WDW Marathon Weekend Expo

Babylon Control

Original Poster
I'm looking to enter the 1/2 marathon in 2012 and am curious about the Expo. I know it takes place at Wide World of Sports. Is it open to everyone or just the race participants? My mom will be travelling with me but not participating in any of the races, only I will but she may be interested in coming to the Expo with me, will this be possible?

Thanks.

GoofyInOhio

Yes it's possible and it's open to everyone. If you stay on property she can use the same bus you do to get to the Expo. If you drive she can go with you as well.

lukacseven

Absolutely! In '09 they began housing the Expo in 2 facilities: First you must go to the Milk House to pick-up your race number, D chip and test the chip. They always have a small store set-up on the upper concourse where you can buy wine and related items. Then you are filtered back outside and over to the Jostens Center where you pick-up your shirt and can shop/try products. They have a nice area w/ offical race gear. There's usually a fair amount of free stuff available for non-runners, too. Spectators can make signs at the Sharpie booth. The WWOS shop and the restaurant are also open during the Expo. Busses to and from the Expo run every 15-20 minutes from all WDW Resort hotels and Hollywood Studios.

MKCP 1985

The expo is crazy! So many vendors and usually good prices, and all the Cliff shots you can stand to eat! :lol:

yes, open to the public, but with 20,000 people coming through to pick up their race packets and countless volunteers coming through picking up their volunteer packets, it is a madhouse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom