WDW Hotel test site

JPVonDrake

Original Poster
Hey, does anyone know where this picture was taken? It can be found on this site under the construction info of Animal Kingdom Lodge. It says it was taken by "Bongo the Ape Man" . I was just curious if this "test site" is hidden somewhere on WDW property or is it in California?Link to picture

Attachments

• safarilodge3_small.jpg
    safarilodge3_small.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 400

kal1484

Originally posted by MKCustodial
I don't actually understand what you mean. Isn't this Animal Kingdom?

No, it doesn't look like it, I think that she means that there is somewhere where they build a little part of the resort, to see if it will be okay.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by wdwprincess03

No, it doesn't look like it, I think that she means that there is somewhere where they build a little part of the resort, to see if it will be okay.

Oh, ok, now I get it... :D Thanks!

niteobsrvr

Its at WDW far, far from any place guests have access too. And 99% of the cast members can't get their either. If you look hard enough on Terraserver.com on the west side of the property you can find it.

s25843

Originally posted by wdwprincess03

Its actually used for many things
Its also used for promotion, they build a scale mock up of the room and take pictures and video etc... for their ads and promotional materials

DisJosh

Originally posted by Bimmy56
Like that really fakey picture for the new Pop Century hotel?

Ummm I don't see why you're angry but yes they probably used a mock building in an area like this and then touched things up digitally.

DonickCo

Originally posted by niteobsrvr
Its at WDW far, far from any place guests have access too. And 99% of the cast members can't get their either. If you look hard enough on Terraserver.com on the west side of the property you can find it.

It was right in the purple area, Very close to a resort. They tore them down when they built pop century. i had a color Photo of them, but I cant find it, i think I uploaded it to Steve awhile back.

Attachments

• hotel test sight.jpg
    hotel test sight.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 208

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom