WDW Hotels Club Level

CLBMN

Original Poster
Hi,
Anyone have opinions or information to share when staying CL at WDW hotels?
Staying CL for the first time at CSR GDT CL soon.
Kind of excited to see what they offer for the extra $$$. Is it worth it?
Is there a thread already in place, sorry if this is a redundancy?

Thanks so much. 😎

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Have done club level at AKL, Contemporary and Beach Club. Huge fan (as you can tell).

PROS:
1. Breakfast is great. Several hot, cold and pastry options. Fridge with n/a drinks available.
2. Evening meal can be a real meal. Even my extremely picky parents made supper out of the offerings at CR in November.
3. It's a good place to hang out on arrival day (if your room isn't ready) or departure day (if you need somewhere to hang out before heading to the airport).
4. The attendants are great and super friendly and helpful. They will accommodate what they can. They were almost forcing snacks on us as we were leaving (of course, we had been in the lounge for several hours waiting for ME (RIP!) to come for us).
5. There is a concierge station who can help you with G+/ILL issues. If you're unsure or need help, use them - they are top notch.
6. Dedicated check-in is a nice perk.
7. Take snacks/breakfast to go! They have fresh fruit/pastries/uncrustables that you can take for breakfast. Grab some trail mixes or other afternoon snacks to take to the parks.
8. This is CR-specific, but sitting on the balcony, glass of wine, watching the fireworks is a great way to end a day.

CONS:
1. The mid-day snacks are kinda meh.

MIXED:
1. Evening alcohol selection is resort-dependent. BC in 2019? Scotch - HOORAY! CR in 2021? Cordials - BLECH! But both had beer and wine, so it was all good.

Is it worth it? Financially, it only pays for itself if you eat your meals there and drink a lot of alcohol. But I figure we get close enough that the added perks make it worth it to us.

Enjoy, and congrats!

wdwfan22

If you have ever stayed at club level in true high end resorts, you’ll see that the Disney‘s version doesn’t really offer much. Rooms are the same size as standard rooms. The club lounge concierges can’t really do anything for you in terms of dining reservations unless it’s available in the app. we have found that club level at The Grand Floridian offers the most bang for the buck In terms of service amenities and food offerings at the lounge.

Tinker218

I have stayed at all CL resorts at Disney except AKL an GDT, mainly because their food offerings don’t appeal to me. My favorite place to stay has been the Boardwalk. I have 3 trips planned for this year, the first one in just 18 more days! I love that they have a chef cooking in the lounge every evening and on Sunday mornings for brunch. We always eat lunch out and can easily make a meal of the evening offerings. The chefs cook shrimp scampi, pork loin, strip steak, pasta dishes, wonderful Mac and cheese and many other things. The cast there is the best on property and have become great friends over the years. Looking forward to our next trip to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary and my husband being in remission from cancer.

Richie248

I gave up on Club Level, for me it's not worth the price. For a fraction of the uncharge you can outfit your room with great snacks and beverages via a delivery service. Also CL concierge doesn't have special access to reservations or experiences....from my understanding they pull from the same availability as everyone else. Agree, if you've stayed at CL at other resorts (like Ritz), you'll see Disney fails in comparison.

We love Edna Mode

Have stayed CL at Poly, YC, and Grand Floridian. Ironically all three have been a free upgrade! My son liked Poly the best for the food, my mom liked YC for the ambiance and hubby liked GF for the attention to detail. All three had impeccable service! Did not really utilize middle of the day as we were always out at a park. It is convenient for breakfast and when you want a quick snack coming back to the hotel. I feel very lucky to have been able to partake in this very exclusive service. The food was outstanding, lots of snack choices and if you wanted something not out on the table, someone would always accommodate you.

StarshipDisney

I gave up on Club Level, for me it's not worth the price.

I agree that this hits the nail on the head.

We have stayed Club Level at Contemporary (multiple times), Yacht Club, and Animal Kingdom Lodge. While there were some nice amenities, we as Park Commandos basically got some breakfast and then came back to the late-night desserts...which were ho-hum in our opinion. We were never there for the "heavy snacks" they put out in the evening. So, we basically got some breakfast and some drinks. I am also a heavy planner, so the concierge was not much use to us either.

But this was just our experience. It would be different if we spent more time at the resort and made more use of the amenities. But if you are there for the parks like we are, then we have found it is just not worth the extra expense. Just bring a couple 12-packs of sodas and some snacks with you on the trip.

Tinker218

My husband and I enjoy staying club level. We are at the time in our lives where we enjoy the resort more than the parks! We visit about 2-3 times a year, not this past year since my husband was battling cancer, but we will pick it back up! I am a retired cast member , so I do get great discounts most of the time. I love the Boardwalk Inn the best and we stay there as much as we can. Everyone has there own likes and dislikes, but for me, give me club level!

DISR

Objectively, it is nearly impossible to justify the cost benefit, but there are ways to close the gap. At some hotels (AKL), club level also comes with preferred rooms or specific locations in the hotel. If you want Arusha Savannah View anyway, the CL gap is smaller than if you compare to a no-view room rate. The food and beverage options can be pretty good...I have loved some of the choices at AKL, WL, and Poly. That said, if you are a park warrior--rope drop to fireworks, you will rarely be there when the food is available. It would be nice if there were offerings early enough to make park opening, but that is usually not the case (this was pre-COVID and includes morning EMH openings). You would be fine on your EPCOT day under the current schedules.

Concierge cast members are extremely nice, but Disney has provided them no particular tools to be helpful in a meaningful way. Both times I engaged them would have been easier and faster to take care of the issue myself. They basically do the same thing you can do on the apps or online, but do it for you.

Some lounges are in great locations...the Poly has great fireworks and Electric Light Parade viewing. I believe Contemporary is similar, although I have not stayed there.

The morning offerings get pretty bland over a longer visit, and if you are a breakfast person, you will probably break down and get a real breakfast at some point. The daytime offerings are sparse, but that is the best time to relax in the lounge. Most of them are really nice/well appointed areas, but they get very crowded at peak times. In some cases, evenings have remarkably good offerings, although in small portions. You can definitely make a meal of it, but it will take some work on your part. They definitely cater to the kids in the evenings with offerings...chicken nuggets uncrustables, etc. A nice option is to feed your kids there and save a few bucks on your sit-down meal elsewhere.

Booze is a highlight. If you are a drinker the wines are OK, beer is plentiful, and there are cordials available in the evenings. I never saw scotch or anything along those lines, but I know someone else indicated it was available at their hotel. If you don't see something you want, it can't hurt to ask...the cast members working the food and drink part of the CL are extremely accommodating. I asked for and received mimosas one morning. I also made a few trips from the pool to get a beer in a to-go cup. I am not too frugal, but occasionally I did get an attack of, "it is free upstairs and $10 here at the pool.)

For the record, the time when we got the most benefit from CL was when we had infant/toddler age kids. We were in the hotel more due to naps and other kid considerations. In a couple of cases we were close enough to enjoy the club and still be within the baby monitor range while the kids was napping (we brought our own monitor).

If you have the money for nothing but the best or have a resort-heavy stay, CL is nice. If you were to put the extra $$$ into a cost-benefit spreadsheet, you would probably find you could afford some really nice table service meals for the extra money you are spending.

Last edited:

kane47

Can anyone confirm if the Sugar Loaf Club at the Grand Floridian is open. Guest services doea not have a clue. I've called 6 time over the past month to find out. 3 call reps said guest services told them it is closed and no futher info is availible. 3 call reps said guest services told them there is no building closuers at the Grand and it is just booked. I have tried over 100 combinations of stays with some being long, others short. Some weekdays, others weekends. All different time periods. Nothing available. I had call center reps look further out then I can book on the computer and they have told me there isn't any availability at all in the Sugar Loaf Club catagory. The standard room catagory has even been recently removed as an option from the website booking. Any info would he much appreciated.

tpoly88

Hi,
Anyone have opinions or information to share when staying CL at WDW hotels?
Staying CL for the first time at CSR GDT CL soon.
Kind of excited to see what they offer for the extra $$$. Is it worth it?
Is there a thread already in place, sorry if this is a redundancy?

Thanks so much. 😎
So hard to say now as the cost for a CL room and regular room has separated a lot from when i used go. I stayed CL at GF, Poly, WL, AKL, YC and boardwalk. Boardwalk was neat as we stayed in a cottage in the back but had to go all the way into the hotel and up to the club. was a pain. Poly we stayed regular club level and once in the honeymoon suite in which the only other room in the building was the King K suite. YC was a good club as it was quiet and service good plus the concierge there was able to give you fast passes and other amenities. GF was the same and that had good food and the afternoon/evening was great with food and drinks! Plus GF and Poly had a separate check in which was nice. WL and ALK lodge had the best food for breakfast. Just hearing due to covid its not even close to the same and very little avail so i dont think its worth it anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom