WDW Logo

dreamer

In spite of how sentimental I am about the way Disney World used to be in the 70's and 80's, I like both the new Epcot and WDW logos better.

aladdin7702

I personally like the new Walt Disney World logo and the new EPCOT logo. The old WDW logo needs some work and I think that it could look really good. As for the old EPCOT logo, I don't understand the whole concept behind the symbol.

mickey04

Originally posted by jmarc63
Personaly I like the original WDW logo, My avatar is the D from the Disney in the old logo which has the globe with the mickey ears inside it. i dont really care for the newer Script logo which is not Walts signature as some belive it is.

WDW 1 is the new logo
WDW 2 is the original

Are u sure about this? I've seen Walt's signature and writing and it looks very similar. I think it was based on his writing. I'm not saying your wrong, but what is your reasoning for saying that it is?

Anyway, I really like the new WDW signature- and also the new Disneyland Resort one too. I like the old Epcot one.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I never really went to Disney World much as a kid, so the old ones don't have much nostalgic meaning to me. From that (somewhat objective) perspective, both new logos are much more visually interesting to me.

:)

MGM WDWFan

I'm only 17 years old, so I'm barely old enough to remember the old Epcot logos....but I know that I liked them so much better than the new ones. I've kept some old maps (similar to the ones on this site) and I always look back at the logos and try to draw them...Living seas is my favorite one. Any others?

--MGM

PaisleyMF

"Logos"

I've always thought that if and broken don't fix it. Epcot Logo was a futuristic vision, the "Flower / Star" had a meaning (I can't recall it now) But made me think of the future to come. Last time that i was in Epcot in 2000, I am always looking foward to enter near by the fountain with the dedication / sculpture, and I didnt saw them that time (they use to be acrylic with the logo etch on them) I felt disapointed. And now all that changes around WDW property, even over Disneyland (and may I say that is the Resort one that uses the script type not the park)

Why the WDW Company used instead the old Capital letters and just aded in front the new "logo"

As for EPCOT, BRING THE OLD ONE BACK

Is like looking for a Nike Shoe without the swooch, or an Apple Computer without the Apple bitten, or ... I can go on and on!!!

The identity of a company / area is important to keep it fresh but not make extreme changes to it. Now i want to see what are they going to do with the Disney / MGM Studios (or it is Disney Studios?) and after 20 years Animal Kindom, Downtown Disney, Pleasure Island?

jrashadb

This seems to be the popular choice here, but...

New WDW
Old Epcot

I just love all the old school logos in Epcot. Everytime I go there with someone new, I take them to the land and show them the big logo on the wall and say something like, "Hey, isn't that cool? Yeah, all the attractions used to have a symbol like that, but not anymore."
I'm a dork.
If anyone has pictures of the old logos, feel free to post them here.

:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom