

The inside will get a semi-new look. The design layout will stay the same, but the colors will change, representing the outside of the monorail. Ex. If your on the Red Monorail, The seats are red, the handrails and walls are white, and the floor is black.

Now the outside...

The color line on the monorails will be more of an oval shape, and will also be between the accordion parts of the monorail..

From the windows to the ceiling of the monorails today, will be tinted glass, meaning that the top will be like a huge sunroof. And yes, there will be air conditioning, considering the heat of the summer months.

Here's a picture of the monorail fleet I put together....
monorails.jpg

MonorailRed

Applebees
I tried 2 different versions of the logo again. One with the "Walt" and "World" Font for Disney and one with "Walt Disney World" the same font as ""Keep You Moving Forward"
wdwlogo2.jpg

wdwlogo.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom