wdw guest communications question

glendroid

Original Poster
why does it take them so long to reply? its been over two weeks now and they keep saying thanks for responding to wdw guest communication and that they'll contact me if they need anymore information.

its annoying.

any insight?

Tater48

I have been trying to get ahold of someone there since December. Today I sat down and wrote letters to Jay Rasulo and Meg Crofton to see if maybe they, or someone in their offices could figure out why guest communication are not responding to peoples e-mail and letters. Maybe they will answer, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I don't even get the auto reply e-mail anymore.:brick::hammer:

Tom

Beta Return
why does it take them so long to reply? its been over two weeks now and they keep saying thanks for responding to wdw guest communication and that they'll contact me if they need anymore information.

its annoying.

any insight?

Let's say that 120,000 people visit the 4 theme parks on any given day. That's about 30,000 per park, which is on the low end for the MK and Epcot.

If a mere 1% of daily guests sent a letter or email to Guest Relations, that's 1200 people a day. That's a lot to sift through.

Granted, many of them just say, "fast track and the big ball broke while i was there. i want my mony back", but a good number of them will be well-written and offer paragraphs of both praise and constructive criticism.

The former will be "filed" but the latter will be read by someone, eventually. I'm sure someone does the initial filtering, and then sorts the worthwhile ones into different inboxes for departments to review.

If you sent one complaining about something, it may get looked at, in the order in which it was received. And believe me, WDW gets plenty of complaints emailed and mailed to them, so you may be in a LONG line.

However, if your correspondence was positive, or giving praise, rest assured that it did NOT go un-noticed, but that they can't spend their time reply to every one of those e-mails with "Thank you".

So, depending on how constructive your letter was - and what type of feedback you gave - you may or may not be in line for a resposne.

Regardless, be patient. Sending multiple follow-ups isn't going to get you anywhere other than blacklisted.

Mystic

I sent an email to wdw guest communications a couple days after I got back from my trip in December praising 4 specific cast members for their fantastic service and just being all around wonderful cast members as they helped my mom and I through a rather tough time with our travelling companions. I got a phone call from someone in the guest communications office a few days later thanking me for bringing the actions of these CMs to their attention.

Tater48

Try sending your complaints and comments here, I'm sure they would love to hear about them;

Meg Crofton, President, Walt Disney World
Executive Offices
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
1375 East Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-0040

Or

Jay Rasulo
Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, California 91521

Can't be any more frustrating not getting a response from them as it is from anyone else at Disney. Cant hurt to try. I'm going over 5 weeks now without a response, so I chose to take this route.

You might want to do this before February 6th, because no one knows if they will still be in this position after this date.

shmmrname

Everyone would like to know that there is some accountability in the end, and that they, as paying customers, would have their opinions valued, and their thoughts heard.
But, at the risk of sounding much older than I really am, it really isn't the way things are going currently. Business is just less personal.
E-mails stream endlessly, they are easy to send and even easier to dismiss. Written letters take time, and I think, are often the less likely to be passed on without a care. It's more cost-effective for customers to look at a FAQ sheet or fill out a survey, than it is to actually decipher individual experiences.
Disney, and WDW, is huge... So it obviously is a huge undertaking to respond to customer questions. Is it disconcerning that they haven't gotten back to you yet with a real response? Yes. Sadly, I can't really say it's out of the ordinary for businesses it's size/scope.
I sincerely hope they do answer your questions, and those of others waiting. We hope Disney is different than the other massive corporations, and it's in this area that we give them the chance to prove it.

Tom

Beta Return
I'm going to chime in again and shed some light on this from a personal experience, at the Customer Service end of things.

I am one of two people who run a large Catholic Church festival in Speedway, Indiana. Next to the 3 races at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, it's the largest event in town. In 3 nights we get over 100,000 people coming through to eat, drink, ride carnival rides and gamble (of course).

I handle all marketing and customer service, which means I get ALL the emails and survey results before, during and after the event. And let me tell you, people have lots of opinions.

In the week after the event, I'll average about 1,000 emails either directly to my festival email address or through our web form or survey. And I'll go on the record right here and now and confess that at least 1/3 of them end up in the trash within seconds of reading them.

Why? Because they're rude, or useless, or they lack any constructiveness at all. People will seriously take them time to send an email to let me know they didn't like our Fish Breading this year (it's never changed), or to tell me we need 10 more port-a-jons or to tell me that they've been coming for 50 years but this was their last, and not give a reason.

I just can't take the time to reply to each of those. Firstly, many of those people just want to start an argument, so I'm not going to give them the opportunity. Now, if I got 50 emails that said we needed more toilets, I'd probably write up a template response and send it back to those 50 people letting them know we're looking into it, etc, etc. But one person !ng about the toilets doesn't justify my time sending a response.

However, we get lots of praises and CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms too. I reply to every single email that praises something we do. I also attempt to reply to every email that provides negative feedback in a positive manner, thanking them for their feedback and often for their tactfulness.

It is my opinion, and I stand firm, that if you aren't polite and cordial in your initial correspondence, you don't deserve a response at all. I will also admit that I've been quick to hop on email and send nasty-grams to companies after a bad experience (usually airlines) - but in my age, I've learned to sleep on every negative experience and write (or re-write) my emails or letters the next day, when I've had time to vent and realize that it wasn't as tragic as it seemed right after the experience.

Now, like I said before, I don't know what kind of feedback you all sent to WDW, so I can't say whether I personally believe you deserve a response. However, if all you sent was negative feedback in a rude or tactless manner, I don't blame them if they deleted your messages. Likewise, if you sent praise or constructive criticisms, without any demands, hopefully they get back with you.

Keep in mind that they could have also downsized the department that reads emails - we never know.

glendroid

Original Poster
i was told to email WDW guest communications to communicate my claim for a hotel room we had to purchase. A CM named kit was also very helpful in our debacle. she gave me the card to email gust communications.

Tom

Beta Return
i was told to email WDW guest communications to communicate my claim for a hotel room we had to purchase. A CM named kit was also very helpful in our debacle. she gave me the card to email gust communications.

Well, then this sounds like a legitimate communication - so don't take anything I said personally!!! :)

With that said, you should probably follow-up again and just be very polite and explain that you sent your initial communication on XX date and that you hadn't heard back and were wondering if, perhaps, there is another department you should communicate.

That's a nice way of saying, "Hey, quit sitting on your a$$ and reply to my dang email!" but without making them mad. :lol:

Also, if your communication is regarding a claim, they may have had to forward it to another department where it takes longer to get back to people due to the nature of the issue (i.e. writing you a check!).

Be patient and follow-up. Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom