WDW Memorabilitia

drjny

Original Poster
I'm moving into my college dorm in August and I want to personalize it with Disney World stuff galore.

What are some things you recommend I buy that could make me feel like I'm in WDW?

buy covers for your bed from the Disney catalog! I even have a disney rug in my room of mickey's head, feet, shorts and hand it's really cute! you can even buy a disney headboard LOL! I would just go with the Disney bed sheets, i have those and when i wake up i see those covers and think of Disney world what can be better to wake up to?... (ok maybe brad pitt but anyways...) LOL

Angie

tigger248

I had Disney pictures and posters in my dorm room (when I lived in one). I also had a few favorite stuffed animals, mainly tiggers, and some photo frames with characters on them. And I had tigger plates, cups, and bowls, my disney resort mugs and the disney cereal (mainly Honey Bees and Mickey's Magics). And I kept my favorite WDW hat handy for those early morning classes when I wouldn't feel like getting up early enough to fix my hair! :)

WDWScottieBoy

Look on eBay, Disney eBay, the Disney Store and the like. You can always find some good items for really cheap. I know when I move into my dorm, I've got all my Disney books, some Disney pins, my Disney DVDs, maybe some stuffed animals, and a lot of my park memoribilia that I couldn't leave at home. Of course I'll have to leave some (which is still a lot) at my house so that I can still feel like I'm at Disney when I'm at home. Um....maybe some of the WDW vacation videos so you can play them at night when you're falling asleep so you can feel like you're there. Posters and pictures would also be perfect.

stitch rocks

tigger248 said:
I had Disney pictures and posters in my dorm room (when I lived in one). I also had a few favorite stuffed animals, mainly tiggers, and some photo frames with characters on them. And I had tigger plates, cups, and bowls, my disney resort mugs and the disney cereal (mainly Honey Bees and Mickey's Magics). And I kept my favorite WDW hat handy for those early morning classes when I wouldn't feel like getting up early enough to fix my hair! :)

i did that this year... i bought everything and anything that would go in my dorm room. but not the sheets since most college dorm room beds are twin extra long. but i decorated with a ton of postcards and pixs i took/ bought from wdw then of couse all my stuffed animals and posters. disney cups and everything and set ur alarm to wake up to wdw music that really make u feel like ur there ( of course my roommate wanted to kill me every morning but whatever... i won!)

phlydude

Just remember that all the stuff you take and the things you accumulate through the year have to come home with you too!! My wife spent 6 1/2 hours cramped up in the back of a minivan because of all the stuff she had in her dorm (and went through this 3 times!!)

tigger248

phlydude said:
Just remember that all the stuff you take and the things you accumulate through the year have to come home with you too!! My wife spent 6 1/2 hours cramped up in the back of a minivan because of all the stuff she had in her dorm (and went through this 3 times!!)

Ya, coming home was another story. :lol: The worst was coming home from my college program. Going down, everything fit into my contour and my mom's sable. Coming home we rented a van and took out the back seats. We barely were able to cram everything into the minivan and my contour to come home. Then we were so loaded that I was afraid my car wouldn't make it over the mountains in TN. It always seems like stuff grows when you take it somewhere away from home.

mellie882

I made collages for my dorm room. I collected Disney catalogues, park maps, post cards, and other Disney graphics. You can buy those pictures frames that have the mats with lots of cut outs in them. Put your pictures in there and hang it above your bed!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom