WdW magic from employees lacking?

wdwmom2+1

Original Poster
on our recent trip 7/6-7/8 we were greeted with several instances and were very surprised!!
Examples:

riding on pooh bear the lady practically yelled at us when it was time to pull down the hand bar.

we were going into the new monsters inc joke room and saw a bunch of strollers, thought it was stroller parking pulled ours up only to be Yelled at that that was not where to park the stroller.

there were several other experinces which we were kinda surprised of. anyone else notice this or was it just a bad day or soemthing?

Champion

on our recent trip 7/6-7/8 we were greeted with several instances and were very surprised!!
Examples:

riding on pooh bear the lady practically yelled at us when it was time to pull down the hand bar.

we were going into the new monsters inc joke room and saw a bunch of strollers, thought it was stroller parking pulled ours up only to be Yelled at that that was not where to park the stroller.

there were several other experinces which we were kinda surprised of. anyone else notice this or was it just a bad day or soemthing?

First, maybe if you didn't refer to the CM as 'the lady' you'd have a little more respect for her and cut her some slack.

Second, the CM with the strollers probably didn't see the other strollers being left there, but did see you, so asked you do move it. That CM can't ask the other people to move their strollers if they aren't with the stroller.

AEfx

Did "lady" suddenly become a dirty word?

I don't think she was saying she called the CM "lady", anyway. Not everyone knows the Disney vernacular.

AEfx

NikaforPluto

I would have to agree

When I had gone to Disney with my mother last December we had interesting experiences to say the least. First off we ran into a CM who informed us he was miserable working at Disney because they weren't training him and he was just unhappy. Talk about taking away from the happiest place on earth atmosphere. We also ran into another CM at the Contemporary who basically informed us the same that they just couldn't wait to go home!!!

Champion

Did "lady" suddenly become a dirty word?

I don't think she was saying she called the CM "lady", anyway. Not everyone knows the Disney vernacular.

AEfx

Its not a 'dirty' word, but its disrespectful. "Lady, I want to ...." or "the mean lady" or "lady, I'll do whatever i want".

She used the term employee in the thread title, it was a form of disrespect to the CM to use 'lady' in the post, or she would have used employee again. Even using woman is much more respectful.

Just look:

riding on pooh bear the woman practically yelled at us when it was time to pull down the hand bar.

Anyway, as I remember, the line for Pooh is insanely loud when its crowded, so maybe the CM was just making sure she was heard over all the din.

maggiegrace1

Kinda like when Jerry Lewis used to say Hey Lady!
:lookaroun

wdwmom...

I think maybe you just had an off day or whatever..Everyone has bad days and maybe she was just having one...maybe not..but it is rare I believe to find a really rude or ugly cast member..Almost all I have encountered are really nice..:)

Mansion Butler

Yeah, there's no more magic in our training left. We resort to yelling and being jerks and we don't like working hard. None of us are interested in making sure you have a great vacation, and we take out our misserable lives on you. You, in particular. Just to spite you.

Champion

Yeah, there's no more magic in our training left. We resort to yelling and being jerks and we don't like working hard. None of us are interested in making sure you have a great vacation, and we take out our misserable lives on you. You, in particular. Just to spite you.

You're signing my autograph book on my next trip.

cmatt

:D:hammer::D

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Its not a 'dirty' word, but its disrespectful. "Lady, I want to ...." or "the mean lady" or "lady, I'll do whatever i want".

She used the term employee in the thread title, it was a form of disrespect to the CM to use 'lady' in the post, or she would have used employee again. Even using woman is much more respectful.

Just look:

Anyway, as I remember, the line for Pooh is insanely loud when its crowded, so maybe the CM was just making sure she was heard over all the din.

I really dont see the harm of the word Lady. Its not that disrespcetfull. I could say excuse me lady. Its just another word for women, lady,girl. So dont go all bad on her just for using a different term u think is "not respectful".

NikaforPluto

Within regards to the training...to be specific... the boy was saying no one trained him what to do with the credit card machine. I'm not talking about him being happy or not. He was young, alone , and workin at a food cart in epcot. People should make their own vacation a happy one.

cb3k

Ya champion you need to calm down..you always have a bone to pick, and are tryin to be the messg board police..just take a deep breath..would you have preferred if the OP stated the "human being", or perhaps it was extremely distasteful of her not to write down the LADY'S name so she could post it on wdwmagic. She was sharing a bad experience everyone is entitled to do that and no one is picking on the CM's. If she felt it was rude of the CM's in how they talked to her then disney would agree and feel it was wrong as well.

Dwarful

Just smile and give your sweetest 'sorry about that', pull down the lap bar and enjoy your ride. Being it was the 4th of July weekend she could have just been completely frazzled by heat, crowds, etc. If someone really is out of line, go directly to guest relations with a name, place and time. Also, if someone goes out of their way to be extremely helpful..go to guest relations with name, place and time..then go home and write a letter about said person!

raven

Within regards to the training...to be specific... the boy was saying no one trained him what to do with the credit card machine. I'm not talking about him being happy or not. He was young, alone , and workin at a food cart in epcot. People should make their own vacation a happy one.

Sounds like Cedar Point in Ohio. We asked a cart vendor (a lady, lol) where the nearest bathroom was. She replied (in broken english) "I dunno. First day." Obviously she was plopped down in front of a cart and told to sell stuff but wasn't informed of her own whereabouts.

Plutoboy

Okay I know that this response may not get welcomed with open arms but here it goes anyway. Aside from the hey lady comment I have to side with the cast members.. I worked for Disney for 10 years, my two eldest sisters have made professional careers at Disney both in California (Imagineering and Disneyland VP respectfully) my youngest sister is in the college program at Disney here in Orlando....obviously the WDC has been very good to our family. Working for Disney is what you make out of it. To me it is unfortunate that everyone here thinks that Disney CMs should always be sprinkled with pixie dust and not have normal lives.

The truth of the matter is this......the pay at Disney sucks!!! I'm willing to say that what you encountered is a CM who is on the CP and works for peanuts and is worked back to backs more than any of us have ever done in our lifetimes. Is the rude behavior justified.....absolutely not and as a General Manger of a Hilton Resort here in Orlando I realize that. The answer to go get a better paying job is really kind of unfair. Again keep in mind that most "yonger CMs" are worked like dogs because Disney knows that they can work them that way.....it does not leave time for an extra job on the side.

How would any of you like to go to a job everyday where no matter how many times you ask people politely to Please do something that they completely ignore you or call you a nasty name?? It's not alleagtions but a fact of being a CM at Disney. Follow this up with many times very little support from management and you have an unmagical experience for both the guest and the CM. I would also suggest that in SOME cases that the training and CM selection is not near what it used to be.

I realize that this may not make sense to all and to some it will hit right at home but before you start to criticize someone working for Disney at $6.35 an hour please try and put yourself in their place.

c133125

Okay I know that this response may not get welcomed with open arms but here it goes anyway. Aside from the hey lady comment I have to side with the cast members.. I worked for Disney for 10 years, my two eldest sisters have made professional careers at Disney both in California (Imagineering and Disneyland VP respectfully) my youngest sister is in the college program at Disney here in Orlando....obviously the WDC has been very good to our family. Working for Disney is what you make out of it. To me it is unfortunate that everyone here thinks that Disney CMs should always be sprinkled with pixie dust and not have normal lives.

The truth of the matter is this......the pay at Disney sucks!!! I'm willing to say that what you encountered is a CM who is on the CP and works for peanuts and is worked back to backs more than any of us have ever done in our lifetimes. Is the rude behavior justified.....absolutely not and as a General Manger of a Hilton Resort here in Orlando I realize that. The answer to go get a better paying job is really kind of unfair. Again keep in mind that most "yonger CMs" are worked like dogs because Disney knows that they can work them that way.....it does not leave time for an extra job on the side.

How would any of you like to go to a job everyday where no matter how many times you ask people politely to Please do something that they completely ignore you or call you a nasty name?? It's not alleagtions but a fact of being a CM at Disney. Follow this up with many times very little support from management and you have an unmagical experience for both the guest and the CM. I would also suggest that in SOME cases that the training and CM selection is not near what it used to be.

I realize that this may not make sense to all and to some it will hit right at home but before you start to criticize someone working for Disney at $6.35 an hour please try and put yourself in their place.

That has to be one of the best written statemtents I have read on here. I started to tear up at the end. (ok I lied).
And I think I made $6.15 last year..those lucky kids got a raise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom