WDW in a dress

Philharmagically

Original Poster
Seeing the thread relating to glasses at WDW got me thinking...
As a female, dresses/skirts are often comfier (and can look better) than shorts during hot weather. Additionally, I'm thinking of bounding as Anna (I have the perfect blue skirt!).

I understand that given the number of rides that go upside down (and in the open + inverted coaster like Dragon Challenge), wearing a dress would be a very bad idea.
But is it feasible to wear a dress or skirt at the parks, while still being able to go on the rides without any fear of flashing anyone?

Philharmagically

Original Poster
Would there be any problems with the ride restraints (e.g. strap between the legs)? I can't remember there being any last time, but that was 5 years ago and things might have changed since then.

rangerbob

There are no rides that go upside down at WDW. I've seen ladies at the parks before in dresses. More in EPCOT than anywhere else. I can't say I've seen too many at Universal though.

Tom

Beta Return
If you wear a long skirt, you'll be fine. If you start creeping above the knee, you will want to be careful when getting in and out of ride vehicles, especially ones you have to step into and swing your legs to board (i.e. logs, boats, coasters).

The bike/compression shorts are a good idea, especially if you go on a typical hot Florida day.

Courtney6682

off subject...but you said bounding and i had to share;)

My daughter Brooklyn bounding as Minnie...9-2013

brookbounding.jpg
-

belledream

I wear dresses at WDW pretty often. You are right! They both look and feel much better! :D I might've briefly flashed a CM getting out of a ride like Space Mountain or something, but really, don't let it stop you.

As for Rock N Rollercoaster, it's so dark in there, no one's going to see anything!

Alix26

I always wear dresses. Just have to be a little more careful when getting on rides etc etc.

The idea about shorts underneath is great and as long as theyre concealed then noones going to notice.

I personally wear a lot of shorts that are designed to look like skirts (cant think of the name) but they are really pretty and no chance of flashing your business to anyone ahaaa.

Also i wear playsuits, im not sure if thats what other people call them but they are just as pretty as dresses but theyre more secure. I have ones that are posh,casual, pretty, all colours and theyre so comfy.
Bit of a pain when you want to go to the toilet though.

PrincessNelly_NJ

I wear dresses all the time. The only rides that go upside down are Rock'n'Rollercoaster and Sum of All thrills...
Just put a pair of shorts on or tights...

DVCPluto

I wear sundresses and skirts all the time and have never had a problem. I never even thought about any of these issues! lol

Wear whatever is comfy for you :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom