WDW in July

Lightyear

They would be two very different trips. November would be more of a relaxed pace and probably a better choice. We go in July without planning on hitting everything and we are happy. It is hot but bearable, it will rain a lot. But the parks are normally open later in July. If you go early in the day and use Fastpass you can have a great July rip.

Lisa
(Lightyear)

Upvote 0

Lord Alfred

I'm afraid I cannot be as nice as Lightyear.

In July the heat and crowds will both be brutal. It really depends on the type of person you are. I personally hate standing in line and being elbow-to-elbow with people walking around in the park. Fastpass helps but you have to do something while waiting for your alotted time and that means standing in a 50 minute line for something else. Strollers will be everywhere and your ankles will suffer. The crowds and high temps don't faze some people, but coming from someone who's been numerous times at different times of year, I can say that I wil try to go in October or November every time from now on. Your younger kids will be a lot more managable and happy if it is not 90+ degrees outside.

I love WDW but I would only go in the summer (or any time school's out) if it were free.

As far as November goes, it really depends on what time of the month you were going. It actually starts getting crowded the week leading to Thanksgiving. If you're going before then you'll be fine.

Upvote 0

Scooter

I took my kids ages 10, 8, and 5 in July a few years back.

If you know your children, you will know if they can handle the situation.

We never used a stroller and my kids did fine.

We took alot of little breaks, brought alot of water, and went back to our resort some days for a mid-day swim/Nap.

While it was extremly hot and humid, the kids had little personal fans and were fine.

We went for 7 days and in the middle of the week we did a "Do-nothing Day" and let the kids swim, shop in the gift shops and just rest and explore the Resort.

I gave each child a disposible camera to use and this seemed to take their minds off the long lines and heat.

When we had a long wait in a Queque line, we made up little games to play to make the wait seem less long and more tolerable. Pointing out hidden Mickeys and other Imagineering marvels kept them busy as well.

Finding an air-conditioned area every so often cooled them off and kept their tempers down and their spirits up.

While we prefer going in May or October, doing a summer Disney vacation while the Schools are out sometimes is you're only option.

Summer trips are very do-able if you use common sense and know your children and how well they deal with crowds and heat.

Have a great Vacation! :)

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I went to Disney last August, and am going again the first week of August this year--I would not go so far as to say it's unbearable--it is hot and muggy in Rochester, NY in the summer, anyway, so the heat and mugginess in Orlando didn't phase me too much. As for the rain, while it will probably rain every day, it's usually for 15-30 minutes between 2 pm and 5 pm--it is a HEAVY downpour, and it floods the parks within minutes, but on the plus side, the temps drop from about 93ºto 75ºin 10 minutes, which is nice. The mornings are nice, usually sunny/hazy--and, as has been my experience, the muggiest part of the day. Due the the heat index, it honestly FEELS hotter to your skin at about 10 am than it will the rest of the day, even when it is 93º out. The evenings and sunsets are usually beatiful, and the wind usually turns calm at dusk making for beautiful evenings for fireworks. In terms of crowds--it is NOT the busiest time of the year, thus Disney does not call it "peak season". While the lines can get long, they aren't as atrocious as I thought they would be in the summer. The only reason I would say "wait till November" is that Mission: SPACE and PhilharMagic will be officially opened, meaning open all day every day, unlike the more random openings of SPACE you would see in July. Furthermore, the new firework show will probably have premiered at the Magic Kingdom by November. The only downside is that the hours are shorter.

Upvote 0

EmeraldDolphin

I've been in July for 3 years in a row... it definitely is hot... but I live in CT and it's usually pretty hot at home at that time too... I think you're wise in deciding to make another off season trip while you can. I would go off season if my kids schedules allowed them to... the older they get the busier they get during the school year, and it makes it next to impossible to leave for a vacation at that time of year. Enjoy your November trip!! :)

Upvote 0

Gucci65

Unless you are from the south and are "used" to the heat and humidity, I would NOT go to WDW in July. I have been in the south for 22 years and I still have days I cannot handle. Plus the crowds are really bad. We go over for the day (in July) while staying on the beach and it's hasn't rained once in 10 years (now that I've said that it will be torrential).

Upvote 0

happygolucky

Original Poster
I'm from Michigan...we had a frost warning last night! Although we are craving heat, I think we would melt in July. Thanks for the great replies!

Upvote 0

mej

I teach - so July/August is my only option. I have been taking the kids since they were tiny - they will be 8 and 5 this year and haven't had any problems. It is busy and hot - but then we have only ever been at this time of year and so know no different! The kids love it - take it all in their stride and we go at the pace of whoever the "weakest link" is that day - and it isn't always a child!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom