WDW has lost much of its magic.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Look, See I'm relevant because I made a post on something everyone else finished with last year.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
In relation to price and experience, WDW does not seem to be a value.

The key there is: "relation". Is Disney a value vs driving to the closest beach, spending the night and having a good meal or two. No. But is Disney a value vs flying to Europe and staying in a decent hotel for a week and eating like you are personal friends with the king? Probably. But then you have to consider the "experience" aspect. And what floats one's boat...does not necessarily float another's.

But I hear ya. I'll say this. The price to experience relationship today at WDW is definitely not what it was 5-10 years back.

Last edited:

DisneyDoctor

~You are quite right - it has lost its appeal. Disney parks profits doubled in the last 5 years and minimal investment. Lack lustre service, poor quality expensive products and bottles of water at extortionate prices. Best view of a Disney Park is in the rear view mirror.
Delete your account and crawl back in your hole.

Nubs70

The key there is: "relation". Is Disney a value vs driving to the closest beach, spending the night and having a good meal or two. No. But is Disney a value vs flying to Europe and staying in a decent hotel for a week and eating like you are personal friends with the king? Probably. But then you have to consider the "experience" aspect. And what floats one's boat...does not necessarily float another's.

But I hear ya. I'll say this. The price to experience relationship today at WDW is definitely not what it was 5-10 years back.
Took the family to London last summer for 8 days. Had a great time at a comparable price.

Raineman

~You are quite right - it has lost its appeal. Disney parks profits doubled in the last 5 years and minimal investment. Lack lustre service, poor quality expensive products and bottles of water at extortionate prices. Best view of a Disney Park is in the rear view mirror.
Ooooh, look at you, all edgy and cool, bashing Disney. I'm sure you'll get a ton of street cred for that. We've already reached our quota of crusty doom-and-gloomers on here, so you may want to look somewhere else before you get made to look like a fool. Maybe you should put this forum in your rear view mirror, and watch us waving goodbye to you as you leave.

11324triangles

I totally understand where your coming from, i find myself looking for things that remind me of the good old days, anywhere at Epcot that looks the same or close to the past gives me a warm feeling. Innoventions next to Club Cool has that feeling right of the back exit of Club Cool, JIYI has it until you ride the ride, Living with the land and parts of the Land, parts of SSE, rumor has it that much of this will be changing, I plan to get some video on my next trip since it will be gone one day. I know things will always change, I think the thing I dislike more than losing old magic is the push of merchandise “celebrating” destruction of memories. Memories are a main draw to WDW and it seems like they only care about them for profit reasons. I have an idea, how about giving everyone a free illuminations T-shirt or even a button, since we have been visiting and paying to see the show for years.

Minnesota disney fan

Meaning what? Lol people who enjoy the parks are somehow in another world?? Well now aren't you just precious.

I get you! Even with all it's faults, I still love WDW and will continue to go until I can't anymore. I still find the magic every time we visit. I get frustrated with the money grabs, but we live with it, and continue to have a great time while at WDW. I don't' see that changing in the near future.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom