WDW How To's...

nace888

Original Poster
Sooooo, I worked at the wonderful Walt Disney World Resort last Summer, may be going back to work there here soon. Here's some things I noticed that people need work on!

How to... USE the Transportation System:

#1 The Parking Trams are not a personal funhouse ride. Sit in the tram, listen to your host, get off WHEN IT STOPS. :)
#2 The Parking Trams take you from the parking lot to the entrance of the parks or to the TTC. When you use it, remember where you parked. :)
#2A If you take a picture of your parking row at the beginning, you can refer to it at the end of the day.:)
#3 Monorails and Ferries are available at the TTC. The Resorts line and Ferries just might be quicker than you getting onto the Express monorail at open. :)
#4 Don't push people out of the way, just wait your turn. :)
#5 Ride the transportation for what it's for. The monorail is not your personal dancing pole. :)
#6 When your monorail or ferry stops, just walk, running will make it take longer. :)
#7 Don't jump over the gates at the monorail, they're there for your safety. Those trains don't like those sudden stops anyways. :)

How to... USE the Park Entrance:

#1 Have your pass or magicband ready. :)
#2 Aim for the shorter line that has a Cast Member at the touch points. Even if there's a slight line, it'll keep moving. :)
#3 Use the second touch point if the first is unavailable. :)
#4 Don't stop just on the other side of the touch point entrance. It backs up the line. :)
#5 Go through the tunnel or into the park, don't block any paths. :)
#6 If you want a picture of the flowers or station, step away from the open touch lines to do those. :)

How to... USE the Magic Kingdom:

#1 Know what you want to do so you can go straight there without blocking any paths. :)
#2 If the Trolley Show is about to start, get off the tracks. :)
#3 If the Trolley is OUT, get off the tracks. :)
#4 Don't block the station stairs, they get used for shows and for the ride. :)
#5 When walking down Main Street, try to avoid blocking doorways. :)
#6 Try to walk on one side of the sidewalk, not in the middle. :)
#7 Don't stand on garbage cans to see the show at the castle. :)
#8 Stay out of the road for parades. :)
#9 If it's crowded, try not to block any paths, it stops the whole crowd. :)
#10 Don't shove other people so you can have a spot. :)

How to... USE the Other Parks:

#1 Behave :)

How to... USE the Rides:

#1 If there's moving sidewalks, keep walking. :)
#2 If you're waiting for a ride and waiting on a group, wait outside the queue. :)
#3 If you have plans to ride a ride at a certain time due to fast passes, make sure you plan accordingly for walking and other rides. :)
#4 If you're waiting in line for a ride with a wait time, don't complain about the wait time. You saw it before you entered the line. :)
#5 When riding a ride, don't stand up. You'll upset everyone else since the ride has to stop. :)
#6 Book your fast passes early on for your favorite rides, it'll be harder to get them right then and there. :)
#7 On water rides, don't play in the water. :)
#8 Certain rides are more intense than others. Make sure you want to ride before delaying a whole line as you get there and don't want to ride. :)

How to... USE the Characters:

#1 If you want to see the castle show, try not to run up to the stage. :)
#2 If you are having a meet and greet with a character, have your books and pens ready. :)
#3 Each person wants their magic moment, don't try to rush someone away. :)
#4 If you can't afford photopass, ask the character attendant to take your picture with your phone. :)
#5 Since the attendants aren't always good at pictures, selfies are a good way to take pictures with characters too. :)
#6 Our happy friends are our friends, not our lovers. Keep it appropriate in meet and greets. :)
#7 Just because they are characters does not mean you can ruin the magic for other people. :)
#8 Some characters cannot do autographs. Feel free to get pictures instead. :)
#9 Characters in the parades cannot always come directly to you, so don't run out to them. Catch them next time. :)
#10 Meet and greets are even more fun when you add to the interaction. Ask them how they're doing. :)

How to... USE the Food:
#1 If you are thirsty, find a water fountain, or go to a quick service place and ask for a glass of water. :)
#2 Many quick service places have multiple lines. Look around before joining a line. :)
#3 If visiting a quick service place (like Cosmic Rays for instance) with a group of friends, wait for the friends before joining a line. :)
#4 If you're waiting for friends and y'all get in line, be looking at the menu before you get to the register. :)
#5 Try to get all of your stuff at the counter in one go. It's not always easy to go back up to get something you forgot. :)

I'll continue this as I can think of it. Kinda busy, XD

Last edited:

MickeyLuv'r

Transportation:
It is wise to LISTEN to announcements being given over the PA!
We could not believe the number of folks ignoring the announcers saying the monorail was down, and that WDW was offering non-stop buses between the TTC and MK instead. They were all just standing in line for a monorail that clearly wasn't moving/loading.

Park Entrance:
Use BOTH touch passes. Proceed to the second touch pass whenever it is reasonable to use it!

Last edited:
Don't stop to ask the bus driver if it is going to the location on the sign, yes it is going to that park or resort, if it isn't the park or resort posted on the sign, then no, it is not your bus

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
How to USE the Quick Service dining locations:

Do not stand in line for 5 minutes ignoring the menu and then finally decide to look at it once you reach the register and say"uhhhhhhhh".... then go back and forth with your group on who is ordering what. Look at the menu while you wait in line!!!

chris p

Such a great post...
It drives me absolutely crazy when a family of 10 stops in the middle of a pathway to map out their park experience. I try to stay calm but it occurs way too often. Keep moving people or get off the tracks. Ok I’m done

RScottyL

I feel that the people that are breaking those rules are first-timers! What they should be doing is coming to forums like this, so they can learn tips/tricks to make their trips more enjoyable and less time planning!

I assume everyone on here, is smart enough to know to do those things to make your trip go smoother!

ColinP29

Sooooo, I worked at the wonderful Walt Disney World Resort last Summer, may be going back to work there here soon. Here's some things I noticed that people need work on!

How to... USE the Transportation System:

#1 The Parking Trams are not a personal funhouse ride. Sit in the tram, listen to your host, get off WHEN IT STOPS. :)
#2 The Parking Trams take you from the parking lot to the entrance of the parks or to the TTC. When you use it, remember where you parked. :)
#3 Monorails and Ferries are available at the TTC. The Resorts line and Ferries just might be quicker than you getting onto the Express monorail at open. :)
#4 Don't push people out of the way, just wait your turn. :)
#5 Ride the transportation for what it's for. The monorail is not your personal dancing pole. :)
#6 When your monorail or ferry stops, just walk, running will make it take longer. :)

How to... USE the Park Entrance:

#1 Have your pass or magicband ready. :)
#2 Aim for the shorter line that has a Cast Member at the touch points. Even if there's a slight line, it'll keep moving. :)
#3 Use the second touch point if the first is unavailable. :)
#4 Don't stop just on the other side of the touch point entrance. It backs up the line. :)
#5 Go through the tunnel or into the park, don't block any paths. :)
#6 If you want a picture of the flowers or station, step away from the open touch lines to do those. :)

How to... USE the Magic Kingdom:

#1 Know what you want to do so you can go straight there without blocking any paths. :)
#2 If the Trolley Show is about to start, get off the tracks. :)
#3 If the Trolley is OUT, get off the tracks. :)
#4 Don't block the station stairs, they get used for shows and for the ride. :)
#5 When walking down Main Street, try to avoid blocking doorways. :)
#6 Try to walk on one side of the sidewalk, not in the middle. :)
#7 Don't stand on garbage cans to see the show at the castle. :)
#8 Stay out of the road for parades. :)
#9 If it's crowded, try not to block any paths, it stops the whole crowd. :)
#10 Don't shove other people so you can have a spot. :)

How to... USE the Other Parks:

#1 Behave :)

I'll continue this as I can think of it. Kinda busy, XD

So lucky you used to work there and told us all this. I was expecting to stand in the middle of the road for the parade.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Perhaps Disney needs to run "How to enjoy WDW" classes for first-time visitors, kind of like DLR has a "Disneyland 101" tour...

dieboy

I read the first two ...
Then realized this could all be accomplished by not being a selfish jerk wad that is borderline dumb and ignorant to their surroundings..

Thanks though! ;)

geekza

Honestly, some of this stuff is really useful to me! Things have changed so much since the last time I was there that I have no idea what to do in order to enter the parks, etc. No, I'm not planning on climbing on a trash can, but as far as the particulars of how things work, I feel like a first-timer. Thanks for this!

Michaelson

nace888, an absolutely brilliant post! Thank you! I could actually see in my minds eye everything and location and 'situation' you mention, as most of us could who have been to the parks. WELL written!

Regard! Michaelson

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom